Brouwer: Initial thoughts

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MichaelScott

Re: Brouwer: Initial thoughts

Post by MichaelScott »

I stumbled upon a YouTube “review” of the Brouwer. I actually watched about ten seconds because it was starting like so many others I figured it would be rather useless. But, the comment section was very interesting. I’d say over 90% of the comments were by people who only knew about the knife in any detail from that video. They had not actually held one.

The reviewer had many complaints most of them over the top as if Spyderco had committed major felonies by not designing the knife to his liking.

Only one respondent actually had a Brouwer. His comments were contrary to the reviewer’s. After handling and using the knife he had no complaints about the reviewer’s supposed issue.

The most interesting thing to me is the way all of the commenters fell into line with the reviewer’s even though they had no actual experience with the knife. I call this “signaling” — “I have no actual opinions of my own based on fact, but yeah, I’m with the other guy.”

Stupid.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation