Clip screws

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
sonoma

Clip screws

Post by sonoma »

I was changing the clip on my C10 and stripped 2 of the screws.These were small Phillips screws.I was told the T6 torx screws would work.Does anyone know if that is correct and if so can I buy those at Ace or Home depot? Thank you
koenigsegg

Re: Clip screws

Post by koenigsegg »

Not sure but I've contacted Spyderco several times and always gotten the parts I needed
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
sonoma

Post by sonoma »

Thanks for the reply.I would like to find a little better screw to replace it with, maybe titanium.
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

I would contact Spyderco Customer Service first. As koenigsegg described, they've also come thru for me too for factory parts.

If you want titanium, then try Ebay. There are several vendors that list screws. Send them a message directly if you can't find the exact size or color, many will work with you.
sonoma

Post by sonoma »

Good idea, Mako I will try that.I had noticed the last time I was in Ace hardware they had quite a few gun screws and screws to install scopes.Was hoping I could find something locally but if not I will try ebay and spyderco.
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Try Bladeswelove on eBay.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
sonoma

Post by sonoma »

Thanks Michael, I did talk to the spyderco factory and they are going to send me some screws.I found an old thread on here by going to google and some one had posted the size was 1.93 O.D. and they were Phillips head not torx.Talked to 2 different people at Spyderco and both were easy to deal with.
awa54

Post by awa54 »

sonoma wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:12 pm
Thanks for the reply.I would like to find a little better screw to replace it with, maybe titanium.

Titanium is great for lots of things, but screws aren't a strong suit (unless you *have to* save weight and can grease the threads), Ti threads tend to stick a little too well.

If you order a new clip from SFO it'll come with screws and a little tube of blue loctite. Small screws like that aren't easy to find and the ones that come with the clip will be the correct length already.
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
sonoma

Post by sonoma »

Good to know, Thanks awa54.