Got online to order a Rescue 3

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
knivesandbooks

Got online to order a Rescue 3

Post by knivesandbooks »

But I ended up with a second serrated jazz delica. The one I got about 6 months ago has been in my pocket about every day. The sharp point, thin stock that is ffg with serrations and that around .5 in plain edge at the tip just really do it for me. I also love that it is designed for a pinch grip too. I often find myself using that grip for whatever reason.

I do really like the look of the rescue but what turned me away was the lack of a plain edge portion at the tip. I understand that it isn't needed for an actual rescue knife, but as one I would carry, I enjoy that little bit of plain edge to start cuts and such. The saber grind and thicker blade stock weren't deal breakers. I guess I was dreaming of an frn backlog serrated carribean sheepsfoot or an frn backlock autonomy. I'll probably just have to go ahead and get a serrated Carribean soon. After I get my Bouwer.

Actually, I probably will get a Rescue 3 anyway.

Sorry for rambling, I guess I just wanted to say that the serrated jazz delica is my go to knife and now I have a second. I strongly recommended everyone try one. And the Rescue 3 is really cool and looks like a beast but I'm afraid it may not be the best worker compared to the pacific salt.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
Sjucaveman

Re: Got online to order a Rescue 3

Post by Sjucaveman »

knivesandbooks wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:27 pm
But I ended up with a second serrated jazz delica. The one I got about 6 months ago has been in my pocket about every day. The sharp point, thin stock that is ffg with serrations and that around .5 in plain edge at the tip just really do it for me. I also love that it is designed for a pinch grip too. I often find myself using that grip for whatever reason.

I do really like the look of the rescue but what turned me away was the lack of a plain edge portion at the tip. I understand that it isn't needed for an actual rescue knife, but as one I would carry, I enjoy that little bit of plain edge to start cuts and such. The saber grind and thicker blade stock weren't deal breakers. I guess I was dreaming of an frn backlog serrated carribean sheepsfoot or an frn backlock autonomy. I'll probably just have to go ahead and get a serrated Carribean soon. After I get my Bouwer.

Sorry for rambling, I guess I just wanted to say that the serrated jazz delica is my go to knife and now I have a second. I strongly recommended everyone try one. And the Rescue 3 is really cool and looks like a beast but I'm afraid it may not be the best worker compared to the pacific salt.
Maybe you should consider the byrd cara cara rescue. It's a lot of knife for around $25.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
Daveho

Post by Daveho »

Sjucaveman wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:04 am
knivesandbooks wrote:

Maybe you should consider the byrd cara cara rescue. It's a lot of knife for around $25.
That’s a knife that’s on my list 100%
ugaarguy

Post by ugaarguy »

Okay, I just had to google what a Jazz Delica is. Why do y'all call the Wharncliffe blade a Jazz?
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

ugaarguy wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:57 am
Okay, I just had to google what a Jazz Delica is. Why do y'all call the Wharncliffe blade a Jazz?
Because forum member jazz did a sketch that became the knife I believe.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

ugaarguy wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:57 am

I guess it’s because of this...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=70607&p=1082686&hilit
- best wishes, Jazz.
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

Daveho wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:18 am
Sjucaveman wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:04 am
knivesandbooks wrote:

That’s a knife that’s on my list 100%
The SE jazz delica or the cara cara rescue. I'm considering the cara cara rescue. Looks a little mean but would make a good yardworking knife.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I have a special place in my heart for Spyderco's "rescue" type blades and all the rest of their "sheepsfoot" type blades as well. My very first Spyder was a Stainless Handled MARINER model in Spyderedge with GIN-1 blade steel. I've also owned a couple of the RESCUE models with the FRN handles and they were good folders. But this is one case where they truly got it right the first time in my humble opinion.

In the late 90s they had two Stainless Handled RESCUE model ( C-14 & C-45) and they both are built like "Sherman Tanks" :cool: For the past 5 months I've pretty much EDCed my Stainless RESCUE full SE, ATS-55 model as a companion folder for my main plain edged EDC ( M390 Military). The Stainless RESCUE in full Spyderedge is probably the most rugged and endurable model of a folder I've ever owned. Yeah in this case they got it right all the way back to the late 90s.

Also I've really been baffled as to why they never offered the Breeden RESCUE model in full SE :confused: :confused: ? Because the Spyderedge really excels in those sheepsfoot/rescue type folders and the Spyderedge is truly king in Hawkbill blades. I rest my case :)