Storage

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ceast

Storage

Post by ceast »

How do folks here store their knives? More specifically, how do you store them if you have small kids, but still want to have them reasonably accessible/convenient?

My son is old enough to get into hiding places, but not old enough to understand proper knife handling and safety.

Right now I'm thinking a small, basic lock box in my desk drawer.
Holland

Re: Storage

Post by Holland »

Gun safe for me
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

lockable equipment case for me.
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Make sure it is a pick-proof lock. My father had a steel locking cabinet with a combination safe within. I think it took me about twenty minutes to get into both.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
cwp

Post by cwp »

I used to keep mine in the gun safe -- Maxpedition makes a little minimalist velcro-backed 3-magazine holder, the MX3502B-BRK, that I found to be just about perfect for holding three knives. I got a bunch of those and stuck them to the inside of the safe door.

The only problem is that you have to be careful not to let the safe get too crowded. I'd probably still be using this method if it weren't for that minor issue ... :)
ceast

Post by ceast »

Not a gun owner, so a gun safe isn't realistic, but it sounds like a locked compartment of some sort is definitely the consensus. Thanks much.