Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
500Nitro

Re: Location

Post by 500Nitro »

Brock O Lee wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:03 am
Greetings from Melbourne, Australia!
Brock

Send me a PM re suburb, I'm in the west.
3 x Endura 1 SE, 1 x Endura ? CE and a Black Pacific Salt. Want Aqua Salt, Fish Hunter and a Pacific Salt Yellow.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Portland, Oregon - home of Blade Show West :) Since joining this forum five years ago, I have lived in three states on both sides of the US.
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

so, I listed them all so far I think :cool: :
Sorry if I missed anyone, and this is in no particular order

- Missouri, Michigan, Illinois, Montana, Colorado, Kentucky, Texas, New York, Pasadena, California, North Carolina, Maryland, Hawaii, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Tennessee, New Mexico, New Hampshire, Indiana, Oregon, Minnesota, USA
- Lombardy, Italy
- Sofia, Bulgaria
- Melbourne, Sydney, Gold Coast, and Canberra, Australia
- Vancouver, Alberta and Ontario, Canada
- Volgograd, Russia
- Palawan, Philippines
- Austria
- Germany
- Transylvania, Romania
- Madrid, and Barcelona, Spain
- The Netherlands
- North Island, New Zealand
- Akershus, Norway
Hill82

Post by Hill82 »

Since I don't see my sate represented - I'm in Delaware.
CF CTS-XHP Chaparral (my gateway Spydie), Blurple CPM-S110V Para 3, Natural DLC CPM-M4 Para 3, Blue M390 Para 3, Dark Grey MAXAMET Para 3, Red TiCN HAP40/SUS410 Delica 4, CF 52100 Para 3, Burnt Orange CPM REX-45 Para 3, CF CPM-S90V Para 3, Brown CPM-S35V Para 3, Red CPM-4V Para 3, Black G-10 CPM-S35V Native 5, Blue Gray Aogami Superblue Calypso Jr., Black FRN CPM-S30V Native 5, Orange FRN CPM-S90V Native 5, Gray CPM-S90V 2018 Forum Para-Military 2 , Black Corian VG-10 PlainEdge Cooks, Black Corian VG-10 SpyderEdge Cooks, Black Corian VG-10 PlainEdge Chefs
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

Hershey, PA
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Hill,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
tonijedi

Post by tonijedi »

Porto, Portugal
KnickKnackCity

Post by KnickKnackCity »

SF Native wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:47 pm
Knick knack, you were 3 blocks from my house at that wedding. Would have invited you over for a beer if I had known.
Like Tko stated, the beauty of this thread is we now know for next time! If you are ever in Denver I have 3 fantastic microbreweries and a whiskey distillery pretty much within walking distance of my place.
KnickKnackCity

Post by KnickKnackCity »

Jazz wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:04 pm
ABX2011 wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:32 pm
I'm surprised at the number of members from outside the US.
Just curious, why’s that? Spyderco’s famous worldwide. Even here in Alberta.
For me it's a little surprising because we hear so many grievances from folks outside the US regarding the hoops they have to jump through to participate in this hobby. The biggies being local & national knife laws, import issues, inflation, and lack of established dealers on a BHQ/KC/DLT level. Its great that y'all find ways to overcome to join us in :spyder: greatness. Even the Aussies! :p :D
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:20 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:20 pm
Cool thread here! Could bring forum members that live fairly close to one another to meet and form real friendships! Find it a bit odd with those being secretive...i don't see this being the place for someone to try and hunt someone down to cause harm. Great thread Sal!
I will reply since I was the outspoken one about my anonymity. I have made many friends on here and on bladeforums. I have met dozens of forumites in person and communicated with many in other ways including email, PM, FaceTime and phone calls. I have also bought and sold with quite a few on here. There are many forumites who know where I live. I like to think that I have made some great friends online through this hobby.

