Forum Knife Release Info!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Re: Forum Knife Release Info!

Post by Doeswhateveraspidercan »

Once I discovered the Military I stopped carrying my Paramilitary 2 and now my Para 3's just seem too tiny now. This one will be fun to look at and show off a bit with the guys.
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

Fresh pics of the newly-arrived Forum PM2 from anyone?
Demon85z

Post by Demon85z »

Got mine today! Wow! Nothing cheap looking about this one. I have to admit the stock photo sucked, made it look cheesy! Having absolute faith it would be awesome I ordered right when they dropped. The inlay really pops. Nice and polished, good weight, blade is razor sharp and centered. This is all to be expected coming out of Golden. This is one to grab guys! I know it's not some crazy steel, but s90v is still no joke and still one of my favorites. Awesome job crew and thanks so much for making it happen. I'll carry it loud and proud!
:bug-red-white I collect them all, and use them all! I use the excuse, "I'm trying to find the perfect one", but in reality, they are all perfect in their own way!
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

Only 700+ run and they are still available... Can't beat it.
Colorodo

Post by Colorodo »

Mine are due to arrive tomorrow, looking forward to them.
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Looks like Friday for me and the Fully Serrated Military 440V Should be arriving from Spyderco Spa Treatment on Saturday. YessireeBob the weekend is sharpening up nicely.
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

Based on posters here who said it looks much better in person I ordered one and it should be here on Friday.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

AlexRus wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:24 am
Only 700+ run and they are still available... Can't beat it.
As far as i can remember the last forum knife didn't fly off the shelves either. I posted a pic of mine on FB and immediately people wanted to buy it.
Supply and demand in a nutshell i guess :)
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
Soulrack

Post by Soulrack »

I got mine last night. I got two because I plan to use this one. It's very nice looking with a little stiffer detent and action than the DLT exclusive 20CV that just came out. The gray g-10 is identical to the Cruwear and Maxamet versions... Which are all users for me so I ordered some after market Micarta scales for the Maxamet. At least it's not the light gray color of the 20CP Paramilitary 2 and Cruwear Para 3. I really dislike that shade of gray.
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

Never got tracking but it was a welcome afternoon surprise
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

Nice pics, looks great!
KnickKnackCity

Post by KnickKnackCity »

Really nice pics Vash
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

Mine came today and it is a beautiful knife! Thanks Spyderco crew! I also love how the SFO adds a cool Spyderco sticker. :)
"No matter where you go, there you are"
Doeswhateveraspidercan

Oh my! Now that is beautiful so glad I ordered two of them, one to use hard and one to keep safe.
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

Sadly I stripped a screw switching to tip up carry. But spyderco is sending some out. Just had to put a lanyard on it for now. Had to break out the hair dryer and pliers to get it out. It looks better without the clip though. Feels good in the hand too.
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

VashHash wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:26 pm
Never got tracking but it was a welcome afternoon surprise
Congrats! 👍

I'm waiting for mine to arrive.
Hopweaver

Post by Hopweaver »

VashHash wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:05 pm
Sadly I stripped a screw switching to tip up carry. But spyderco is sending some out. Just had to put a lanyard on it for now. Had to break out the hair dryer and pliers to get it out. It looks better without the clip though. Feels good in the hand too.
I got mine on Tuesday. I have been carrying ever since. I love S90V!!! After reading your post I pulled it from my pocket to check the configuration and realized it was tip down. I guess carrying the Military for the past 8 months has finally converted me to tip down. I am in total shock that I didn't even think about changing the clip or how I was carrying it. That's usually the first thing I do.
:bug-red Make time for the important things in life, and learn to enjoy the little things more. :bug-red
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

Hopweaver wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:25 am
VashHash wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:05 pm
I got mine on Tuesday. I have been carrying ever since. I love S90V!!! After reading your post I pulled it from my pocket to check the configuration and realized it was tip down. I guess carrying the Military for the past 8 months has finally converted me to tip down. I am in total shock that I didn't even think about changing the clip or how I was carrying it. That's usually the first thing I do.
Unfortunately the jimping bites me when I put my hand in my pocket. That's why I switch to tip up and the military hasn't seen pocket time for me because of this too. I'm carrying it in my watch pocket until I get the clip screws.
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

If this is still in stock next time I have knife money, I hope to pick one up!
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
lunde

Post by lunde »

The two that I ordered arrived yesterday, and I snapped a photo of one of them for my Instagram feed → https://www.instagram.com/p/BpFrtixBMTU/