Just placed my order for my Military.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Cave_Hermit

Just placed my order for my Military.

Post by Cave_Hermit »

Well I don’t get to purchase too many higher end knives in account of the boss (my wife) :p ! Though today she let me get the knife I was always curious about. I almost got the Resilience on account that they look similar but I’m glad I read reviews about the subtle differences between them and the not so subtle (S30V Steel) I love s30v steel on account of the humidity in my area. I’ll be sure to update you all on how it goes for edcing around my property!
PanChango

Re: Just placed my order for my Military.

Post by PanChango »

Congrats. The Military is a great knife.

When I first received mine, I was shocked at how big it was. After a while it doesn't seem so bad.

Enjoy.
anycal

Post by anycal »

I remember when I first got a Military. I was mesmerized. Never had a folding knife that size, although it really isn't that big. With use and carry, it shrunk pretty quick. It is my top three favorite. Enjoy!
Peter
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Enjoy your new knife! The Military is one of my all time favorites. I also echo what the others have said - it seems huge at first but it shrinks with carry. Now my other knives seem small. :)
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
tps3443

Post by tps3443 »

Congrats, After a lot of convincing my wife let me order my paramilitary 2 S110V blurple. I’m ordering a Military next. If I can, “My wife talking”

Mine came from BladeHQ today, it is so fun opening new knives! I love it.
“My daily razor blade”
Microtech Stitch CTS-204P stonewashed blade
Microtech Dirac Delta CTS-204P Black DLC
^Wicked Edge guided system^
Bodog

Post by Bodog »

One of the greatest designed and engineered knives out there. To have a blade that big and capable at such a light weight with ergos that most knife makers envy, well, it's just a great knife. I prefer other steels spyderco produces more than S30V but spyderco's S30V performs better than most other manufacturers produced regardless of steel.

May i try to entice you to try a 204P/M390, M4, or Cruwear version? Or try the aforementioned steels within a PM2?

Personally I'm waiting for the cruwear/micarta shaman. It will be a beast of a knife and is highly anticipated by many who know what spyderco can do.

All are great choices and the base S30V Military is one great do it all knife. Just wait until you put it to work.

Do you have a way to sharpen it?
They who dance are thought mad by those who do not hear the music.
Cave_Hermit

Post by Cave_Hermit »

Bodog wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:57 pm
One of the greatest designed and engineered knives out there. To have a blade that big and capable at such a light weight with ergos that most knife makers envy, well, it's just a great knife. I prefer other steels spyderco produces more than S30V but spyderco's S30V performs better than most other manufacturers produced regardless of steel.

May i try to entice you to try a 204P/M390, M4, or Cruwear version? Or try the aforementioned steels within a PM2?

Personally I'm waiting for the cruwear/micarta shaman. It will be a beast of a knife and is highly anticipated by many who know what spyderco can do.

All are great choices and the base S30V Military is one great do it all knife. Just wait until you put it to work.

Do you have a way to sharpen it?
Hey mate yeah I have the sharp maker with the basic rods, I was looking into gettting it in a different steel but the S30V version was on sale and my Yojimbo 2 in that steel has not let me down! That new shaman sounds great and the new Yojimbo looks amazing but unfortunately in Australia we get new Spydercos a lot later in our stores and importing knives into this country is hard as we have a law against importing knives that you can open with one hand.
Cave_Hermit

Post by Cave_Hermit »

Thanks everyone I’m pretty excited for this purchase, I know what you all mean about it looking big then getting used to the size as my first folder was an endura and that thing looked massive to me the first month I had it.
Cave_Hermit

Post by Cave_Hermit »

:)
vivi

Post by vivi »

Apparently I'm in the minority. When I first held a Millie I didn't think it looked big at all. I thought, "It's about time I find a knife that fits my grip."
:unicorn
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Vivi wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:47 pm
Apparently I'm in the minority. When I first held a Millie I didn't think it looked big at all. I thought, "It's about time I find a knife that fits my grip."

Well yeah, you're Vivi. ;)
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Shooter4321

Post by Shooter4321 »

Favorite spyderco model and my favorite folder. You done good, enjoy it it will serve you well.
rgrad80

Post by rgrad80 »

Cave_Hermit wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:56 pm
Well I don’t get to purchase too many higher end knives in account of the boss (my wife) :p ! Though today she let me get the knife I was always curious about. I almost got the Resilience on account that they look similar but I’m glad I read reviews about the subtle differences between them and the not so subtle (S30V Steel) I love s30v steel on account of the humidity in my area. I’ll be sure to update you all on how it goes for edcing around my property!
I’m super excited to hear an update from you in a few months about your Mili:) I bet it’s going to become one of your favorite knives of all time.
The Mili is a very capable knife, with the ability to do verity of tasks well. I’ve hard used my Mili as well as used it for delicate tasks. It’s just an awesome tool.
Congratulations.
Days without buying a Spyderco: 35

You always have a choice.
T-1000

Post by T-1000 »

The best Spyderco ever IMO.
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

Cool, i hope you like it.
I just made a deal on a 204p millie on knife swap which should be coming my way soon. Gotta see what all the fuzz is about with all them millie lovers on this forum. :p
tps3443

Post by tps3443 »

I have never tried S30V. I jumped from a Tenacious in 8cr13mov, which I had to maintain/ sharpen daily, or multiple times per day depending on actual usage just to keep a decent working edge I got tired of it. So I wanted the largest noticeable improvement I could find, and afford for less than $200 bucks, so I jumped on the S110V band wagon.

I used my S110V PM2 all day for the first time without the slightest degradation in edge performance. I was just amazed..I had no idea super steels existed like this. I’m new to knives and all..But I summed it up to, most any knife gets dull fast, and loses that working edge quick.

S110V proved me wrong^

Now I’m open to try all sorts of other steels.
“My daily razor blade”
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

Vivi wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:47 pm
Manly man with mega meaty mitts!
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

tps3443 wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:00 pm
I have never tried S30V. I jumped from a Tenacious in 8cr13mov, which I had to maintain/ sharpen daily, or multiple times per day depending on actual usage just to keep a decent working edge I got tired of it. So I wanted the largest noticeable improvement I could find, and afford for less than $200 bucks, so I jumped on the S110V band wagon.

I used my S110V PM2 all day for the first time without the slightest degradation in edge performance. I was just amazed..I had no idea super steels existed like this. I’m new to knives and all..But I summed it up to, most any knife gets dull fast, and loses that working edge quick.

S110V proved me wrong^

Now I’m open to try all sorts of other steels.
I hear you. I jumped from an AUS 8 work knife to an S30V PM2 in 2010. Big difference. Then to an M390 PM2 in 2012-13? Additional goodness there. Then in 2017 I was gifted a Manix 2 in S110V. Wow! Such amazing long life of the working edge, exceeded all my expectations. Had I gone straight from 8Cr13 I would have been gobsmacked!
tps3443

Post by tps3443 »

We all love pictures, they just about make the forum so keep us posted! Enjoy your new toy, I mean tool.
“My daily razor blade”
Cave_Hermit

Post by Cave_Hermit »

It came today and as people said I was really not expecting such a big knife but I like it.The fit and finish is perfect and opening and closing it is amazing I am used to lock backs and have never really owned a liner lock besides the resilience but I can tell this one is even more beefy. Next one my list is hopefully another version of the military with different steel and maybe dlc coated. Anyway it feels great to have my second Golden Spyderco my first being the almighty Yojimbo 2, but I think the mili could maybe replace that as my favourite folder. I will keep you guys updated on how it goes on my property I do take care of my knives but at the same time they are users.
Regards Hermit.

https://imgur.com/hvMKkOq