That said, this is still the internet. Nothing wrong with being cautious in my opinion. I have openly shared my real name so I am not being too secretive.
Hey Darby, I wasn't trying to single you out! Plus you gave a very valid reason with your past experience. There's always some odd balls out there. Can't blame you

I just thought this was a great idea overall that's all. I actually met one of my best friends througha car forum about 10 years ago from a thread similar to this. Hoping others could have the same kind of luck as I had!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
CanaBrit

Post by CanaBrit »

Not too far away, I'm in Calgary, Alberta (Canada).
And its even warm enough to melt the weekends snow today :)

(Originally from Yorkshire, England)
Last edited by CanaBrit on Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Twin Falls, Idaho, USA.
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

updated my location!
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
toocool006

Post by toocool006 »

New Orleanian here! (albeit a transplant by way of Maryland and New York).

Updated my location as well :)
~andrew
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

KnickKnackCity wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:55 am
For me it's a little surprising because we hear so many grievances from folks outside the US regarding the hoops they have to jump through to participate in this hobby. The biggies being local & national knife laws, import issues, inflation, and lack of established dealers on a BHQ/KC/DLT level. Its great that y'all find ways to overcome to join us in :spyder: greatness. Even the Aussies! :p :D
The UK has some dumb laws, but most of EU is not bad. In my country most things go as long as the folding knife is no longer than 11 inches and only sharp on one side of the blade. This is huge compared to what most Americans can carry :p. Automatics and butterfly knives are forbidden though.

We don't have many physical shops which limits the knife hobby exposure. But getting stuff online is pretty easy. Sprints don't sell out as fast here, often takes a couple of weeks which i don't mind. :)

Prices are higher due to our VAT (21%), but that is with all goods. Our biggest issue is that we only get 20-25% off MSRP vs you Americans getting 35-40%. Want that Caly SuperBlue sprint? still in stock here with only 8% off MSRP ($135)...
I'll keep complaining about price issues but it won't stop me from the hobby. But it does hurt people with less funds.
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Just bought our first home, so now I am coming from Gold Bar, WA.
Josh
crow2071

Post by crow2071 »

murphjd25 wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:54 am
Just bought our first home, so now I am coming from Gold Bar, WA.
Congratulations!!
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:01 am
bearfacedkiller wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:20 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:20 pm
Cool thread here! Could bring forum members that live fairly close to one another to meet and form real friendships! Find it a bit odd with those being secretive...i don't see this being the place for someone to try and hunt someone down to cause harm. Great thread Sal!
I will reply since I was the outspoken one about my anonymity. I have made many friends on here and on bladeforums. I have met dozens of forumites in person and communicated with many in other ways including email, PM, FaceTime and phone calls. I have also bought and sold with quite a few on here. There are many forumites who know where I live. I like to think that I have made some great friends online through this hobby.

That said, this is still the internet. Nothing wrong with being cautious in my opinion. I have openly shared my real name so I am not being too secretive.
Hey Darby, I wasn't trying to single you out! Plus you gave a very valid reason with your past experience. There's always some odd balls out there. Can't blame you

I just thought this was a great idea overall that's all. I actually met one of my best friends througha car forum about 10 years ago from a thread similar to this. Hoping others could have the same kind of luck as I had!
I have been into trucks and off-roading for many years. I have also met some good people through automotive forums. The off-roading forums are a bit different than these forums in that they organize trail rides where forum members get together. Forums where people have met face to face tend to have a great vibe. Probably due to the lack of anonymity.

There have been a few attempts on here and bladeforums to organize meet ups. They never seem to get much traction unfortunately. I would be down with meeting for coffee or beer somewhere and talking knives and stuff. I have gone camping four times now with a group of folks over on bladeforums and have made some good friends doing it. I also got to meet quite a few forumites at the seconds sale which was great. One of these days I will make it to bladeshow and hopefully put some more faces to the names around here.

Maybe we try to start some local meet ups?
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

For the past two decades, southern New Hampshire, but a new-to-me Class B motorhome is going to make my address a bit fluid. Might be in Newfoundland or on the Colorado Plateau. :p
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
hackzogan

Post by hackzogan »

Fort Worth, Texas