Forum Knife Release Info!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Dingo

Re: Forum Knife Release Info!

Post by Dingo »

****, If I wasn’t from over the pond I’d be so tempted
hereiamu1

Post by hereiamu1 »

Got mine today.

Doeswhateveraspidercan

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

Dingo wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:55 pm
Hop the pond mate, whats a wee bit of shipping for a gem like this?
Dingo

Post by Dingo »

Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:18 am
Dingo wrote:
And your fault my order has been placed Sir
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Dingo wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:55 am
Dingo wrote:
Laughing, good for you.

Us Spyderco people tend to encourage each other to do what we want to already. You should see my Spyderco Military collection Same knife but different steel and I don't care what anyone says every steel slices differently.

Looking at all of the Spyderco forum knives of the past this is undoubtedly one of the most unique. I just know this is Eric Glesser's influence we are seeing.

If it makes you feel any better I just saw the very first Spyderco Forum knife from the year 2000 which was a military model sell for a little over $600.00 so you might want to consider buying two one to use and one to admire and perhaps one day sell.
Dingo

Post by Dingo »

Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:31 am
Dingo wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:55 am
Dingo wrote:
Laughing, good for you.

Us Spyderco people tend to encourage each other to do what we want to already. You should see my Spyderco Military collection Same knife but different steel and I don't care what anyone says every steel slices differently.

Looking at all of the Spyderco forum knives of the past this is undoubtedly one of the most unique. I just know this is Eric Glesser's influence we are seeing.

If it makes you feel any better I just saw the very first Spyderco Forum knife from the year 2000 which was a military model sell for a little over $600.00 so you might want to consider buying two one to use and one to admire and perhaps one day sell.
I was looking at the list that some kind forum members complied and I am very impressed.
I overlooked spyderco for years with the exception of my bushcraftuk knife. Then started reading things by Sal and Cliff Stamp and really liked the way spyderco do business,the way they listen to the client base and the r and d put into everything. Very impressed.
Anyway apologies for thread drift
Doeswhateveraspidercan

All threads drift on all forums and talking knives is always fun and we are both proud owners of the Best forum knife ever in my opinion. Should get both of mine today, cant wait.
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

Released a week ago and still in stock.
Hurry up if you don't want to miss it out :D
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

Every other picture posted seems to go from convincing me to buy it then the next pic convinces me not to. Most likely passing on it to buy what I want more.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Sjucaveman wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:29 am
Every other picture posted seems to go from convincing me to buy it then the next pic convinces me not to. Most likely passing on it to buy what I want more.
I will try to get you some good pictures but it is hard to share here as the forum limits the size. Mine should be in tonight I would be willing to take whatever shots you want and email them to you.
BigGrove

Post by BigGrove »

Got mine yesterday. This knife is way, way nicer than it looks in any pictures I've see so far. The grey G10 while not dark is darker than it appears in the above photos - very nice shade. The insert is amazing! It's not cheesy, tacky, or whatever it's been called. Again, I don't think a picture can do it justice. Spyderco came up with the goods on this one.

Action on the one I received is perfect, just how I like it. Just falls shut like butter. I like it so much I'm thinking about ordering a second one.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Received both of mine tonight busy no pictures. The web is silver not blue if that is bothering anyone, other than that the most recently shared picture in this thread is accurate.The quality is good. Pull the trigger if on the fence.
Spyderman91

Post by Spyderman91 »

So I feel a bit dumb because I've only now seen this thread... and been hovering around the forums for months.
Saw this year's knife and thought: "Oh cool a cpm 90 PM2", didn't know how I felt about the inlays... but got to say after seeing pictures it looks super excellent. Sad I didn't place an order down, but saving some money till the next release never killed anyone :)
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

Spyderman91 wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:56 am
So I feel a bit dumb because I've only now seen this thread... and been hovering around the forums for months.
Saw this year's knife and thought: "Oh cool a cpm 90 PM2", didn't know how I felt about the inlays... but got to say after seeing pictures it looks super excellent. Sad I didn't place an order down, but saving some money till the next release never killed anyone :)
They are still in stock
dreadpirate

Post by dreadpirate »

Spyderman91 wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:56 am
You and me both. I just ordered one. Glad I got this one cause the last forum knife I got was 2014 (oops - 2015); hmm I guess that is the last one they did(?)
Last edited by dreadpirate on Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

The inlays feel really cool when you put your thumb against them, they are of good quality nothing cheap going on here. I own several PM2's in different steels, fully serrated, partly serrated, M390, S30V, S35VN, S110V and so on and now S90V.

Out of all of them this is my new favorite in appearance and feel in the hand, the steel slices like a mixture between S35VN and S110V. Not as toothy smooth as S35VN and not a polished sliding as S110V. Nice!
dreadpirate

Post by dreadpirate »

The 2014 (oops - 2015) forum knife was S90V as well.
Last edited by dreadpirate on Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colorodo

Post by Colorodo »

Now you can get them with a collector number ?? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spyderco-Para- ... Swe~BbxjtL
rycen

Post by rycen »

There are collector club numbered versions of every knife. Sprint runs,dealer exclusives etc
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Ah so now Sal knows who the profiteers are...