Manix2 4v marbled carbon fiber exclusive

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Ankerson

Re: Manix2 4v marbled carbon fiber exclusive

Post by Ankerson »

Got mine in today. :D

Beautiful knife. :cool:

Won't be using it, going into the collection. ;)

abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Wow, those scales really pop in that lighting. Thanks for the pics! Mine is in my mailbox.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Just got mine. The scales are really amazing. They have an almost surreal, pearlescent look to them.

I'm going to start carrying it and see what I think. I might get another, but I admit that I'm a bit annoyed that they put them on sale almost immediately via eBay, so the people who supported their initial push got "punished" with a higher price.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Ankerson wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:52 am

More of this please! I really feel like the distributor did themselves an I justice in the way they photographed this knife. Every picture I see (including these) make the scales look incredible. It just doesn’t look like this on their site. I bet it would sell better if more people knew it looked like this.

And for the record, I like the old school grind.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

If they did this to a Native 5 HW with a FFG, I'd buy one :)

I really like the scales!
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
KnickKnackCity

Post by KnickKnackCity »

TomAiello wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:02 pm
but I admit that I'm a bit annoyed that they put them on sale almost immediately via eBay, so the people who supported their initial push got "punished" with a higher price.
I definitely get the frustration of paying full price on an item then knowing you could have saved 30 bucks if you would have waited a day. IMO this is just simply a case of bad timing. Fradon apparently has a huge presence on the bay so of course they would list this knife there. Just so happened ebay (not them) ran this coupon the day after.

The positive is that you can soak in my jealously that you already have yours to handle whilst I am stuck ogling pictures till next week.
Slash

Post by Slash »

Ankerson wrote:

So, i guess a hard use test is out of the question then.

where's that mailman with my knives. wow, tracker showing a window 1 hour to 3 from now.
BIGSTRETCH

Post by BIGSTRETCH »

Ankerson wrote:

Wow, it's a looker! I did not expect the mother of pearl effect. Normally smooth scales would annoy me, but the Manix already has grip galore designed into the blade and liners. Keep the pics coming everybody, the wait is more difficult than usual for this one. :D
SteveMidwest

Post by SteveMidwest »

Ankerson wrote:

Thanks for the pics! A beauty, to be sure.
Mine didn't show up today. I'm refraining from Tracking it. Doing that, makes the wait just that much crazier for me! :D
Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

KnickKnackCity wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:55 pm
TomAiello wrote:
but I admit that I'm a bit annoyed that they put them on sale almost immediately via eBay, so the people who supported their initial push got "punished" with a higher price.
I definitely get the frustration of paying full price on an item then knowing you could have saved 30 bucks if you would have waited a day. IMO this is just simply a case of bad timing. Fradon apparently has a huge presence on the bay so of course they would list this knife there. Just so happened ebay (not them) ran this coupon the day after.

The positive is that you can soak in my jealously that you already have yours to handle whilst I am stuck ogling pictures till next week.
I don't think you can blame Fradon for this. In fact I wouldn't be at all surprised if they were significantly annoyed at people being able to
buy it for $30 less on Ebay. Not my problem though -- I guess that is just the cost of doing business on Ebay these days for a seller.
This whole Ebay coupon thing is new to me, but I can imagine if I was a seller, I might not like it much. But I have no idea how it works.
Worked out well for some of us, that's for sure.

And checking just now, I still see the knife "in stock" at their regular website for $210, but it is no longer listed on Ebay.
Maybe that tells you something .. or maybe not.
dsvirsky

Post by dsvirsky »

WireEdge Roger wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:17 pm
A high hollow ground on a big wheel gives the benefits of FFG and HG. The best of both worlds.
^^THIS!!^^
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Tucson Tom wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:59 pm
I don't think you can blame Fradon for this.
Sellers know when coupons happen, and they choose which items to list. Fradon decided to list them on eBay knowing the coupon was there.

I'm not saying they're bad people or anything. Just that it's left a bad taste in my mouth, and it will have some influence on my future purchasing decisions.
KnickKnackCity

Post by KnickKnackCity »

I think that the sellers make the exact same amount regardless of the coupon on these site-wide ones. The cost is incurred by ebay as a marketing tool.
crazywednesday

Post by crazywednesday »

TomAiello wrote:
Just got mine. The scales are really amazing. They have an almost surreal, pearlescent look to them.

I'm going to start carrying it and see what I think. I might get another, but I admit that I'm a bit annoyed that they put them on sale almost immediately via eBay, so the people who supported their initial push got "punished" with a higher price.
Add me to that list.
Justin
Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

TomAiello wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:37 pm
Tucson Tom wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:59 pm
I don't think you can blame Fradon for this.
Sellers know when coupons happen, and they choose which items to list. Fradon decided to list them on eBay knowing the coupon was there.
OK, then -- I don't know the ins and outs of Ebay, so I guess I shouldn't make assumptions.

Well, it certainly always leaves a bad taste to buy something then find that it goes "on sale" the next day, so I can feel your pain.
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:27 pm
Ankerson wrote:

More of this please! I really feel like the distributor did themselves an I justice in the way they photographed this knife. Every picture I see (including these) make the scales look incredible. It just doesn’t look like this on their site. I bet it would sell better if more people knew it looked like this.

And for the record, I like the old school grind.
Thanks,

I got it because it was so unique, makes a nice addition to the collection. :)

This one is so different from the other sprints that have been released before I couldn't pass it up. :spyder:
ferider

Post by ferider »

Brother and Sister:

Cheers to one of the most beautiful knives that Spyderco ever made. I cann't wait to use it.

Roland.
Last edited by ferider on Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Wow! Pictures are not doing this beast justice! I'm going to try to take some better ones today, but I don't know if it will be possible to capture just how great this knife looks in person. The combination of how the light plays off the marbled CF and hollow grind makes for a sensational package. This thing is a work of art. I may have preferred FFG, but from an astetic point of view, they nailed it.

Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Wowzers that’s gorgeous!
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

It was seeing the video of this knife posted earlier in this thread that really sold me. The still photos don't show how beautiful this marbled CF is when in motion, with its dynamic pearly play of light. Still waiting for mine. I am pretty sure it is on a ship now making its way through the Panama Canal. Or it might even show up today. No matter, I have enough other knives to be able to survive until it shows up.