Spyderco Caribbean Serrated Real world experience

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Spyderco Caribbean Serrated Real world experience

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

So I have become very pleased with the Pacific Salt Serrated and was wondering how people are doing with the Caribbean Serrated in LC200N?

Very Happy with H1 in a serrated blade how does LC200N compare? Thinking of purchasing so help appreciated.
FullCircleHook

Re: Spyderco Caribbean Serrated Real world experience

Post by FullCircleHook »

That's a good question. I've only considered LC200N in PE. Is there a benefit in it over H1 in SE?
dsvirsky

Post by dsvirsky »

FullCircleHook wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:43 pm
That's a good question. I've only considered LC200N in PE. Is there a benefit in it over H1 in SE?
One I can think of, off hand. LC200N can be flat ground. I have an SE sheepsfoot Caribbean and the blade is ground thinner than even the SE Delica wharncliffe.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

FFG/SE is a formidable combo. I'm really interested in this steel and how it performs in SE for that reason alone. All I've heard so far is that it isn't quite as tough as H1 and that in PE it holds an edge better than H1....not really any feedback on SE performance yet. I need to get one for myself and check it out.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
FullCircleHook

Post by FullCircleHook »

dsvirsky wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:31 pm
One I can think of, off hand. LC200N can be flat ground. I have an SE sheepsfoot Caribbean and the blade is ground thinner than even the SE Delica wharncliffe.
Wow, that’s very interesting. I hadn’t even considered picking one up in SE, but that makes me consider it. I’m still dreaming that this will get the titanium treatment like Sal discussed at one point.
crazywednesday

Post by crazywednesday »

Any good reviews on this combo yet?
Justin
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

Evil D wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:34 pm
FFG/SE is a formidable combo. I'm really interested in this steel and how it performs in SE for that reason alone. All I've heard so far is that it isn't quite as tough as H1 and that in PE it holds an edge better than H1....not really any feedback on SE performance yet. I need to get one for myself and check it out.
Any traction on testing one yet?
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Evil D wrote:
Yeah that makes two of us >> because I'm now wondering if most if not all Nitrogen based blade steels might possess properties ideal for serrated edges. Because I'm finding that steels you wouldn't suspect of being great in SE are baffling to some degree because I just dont' see a lot of consistency in many blade steels that are particularly good in SE :confused:

I've been financially beat up over this recent surgery I had back in May but I've about got enough nickels put together to try one of these LC200N blades in SE>> and I do like the design of the Caribbean. Again I'm wondering if many of these Nitrogen based blade steels are the ticket for Spyderedges>> because H-1 sure surprised me greatly when Spyderco did their controlled test and found it to be one of the best :confused:

To be truthful I would actually prefer a TUSK model in SE if we could get Spyderco to offer it.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:27 am
Evil D wrote:

Not just yet, had to dump some cash into my car and it's holiday time so maybe Santa will hook me up. I'm also thinking about a SE Tenacious.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

Evil D wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:49 am
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:27 am
Evil D wrote:

Not just yet, had to dump some cash into my car and it's holiday time so maybe Santa will hook me up. I'm also thinking about a SE Tenacious.
I was thinking about getting one too but then I wonder if I shouldn't just get another cara cara rescue 2 for half the price.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam