Recommendations for new EDC

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MottlyHuy

Recommendations for new EDC

Post by MottlyHuy »

The Safest Ways for Teenagers to Lose Weight

Overweight is one of the most well-known issues nowadays. Obesity appears at almost any stage, from children to over 60-aged adults. There's a number of approaches to eliminate weight, and every one of them is appropriate for each kind of people. Adults will be much easier to choose weight loss pills if it's essential. If you are an adult, you can read more about the article what are the best women’s weight loss pills? if you intend to buy a item. But if you are a teenager, you ought to follow and try these ways.

Weight loss is essential for health

How can teenagers shed weight safely?
1. Avoid skipping meals
Skipping meals is not a good way to Get Rid of weight, Especially breakfast. To ensure that you still have enough power for all day, you must eat tiny portions every 3 to 5 4. So, there should be five meals daily to maintain the blood sugar level steady.

2. Drink Lots of fluids
It does not mean aerated beverages, sodas, and juices. Your body needs water to hydrate and eliminate toxins. People today need a minimum of three liters of water each and every single day. Anyway, other choices for you are unsweetened fruits juices along with low-fat dairy. Green tea must be among the which has a small amount each day to gradually shed weight.

3. Replace your gum with mint
Chewing gum can help in burning off calories but isn't Good on your stomach. Instead of that, you ought to suck a mint to keep appetite.

4. Do not eat anything after 8 p.m
The guidance is to complete your supper by 8 a.m.. A cup Of milk or tea are what you're able to take after dinner. And then, you should not eat some other candies, especially anything at night.

5. Give snacks up and processed foods
Teens enjoy snack such as chips, cakes, fries, Sausages, and snacks, etc.. But they're all unhealthy when generating more fat and sugar in blood. Eating too much can cause high cholesterol level. Teenagers need to have a habit of eating milk which may boost metabolism.

6. Avoid fad diets
Fad diets are not a good idea for a long-term basis. Many fad diets aid to lose weight fast but trigger the nutritional deficiency and lots of health dangers. While teenagers' body needs an adequate supply of nutrients for development.

7. Don't follow low carb diets
There's no research demonstrating the efficacy of it While many scientists assert it's unhealthy. After it which means you've got to give up the majority of the food groups. In doing so, your body can't get the ability to do the job.

8. Exercise regularly
Doing exercises have to be part of the everyday routine. Physical activity is essential for a healthy body and a healthy mind. There are various exercises you can follow such as lifting weights, swimming or running but just in three or four times each week. Besides, dancing can be a excellent option once it operates on muscles.

9. Walk every day
Everyone thinks that walking burns calories. Yes, it Is the fact but be unwilling to walk at a brisk pace. With each minute of walking, then your body can burn off 6 calories.

The secure way for teens to lose Weight

Diet tips to drop weight fast for teenagers
Teenagers would be the age of growing. Therefore, with Any weight loss program, they still must ensure the nutrition and supply enough energy to the body. Diet can be applied but don't forget some food groups below.
  • High Fiber meals - help keep you full for more and less sense hungry
  • Calcium-rich Foods -- good for bone growth and bone density instead of adsorbing fat
  • High Iron foods necessary in the delivery of oxygen to the tissues and development of the brain and immune function.
  • Fruits And vegetables -- a supply of essential vitamins and minerals for the rise of the teen body. Five servings of fruits and vegetables daily will be helpful for health.
  • Fluids - drinking water helps to metabolize, move nourishment, and burn fat . So, if you cannot take enough water, your system cannot remove the fat.
Weight loss pills to Teens
In some cases, natural ways Can't lose weight as folks want in case their Obesity problems are severe. So, weight loss pills are occasionally required for teenagers. But unlike adults, teens need to carefully choose drugs since their entire body is sensitive. Their health can be easily influenced by the ingredients in those products. It's possible to view more to refer several the most powerful weight loss pills.

See my guide: https://www.quora.com/profile/Mitcheal- ... ls-for-Men

On the other hand, many Folks Believe that teens shouldn't ever take diet pills. They fret about the possibility of overdose and abuse. Many pills contain dangerous ingredients which can lead to the death if a person takes a lot. While that, teens mean to eat diet pills over the standard. Moreover, they may rely on drugs and overlook the fantastic eating habits.

Side effects of weight loss pills
However, why many teens still use drugs and lose the weight they want? The main thing is that they are alert to their health when taking pills. Using it is not completely awful, but the way we use will decide how effectively it operates. Visiting physicians to find ideas and prescription is required. Teens should utilize diet pills together with the guideline of the doctor instead of doing themselves. You will find the side effects of weight loss pills, that they must take into account before opting to buy avoid the unwanted result. There are some weight loss pills that have little to no side effects for teens, and that means that you are able to refer to choose.
  • Xenical - stop the fat absorption from the blood. But only seriously obese teenagers should use.
  • PhenTabzteen - act as the metabolism booster and appetite suppressant.
  • Natural Green Tea Extract - promote metabolism
  • Natural Hoodia Gordonii Appetite Suppressant - sugar and also make we feel full quicker
They're the ways and notices for teenagers to Use when slimming down. Obesity in that age is sometimes simpler but occasionally More complicated to resolve instead of adults, so we need to take care of it.
Last edited by MottlyHuy on Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daveho

Re: Recommendations for new EDC

Post by Daveho »

What do you actually use your knife for day to day?
The knives mentioned are quite different
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Three very different knives, particularly the Yojimbo (assuming you mean the Yo 2). The Yojimbo will obviously excel at self defense but will be less versatile than the other blades that have a belly. Between the PM2 and Manix 2 I would have to give the Manix 2 a slight advantage in self defense due to the shallower belly and lower blade tip, it will perform more like a wharnie in slashing cuts than the PM2 will, and it has enough belly to be versatile enough for general EDC. Personally I prioritize EDC uses over self defense just because the likelihood that I'll use it for self defense is less than what I'll use it for EDC, and if I'm familiar enough with the knife and I can draw and open it second nature it will get the job done one way or another in self defense even if it's a Dragonfly.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I'd go with the Manix 2 because the ergonomics are best for me for EDC. I know a lot of people prefer the PM2 for similar reasons though.

