Tell Me about The Mantra 3!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sharp Guy

Re: Tell Me about The Mantra 3!!

Post by Sharp Guy »

Tdog wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:35 am
Curious what bearings are in the Mantra 3?
It has the new bearing system that Spyderco is now using. Nick Shabazz' YT review confirms this.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:52 am
Tdog wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:35 am
Curious what bearings are in the Mantra 3?
It has the new bearing system that Spyderco is now using. Nick Shabazz' YT review confirms this.
Thx, just checked out his video, does a great job with his reviews...fun to listen to.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

I ordered this last night. Looking forward to trying out the new design. Normally not a fan of non-Golden comp locks and so far haven't liked any of the flippers... Ready to give these new bearings a whirl.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:53 am
I ordered this last night. Looking forward to trying out the new design. Normally not a fan of non-Golden comp locks and so far haven't liked any of the flippers... Ready to give these new bearings a whirl.
Cool! I'll be interesting to read what you think. I'm curious to know how the detent is on these.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
rossco599

Post by rossco599 »

Got my mantra 3 in the mail a few days ago and I figured I'd share my thoughts. Fit and finish is perfect, very smooth and drops shut out of the box. Almost the same footprint as the delica (minus the flipper tab) and just a hair wider. The detent as far as push button, you have to try to hardly press it to make it not flip. Light switch takes a medium pull. To shake the blade out is slightly harder than the Benchmade Bugout. I was expecting not to be able to shake it out but then again the only other <$50 knives i can compare it with i have are mentioned above. And the blade, it looks less recurve (or what ever you want to call the part by the flipper) in person than some pics. The shape makes the knife flow well but with my lansky system the last 1/8" will not get sharpened but doesn't I really matter to me (still more edge than the delica). The compression lock and flipper are fine together. They hardly overlap. If you like to use the front edge of the lock, you have to release by half way shut or if you don't deathgrip it it will just push you finger out of the way. Only thing is I wish it had a black clip but that's just me.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

rossco599 wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:07 am
Only thing is I wish it had a black clip but that's just me.
This^
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb