Rookie Model ?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
acguy

Rookie Model ?

Post by acguy »

About a year ago I was visiting with my freindly neighborhood knife shop propietor. The summer before purchased a Endura II from him. Admitedly it is a nice and functional knife, but it is too large to comfortably carry clipped inside my pocket. We were discussing this little issue. He looked up and said wait here. He came up with what he called a Rookie Model. It appears in nearly all aspects to be a minature Police Model. There wasn't much accompanying info or literature in the box. Anywho, I would like to know if this knife is still available. It is the perfect clip knife especially for carrying clipped inside my jeans pocket. It is also legal to carry in this fashion. I have been advised that carrying a police model like this could get some of my more dear constitutional rights suspended or revoked. This is supposedly due to it restricted blade length making it a concealed weapon if it happens to be out of sight. If it were not for this tiny flaw in the Piolice Models design it would be the perfect clip knife.

As it stands th "Rookie Model " has this honor in my obviously biased opinion.

I would like to have another if they are still in production. There doesn't seem to be any reference to this paticular model in the current products catalog. as a matter of fact I have only seen one other period.