Plain combo edge

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ZrowsN1s

Plain combo edge

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I'm sure I can't be the first person to do this. But I was sharpening my Lil Native the other day and thought I'll leave a bit at the back with a coarse edge, and finish the rest of the blade on the fine, ultrafine stones. A plain edge combo edge.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
The Meat man

Re: Plain combo edge

Post by The Meat man »

That's interesting. Never thought of having two different edge finishes on a single PE blade before.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
A.S.O.K.A

Post by A.S.O.K.A »

Combo plain edges has its pros and cons. Then again, everything has pros and cons. I would suggest in my opinion, to have a coarse finish from belly to tip( because the edge has the assistance of the sweep), and give the flats a finer finish. If you try it that way, it may work out better. Again, just an opinion
Every Steel Has Its Appeal :cool:

A.S.O.K.A Edge on Youtube
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

Machete enthusiasts do a similar thing. They sharpen a small section near the handle at a more acute angle to facilitate controlled carving. The rest of the edge is optimized for slashing work.