2018 Discontinued List

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
tvenuto

Re: 2018 Discontinued List

Post by tvenuto »

Might have to finally pull the trigger on the Manix backlock and sprig (although I have little use for it TBH).
GarageBoy

Post by GarageBoy »

Is the stretch 3 coming in g10, or a stretch 2 frn?

Hate losing a zdp model

Also, losing the nicer version of the Benchmade grip sucks, I hope the 4 will be back with a vengeance
swigert

Post by swigert »

Gonna have to get a sprig and the cook and chef knives.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

tvenuto wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:21 pm
Might have to finally pull the trigger on the Manix backlock and sprig (although I have little use for it TBH).
You won't regret it! Both great knives. Manix Backlock was a great yard beater last year, and my Sprig has found daily use in the kitchen lately.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Already on sale at BladeHQ (possibly other dealers) at 45%+ off MSRP (regular prices are 35% off MSRP).

https://www.bladehq.com/cat--Special-Sale--1244
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:59 pm
Liquid Cobra wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:50 pm
The ouroboros will be something collectors hunt for someday that’s for sure. It’s a brilliant design that never got a chance from the knife community simply because of its washers.
And price

Yes, I considered adding that as another reason, but ultimately decided not to as the price in a few years will likely be higher than it was new. People will pay it.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
gdwtvb

Post by gdwtvb »

The stealth Chaparral had a good run, It's my most oft used Spyderco. I am generally opposed to buying pre-need replacements but I am sorely tempted to get another before they are gone for good.

But then I'm planning on the Mcnees, the Ankerson/Sanders Bowie, and strongly considering the new hatchet...decisions, decisions.

Grizz
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Really glad I recently picked up a Pattada. I actually already have quite a few on this years list. Few!

The Euroedge, Mantra and ManixBL are all tempting. I am trying to talk myself out of all of them. The Euroedge isn't very practical but it is dead sexy. Ugh... I don't like bearings but I LOVE M4 and I LOvVE the Delica. Ugh... The ManixBL will soon be gone forever. Do I really want to miss out on it? Ugh...

Time to liquidate some funds me thinks!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:14 pm
Spydergirl88 wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:59 pm
Liquid Cobra wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:50 pm
The ouroboros will be something collectors hunt for someday that’s for sure. It’s a brilliant design that never got a chance from the knife community simply because of its washers.
And price

Yes, I considered adding that as another reason, but ultimately decided not to as the price in a few years will likely be higher than it was new. People will pay it.
The Sliverax may have killed the Ouroboros. When you compared the two it was a no brainer.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
SG89

Post by SG89 »

^Yep
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
archangel

Post by archangel »

So there's the opportunity to add PSF27 and O1 at friendly prices. The Bushcraft is a beauty. The Junction, imho not so much. Problem is, fixed blades really need the outdoors, and I'm a townie...

I tend to replace my FRN Stretch with the G10 version, and that'll be all. Unless they add more models.
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
archangel

Post by archangel »

RamZar wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:04 pm
Already on sale at BladeHQ (possibly other dealers) at 45%+ off MSRP (regular prices are 35% off MSRP).

https://www.bladehq.com/cat--Special-Sale--1244
And on KC

https://www.knifecenter.com/department/ ... rco-knives
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

I'm trying really hard not to get caught in the "hype" for lack of better word to panic-buy some knife i really never intended to in the first place.. Why is it that every time the fact that something will be disco'd trigger the "Darn, i must buy one" reflex?!
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

The Euroedge is awesome. I already own one. At that price...wow.
I might have to give the D'Allara 3 another shot.
I'm surprised the Lil' Temp 3 and Q Ball were not disco'd.
Very surprised the Manix 2 back lock was already cut. Somewhat surprised about the ATR 2 too.
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Ironically I was about to order the Chefs Knife anyway, but it was out of stock on this continent, so have just ordered it from KC.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Larry_Mott wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:36 pm
I'm trying really hard not to get caught in the "hype" for lack of better word to panic-buy some knife i really never intended to in the first place.. Why is it that every time the fact that something will be disco'd trigger the "Darn, i must buy one" reflex?!
I hear you. I fought it and missed out on the Southfork. I also really wish I had bought a backup Slyz Bowie. Now I never carry mine because I'm afraid to lose it.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Larry_Mott wrote:
Because I missed out on the Slysz Bowie, Southfork, Street Beat Micarta, many more. Also buying it discounted now feels better than paying double or triple next year when I decide oh hey I want that knife now. Honestly though I was going to buy the Sprig this morning but held off and then magically 2 hrs later it became discontinued so I couldn't pass that up. Wish I would've seen knifecenter's prices before I "panic-bought" at GP. :p
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:00 pm
Larry_Mott wrote:
Because I missed out on the Slysz Bowie, Southfork, Street Beat Micarta, many more. Also buying it discounted now feels better than paying double or triple next year when I decide oh hey I want that knife now. Honestly though I was going to buy the Sprig this morning but held off and then magically 2 hrs later it became discontinued so I couldn't pass that up. Wish I would've seen knifecenter's prices before I "panic-bought" at GP. :p
Believe me, i know all about missing out on disco'd models and paying premium for it *Kopa cough cough* However i feel (in my case) that the mere fact that a model will be discontinued makes me pull the trigger on models i wouldn't really care for. If you have the money, by all means buy now and probably get your money back later! All im saying is in my case it is a "created/circumstantial" desire/need :)
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

RIP Sage 2... :confused:

Its probably my most carried 3 incher over the last 5 years. Excellent knife.
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
p_atrick

Post by p_atrick »

archangel wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:29 pm
And on KC

https://www.knifecenter.com/department/ ... rco-knives
The Sage 2 was something like $20 cheaper on KC. Thanks for that. I now have one on the way.