Do you have an opportunity to actually handle them in a store, to see what fits you best? The PM2 and M2 are both popular enough that you should be able find them in a big outdoors store.
benben

Post by benben »

Honestly you'll be happy with either of the three, I think the P2 and the M2 make better EDC knives. I just bought a Yojimbo 2, I have no idea why I waited so long, it is absolutely an awesome knife in it's function and design, and the Golden plant got this one perfect! Having said that, if I had to choose one, it would *probably* be a Manix 2 in S110V.

I have a LW Manix in S110V, it probably gets carried 5 days a week, I have medium sized hands but it still fits me as good as my Natives do. Check out the G-10 Manix lockback while you're looking also!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Without really knowing what scope of different sharpening jobs you would encounter on a normal day I'm going to sort of play it safe with a conservative recommendation>> however even though this model is somewhat conservative in either edge type it still stands out in both edge types.

I'm speaking of a GOLDEN, CO made NATIVE model. And it's one model I like just as much as I do in either edge type ( SE & PE).

Or to be just a bit more exotic if you could somehow find an older ZDP-189 Delica that would be a great EDC folder for a wide array of different cutting chores.
zhyla

Post by zhyla »

Hard to go wrong with PM2 or Manix2. I would avoid Yojimbo, I think it’s more fad than practical. There’s also the Shaman in that class of large folders.

Don’t pass by the recent Chaparral LW. It’s a great EDC if you don’t need something stout like the Manix.
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Unless you are seriously trained in open hand and or knife self defense, I would say that a Delica, Chaparral or Para 3 would serve in the unlikely event of having to resort to a knife.

If you are SD concerned, a good 9 mm is a useful tool.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

MichaelScott wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:14 pm
If you are SD concerned, a good 9 mm is a useful tool.
While I agree that 9 is fine(and that's my chosen tool for SD too) some people (which I'm guessing includes the original poster) are unfortunate enough to live in jurisdictions that don't allow them to make that choice.

I never want to be in a situation where a knife is necessary for SD. In that case, my plan is "run away!". There's no way I have even a fraction of the training necessary to use a knife for SD.
rgrad80

Post by rgrad80 »

The PM2 “feels” narrow in my pocket, but the Manix 2 “feels” stronger and beefier. I love them both and agree that it’s a good idea to get both of them in your hands...or just save a bunch of time/energy and buy both:)
Days without buying a Spyderco: 35

You always have a choice.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Get the Yo2, it's just badazz and you'll love it :D
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

i’ll always recommend the manix 2, especially in lw, for edc. it’s plenty robust and it fits so nicely in the hand. the blade shape is great for edc and the thumb ramp is much less pronounced than some other popular models like the pm2 (that doesnt really matter to me, but i know it does for some).

i was able to go to golden last year and hold most of the spyderco models in my hand. although i love my manix, i was kind of hoping to like something more so i could bring home a souvenir knife. some others were close, but nothing convinced me i needed it. the shaman was almost as comfortable in hand, but not quite. the pm2 was close, but the handle just didn’t fill my hand the same way as the manix and felt less secure. i get why these are popular, but they couldn’t dethrone my manix.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C36MCW2, C258YL, C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
H2, CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

I own none of the three above, but own and carry the 710 very often and I'd say that you'd be better served with a PM or Yo2 if you value the slim, unobtrusive carry profile of the 710 a lot

It's a really sleek, "small" (for the blade length) and not wide/ample so it carries discreetly and occupies little pocket space, almost the opposite of Spyderco folders (due to the hole, that increases width) :o

The Manix will have a more similar lock type (Axis/CBBL) but will be double width and the blade is much more different to it, it is a big "pocket hog" :rolleyes:

But you can't go wrong with any of them, especially for EDC (PM2 and Manix on top), and all would double just fine as defensive tools relatively long for a folder, pointy, sharp, strong lock, solid construction and ease of deployment) :cool:
benisben25

Post by benisben25 »

I’m gonna take a lot of **** for this one... but give the combo edge PM2 with 52100 steel a try. It’s light, it’s sharp as a mother, and it honestly is the best of both worlds. And the carbon fiber is just plain gorgeous with no loss of traction.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I have this to say about your choices and then something to add. First, you cannot go wrong with the PM2 or the M2. Of those, my personal preference is the M2 for the reasons Ladybug93 mentioned. It fits my hand better. I also like the lock better and it has a bias to close and relies on a spring to keep it that way in your pocket, not a detent. This is not to say the PM2 is bad. I have one. It is just that hands down I prefer the M2.

Let me add this to your list. If it were me, I would look at the M2 back lock as it has an ever stronger bias to close and an even stronger lock. It is linerless G10 and really solid. I would also look at the M2 light weights. The knife is big, strong, and weight very little. I carry one everyday around here.

Also, because you used to have a 710, I would look at the Police 4. The steel is fantastic. It is not stainless, however. The design is so slender most people like it over the 710.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050