Serrated Native 5 question

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
tonijedi

Re: Serrated Native 5 question

Post by tonijedi »

The DLC Native 5 SE was the knife I had in my pocket when my son was born. Although it's still in the cupboard next to the other EDCable folders I don't use it anymore as I've decided I'll give it to my son when the proper age comes.
Waiting for the native salt to come out so I can have a Native back in my EDC possibilities.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

I cut a lot of cardboard with it until it wouldn’t cleanly cut paper any more. Took a while. It is a fine slicer. Took a bit longer to sharpen than H1, but has a real sticky sharp edge right now. The finish holds up very well, I might add. It has character, but isn’t worn out anywhere. Nice knife. Thanks, Sal, Eric, and company. :)
- best wishes, Jazz.
Kels73

Post by Kels73 »

I love my Native 5 and have been eyeing the fully serrated version for a while. I'd love to see the Manix 2 LW with a fully serrated blade too.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Kels73 wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:18 pm
I love my Native 5 and have been eyeing the fully serrated version for a while. I'd love to see the Manix 2 LW with a fully serrated blade too.

If you like serrations, I’d go for it.
- best wishes, Jazz.
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

I use mine for boxes, rope, nylon webbing, metal welding rod cans. You know just average edc cutting task. It slices cardboard well because usually a large scallop will catch and just cut it. The ffg helps with that too because it won't snag or bind. The S35VN heat treat is pretty good too. It rolls more than chips and it's easy to sharpen out with ceramics. As far as the knife design. I love it. I bought the 2013 forum native 5 and when I saw the SE lw I knew I needed one. It fits my hand well even though my hands are pretty large. I like that it's ambidextrous with the backlock. The newly designed backlock is a great design too. Takes away the up and down play/lock rock most lockbacks have. Highly recommend this knife.

Also here's a fun picture showing the inner workings.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Thanks for your input, and the very cool pic, VashHash.
- best wishes, Jazz.