Para 3 with CTS 204P River's Edge - New Shipment

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
CXXX

Re: Para 3 with CTS 204P River's Edge - New Shipment

Post by CXXX »

Mark them up 14% ($159.95) to cover costs and put them on the auction site to be done with this.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

rgrad80 wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:59 am
What a ****** company. I'm done wasting time on their awful website. Will not purchase from them ever. complete failure. I have an adult job, so I don't have time to refresh every 5 minutes...and than have the site crash again:) Good luck to the diehards.
Relax! It's not the end of the world.

I decided I might want one of these. I was on their site at about 11:40 CT. Hit the refresh button a couple times to see if I'd get lucky. Had to get back to work and, wouldn't you know it, they released some a couple minutes later. I'll try again another time but not expecting to get one. No big deal.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Cujobob

Post by Cujobob »

I prefer their site to some others, honestly. There's no easy way to release a product when the demand is this high, someone is always going to feel left out.
BigGrove

Post by BigGrove »

While these random mini-drops are a total PITA for the customer, REC had to pick a way to distribute these so it is what it is. Unfortunately as already demonstrated here, this method is going to result in unhappiness for a variety of reasons. I'm very glad I got one when it first dropped. My only regret is I didn't order two!

With hindsight being 20/20, it would have been better for REC to wait for the full order to come in and drop it all at once in August as originally planned.
fatsubie

Post by fatsubie »

The way that they chose to do wastes people time. You need to monitor it all the times or you miss it.
rgrad80

Post by rgrad80 »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:14 am
rgrad80 wrote:
What a ****** company. I'm done wasting time on their awful website. Will not purchase from them ever. complete failure. I have an adult job, so I don't have time to refresh every 5 minutes...and than have the site crash again:) Good luck to the diehards.

I decided I might want one of these. I was on their site at about 11:40 CT. Hit the refresh button a couple times to see if I'd get lucky. Had to get back to work and, wouldn't you know it, they released some a couple minutes later. I'll try again another time but not expecting to get one. No big deal.
Sharp Guy,

You are correct, I just read my post again...and I'm being a child...a 40 year old man baby in fact. I have no idea what it's like to try and own a knife store, let alone try and sell a product that is in soo high demand that it crashes a site. if my old man was around to read my post...he would kick my butt:) I spend a few minutes on Rivers Edge site, and it's actually a well designed site with a good variety of products.
Days without buying a Spyderco: 35

You always have a choice.
CXXX

Post by CXXX »

Now ALL Sold?? How can that be possible when they were going to be released in 5 batches over the next 3 days?? I refreshed for the last 2 hours and never saw any in stock??
BigGrove

Post by BigGrove »

rgrad80 wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:14 pm
Sharp Guy wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:14 am
rgrad80 wrote:

Sharp Guy,

You are correct, I just read my post again...and I'm being a child...a 40 year old man baby in fact. I have no idea what it's like to try and own a knife store, let alone try and sell a product that is in soo high demand that it crashes a site. if my old man was around to read my post...he would kick my butt:) I spend a few minutes on Rivers Edge site, and it's actually a well designed site with a good variety of products.
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

"Product Details
OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

WE ARE SOLD OUT OF THIS KNIFE. THERE WILL NOT BE ANY MORE AVAILABLE, YOU CAN STOP REFRESHING THE PAGE, WE DO NOT WANT YOU TO WASTE ANY MORE OF YOUR VALUABLE TIME."
PLEASE READ BELOW:

To Our Valued Customers,

Any of you who has done business with us before knows who we are, what we are about and how we run our business. We always try to be fair, honest and treat people the way we would want to be treated as a valuable customer.

This Exclusive that we came up with Spyderco has literally put us on the map and has made us feel what it feels like to run with the “big boys”. Please remember, we are a small mom and pop shop. We only have 4 full time employees who run this business. We try to do everything we do to the best of our abilities and we always try to take care of our customers. That being said, we found out the hard way that our simple website is not able to handle “Big, Fast E-Commerce” On any other product , on any other day our website works perfectly, this one item in particular, due to its insane popularity has brought up some issues.

To be completely transparent, Besides our big site crash yesterday, our site also has an issue where there is about a 2-4 minute lag from when a sale happens online to when the item is removed from inventory. So when I put a small batch in stock, we sold almost every one we had in a few minutes. Luckily, we yanked it off the site before we oversold what we physically have. This whole process has been a nightmare and we hope to have a new system in place for the next big exclusive we do. Thank you to all who understand, for those who don't, this is not the way normal transactions with us take place. They are normally fast, easy, smooth and handled with the utmost respect and gratitude. You can ask any of the many happy customers we have out there. We hope you all will give us another chance in the future.

For those who got an order through, congrats. You will get a shipping confirmation soon.

:(
Last edited by legOFwhat? on Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
Lorelei

Post by Lorelei »

They're out for good. Announcement up on their website. I wanted this to be my first PM3, because I've messed around with my husband's PM3s and like the way that they feel in my hand.

No worries though. There's so many to choose from!
Cali HogHead

Post by Cali HogHead »

Money saved I guess. Luckily there is no shortage of awesome releases on the horizon.
BigGrove

Post by BigGrove »

And the cluster that was this drop is over...
Foolish Mortal

Post by Foolish Mortal »

Lorelei wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:24 pm
They're out for good. Announcement up on their website. I wanted this to be my first PM3, because I've messed around with my husband's PM3s and like the way that they feel in my hand.

You missed out on a truly ugly knife, sweetie. On the other hand, you could always trade your PM2 REX for one, since you haven't even unboxed it yet. :rolleyes:
legOFwhat?

Post by legOFwhat? »

Probably should remove it from the banner on the front page of the site...I wanted one but I'm over it. C'est la vie
-Larry
Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”
MNOSD #0049
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

Good for them. I was initially interested in this one, but after thinking it over, the colors just weren't for me. I'm glad they were able to sell out of them. At least they won't have to deal with unsold stock languishing for months and months. I'm curious to see what their next exclusive will be.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
allhatnocattle

Post by allhatnocattle »

People are bound to be angry as is their right. I didnt participate in these shenanigans and I’m sure the folks at rivers edge are a fine bunch to deal with.However the constant shift in strategy is what is driving people over the edge. Advertise then oversell, the website technical issues aside,picking a date then abandoning the date, then formulating a batch sale with random release and then overselling that. Apologizing to customers is only the beginning....
BigGrove

Post by BigGrove »

I'll do business with REC in the future, I've had nothing but good interactions with them. Let's be realistic here, they could just as easily had a slow-seller like the Delica exclusive at St. Nick's Knives. It isn't always easy or obvious to know what the market will go bonkers for.
Soulrack

Post by Soulrack »

Brutal experience. I'm not angry at REC at all though.
Lorelei

Post by Lorelei »

Foolish Mortal wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:28 pm
Lorelei wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:24 pm

You missed out on a truly ugly knife, sweetie. On the other hand, you could always trade your PM2 REX for one, since you haven't even unboxed it yet. :rolleyes:
:)
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

BigGrove wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:44 pm
I'll do business with REC in the future, I've had nothing but good interactions with them. Let's be realistic here, they could just as easily had a slow-seller like the Delica exclusive at St. Nick's Knives. It isn't always easy or obvious to know what the market will go bonkers for.

When this first dropped I thought this would be a slow seller. I mean the M390 Para 3 at BBS has been around for months, and still is. People were saying how ugly the color of the REC Para 3 was, etc, etc. But all of a sudden it got hit with hype out of nowhere and became the must have piece. On the other hand you have the St Nick's Delica, which I still think is one of the best looking exclusives ever done, and it is sitting around.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red