Ball bearing washers

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
hereiamu1

Ball bearing washers

Post by hereiamu1 »

What current or upcoming Spyderco's have ball bearing washers?

Thanks,
ZrowsN1s

Re: Ball bearing washers

Post by ZrowsN1s »

If it has a flipper....
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

I wish more models did, the Sliverax has good action and no blade play which is hard to do on other models
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
Crux

Post by Crux »

As an ex-CRKT addict, they use a lot of bb washers and they are as smooth as silk. At the same time I think the Spyderco knives (primarily PM2 and Para3) that have inner liners once slightly tweaked are even better. If you are talking larger knives then it's a probably a good option. With that said, I would like to see a Para3 version flipper. Maybe a Para3 H-1 Salt, a fixed blade Para3 or even a Para3 style hatchet.
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
awa54

Post by awa54 »

Crux wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:02 pm
As an ex-CRKT addict, they use a lot of bb washers and they are as smooth as silk. At the same time I think the Spyderco knives (primarily PM2 and Para3) that have inner liners once slightly tweaked are even better. If you are talking larger knives then it's a probably a good option. With that said, I would like to see a Para3 version flipper. Maybe a Para3 H-1 Salt, a fixed blade Para3 or even a Para3 style hatchet.

What, no Para 3 Swiss Army knife or Para 3 electric carving knife??

:D
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
Crux

Post by Crux »

Why **** yeah! Why not, I'm multi-kniferal. I'm ok with a spear Para3 or even a can-opener Para3. Open your minds, what are you afraid of?
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
hereiamu1

Post by hereiamu1 »

I agree the PM2 and Para 3 have nice action. I prefer to have the bronze washers held captive one way or another. I forgot my Dice had ball bearing washers until I saw Nicks videos this moring. lol My poor Dice hasn't seen daylight for a long time.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Para 3 flipper in LC200n and a drop point or sheepdog blade. :p
brainfriction

Post by brainfriction »

I really wish the Domino was still in production, I'd like to see some kind of other variation on the scales or blade steel. Out of all my Spydies the Domino ranks up there with the PM2, after I broke it in it's just as drop shut smooth as a ZT 0562.