Pink Spyderco For National Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Water Bug

Pink Spyderco For National Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Post by Water Bug »

It’s October and I’m EDCing my Spyderco Pink Native, Model C41PPN, for the entire month in recognition and support of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

The Pink Native was released in 2008 and Spyderco pledged the donation of 5% of all wholesale sales to the Breast Cancer Network of Strength. I purchased the Pink Native in support of this initiative and have EDC’ed this knife every October.

I EDC the Pink Native in support of a close friend’s sister, a very dear friend, and a relative of the family… all three women were faced with the challenges of breast cancer… and, I gave each of these women the Pink Native C41PPN as my way of showing support for them. I found out during a recent high school reunion that one of my classmates faced her own challenges with breast cancer… she says she’s doing well and had finally, for the first time, been okay with having her picture taken… I took a nice photograph of her and her family during the high school tour and sent it to her.

Also, my sister-in-law lost her grandmother to cancer, and cancer was a complication in the loss of her mother. And, I lost a close and very dear friend to cancer two years ago, so I EDC my Pink Native in memory of these fine ladies.

The Pink Native C41PPN was discontinued and replaced by the Pink Native 5 Lightweight (C41PN5). As noted by Spyderco, this knife and some of its popular, brightly colored lightweight models provide a constant reminder of the brave women currently battling all forms of cancer and help support them in that fight. Spyderco continues to support Guardians of the Ribbon/Pink Heals Tour and the “Cares Enough to Wear Pink” programs by donating a portion of the sales of its pink-handled knives to this organization.

https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/detail ... t-Pink/952

I’m EDCing my Pink Native… How about you? :)
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
VashHash

Re: Pink Spyderco For National Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Post by VashHash »

Carrying mine
sal

Post by sal »

All pink knives made for us or exclusives donate to Cancer.

sal
KnickKnackCity

Post by KnickKnackCity »

Thanks for sharing Water Bug. My condolences for the losses and support for the ones still fighting to beat it.

The C41PPN was the first knife I bought my girlfriend back in 2014 and the one that sealed-the-deal on her :spyder: fandom. We did not know of Spyderco's or that specific variants connection to breast cancer awareness until we got it, but were absolutely on board after reading the included pamphlet. Since then she has added another 7 pink Spydies to her collection (ladybug on her keys,) most supporting breast cancer awareness/research for a cure.
Unfortunately that first Native has been MIA for about 2 years. It may be time to start the hunt for a replacement.

Although I have too many new :spyder:'s of my own to commit to a pink one every day of October, she has agreed to let me carry one of hers every Friday this month to join you in bringing awareness. (I'm thinking DF, Native, PM2 and Lum... Real big fan of her lum.)

Lastly, if JP Outman sees this.. Hopefully you have a pink Para 3 exclusive in queue to match your PM2. My guess is those things would move like hotcakes and further support research to find a cure for this disease more widespread than most realize.
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

KnickKnackCity wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:06 am
Thanks for sharing Water Bug. My condolences for the losses and support for the ones still fighting to beat it.

The C41PPN was the first knife I bought my girlfriend back in 2014 and the one that sealed-the-deal on her :spyder: fandom. We did not know of Spyderco's or that specific variants connection to breast cancer awareness until we got it, but were absolutely on board after reading the included pamphlet. Since then she has added another 7 pink Spydies to her collection (ladybug on her keys,) most supporting breast cancer awareness/research for a cure.
Unfortunately that first Native has been MIA for about 2 years. It may be time to start the hunt for a replacement.

Although I have too many new :spyder:'s of my own to commit to a pink one every day of October, she has agreed to let me carry one of hers every Friday this month to join you in bringing awareness. (I'm thinking DF, Native, PM2 and Lum... Real big fan of her lum.)

Lastly, if JP Outman sees this.. Hopefully you have a pink Para 3 exclusive in queue to match your PM2. My guess is those things would move like hotcakes and further support research to find a cure for this disease more widespread than most realize.

You're welcome and thank you for your kind words. Thank you and everyone else supporting this cause through their efforts. And, thank you, Sal, for yours and Spyderco's efforts!

Very nice collection your girlfriend has there.
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Water Bug wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:43 pm
It’s October and I’m EDCing my Spyderco Pink Native, Model C41PPN, for the entire month in recognition and support of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Hi Water Bug, Thanks for sharing. :)

I’ll carry my Pink Lum this month. :cool:

It’s worth a mention that this month is also Polished Man Month.

WHAT IS POLISHED MAN?

One child dies every 5 minutes as a result of violence.

That's why this October we challenge all men and women to paint their fingernails.

Fingernails that spark conversations.

Conversations that inspires donations.

Donations that allow for trauma recovery and trauma prevention for children around the world.

Because it shouldn't hurt to be a child.

Help end violence against children.

A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

I think we need a pink yojimbo 2.