Just bought 2 new enduras with ATS-55 on the blade

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
sonoma

Just bought 2 new enduras with ATS-55 on the blade

Post by sonoma »

A pawn shop owner recently died in my city and they were selling off stuff he had at his house.I bought 2 of the spyderco enduras and they both have ATS-55 on the blades.These are new and i had always had knives that have little screws holding on the clip.I was wondering if they ever broke if i will be able to buy the type of screw with a hole in the middle like these have anywhere.Thank you
embry386

Re: Just bought 2 new enduras with ATS-55 on the blade

Post by embry386 »

ATS-55 hasn't been used in Enduras since the 90s. Those knives are quite old. That's very cool that you got them, I've been after a copy of that model in that steel myself lately. I don't know if they still make that style of clip though. If you look up Spyderco's Pacific Salt model, the clip on that one is probably similar, but I dunno if it's fully compatible.
Accutronman

Post by Accutronman »

Call the SFO and give them the model numbers to see if they have any clip sets in stock. They’re great to deal with and the cost for a clip set is minimal.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Sonoma,

Welcome to our form.

sal
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Are your ATS-55 Endura models Serrated or Plain edged? That's an incredible find>> it hasn't been too long since I ran a thread here on the ATS-55 era.

It's actually a pretty good blade steel and the era in which they ran that steel was one of my favorite time period in Spyder History. That's when I really cut my "Spyder-Teeth" was during that era because that's when I got my very first Spyderco folder ( Spring of 1995). I still have a few models made with that blade steel.

I'm curious as to where you found two brand new ATS-55 Spyderco folders?
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

My oldest Delicas will never need any clip screws.. :)

"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
sonoma

Post by sonoma »

Both of the enduras are plain edged.If I can figure out how to post a picture I will.The man who owned the pawn shop died about a month ago and he collected guns,knives and gold for 40 years.His family is going through his stuff now.I bought 2 of the regular Gen.2 enduras and one stainless endure that I believe is C10.I bought the 2 black ones for $60.00 a piece and $80.00 for the silver one.
sonoma

Post by sonoma »

Thank you for the welcome Sal.I am glad I found this forum.Lots of knowledgeable people here.
Stuart Ackerman

Post by Stuart Ackerman »

Nice catch Sonoma!
sonoma

Post by sonoma »

Thank you Stuart.Just at the right place at the right time, I am normally not very lucky.