Salt 1

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
knivesandbooks

Re: Salt 1

Post by knivesandbooks »

Evil D wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:23 am
knivesandbooks wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:54 am
I didn't much like the yo2 as an edc tbh. They are lookers though.

I love wharnies and I especially love the ergonomics of the Yojimbo 2 but I do think I prefer to have a slight amount of belly as long as it also has a low tip. I've found the Sliverax performs very similarly to a wharnie but also has just enough belly to make it a bit more versatile.

That said I also EDC an Autonomy and so far I haven't ran into a single situation where being a wharnie has been a problem. It seems the vast majority of things I cut I'm holding in my off hand in mod air.
Oh no, I love wharnies and sheepsfoot blades. I carry a serrated wharncliffe delica every day and often have a sheepsfoot/wharny traditional on me. I love those blade styles. I just didn't much like using the yo2.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Evil D wrote:
knivesandbooks wrote:

I love wharnies and I especially love the ergonomics of the Yojimbo 2 but I do think I prefer to have a slight amount of belly as long as it also has a low tip. I've found the Sliverax performs very similarly to a wharnie but also has just enough belly to make it a bit more versatile.
This is one of the reasons I really like my Sliverax. I cut up a bunch of cardboard last weekend and the blade stayed in the cut very nicely. I like that it's very Wharnie-ish yet is also has some belly.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:33 am
Evil D wrote:
knivesandbooks wrote:

This is one of the reasons I really like my Sliverax. I cut up a bunch of cardboard last weekend and the blade stayed in the cut very nicely. I like that it's very Wharnie-ish yet is also has some belly.

That's in part thanks to the negative blade angle and because of the low point in relation to the handle. I've been preaching the gospel about this stuff for a while now, I hope it catches on.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Evil D wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:41 pm
That's in part thanks to the negative blade angle and because of the low point in relation to the handle. I've been preaching the gospel about this stuff for a while now, I hope it catches on.
I'd read that in Sliverax thread and that's one of the reasons I decided to give the model a try. Glad I did!
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Daveho

Post by Daveho »

Gotta say guys... feels pretty darn good
Daveho

Post by Daveho »

Not for me this thing-
It’s going on the popular auction site without malice
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

What don’t you like?
- best wishes, Jazz.
Daveho

Post by Daveho »

When bearing down there’s some ergo issues for me-
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Too bad. Have you handled a Salt 2 (same as Delica’s handle)?
- best wishes, Jazz.
Daveho

Post by Daveho »

Jazz wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:16 am
Too bad. Have you handled a Salt 2 (same as Delica’s handle)?
No I haven’t, well not yet, TBH now I’m down to my Chappy, lil native and my ambitious-
But I actually really am wanting another delica... I just have a habit of losing them lol.