Best edge for S90V?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Bloke

Re: Best edge for S90V?

Post by Bloke »

I’m not a photographer’s boot lace but this is my Sprig finished on 400grit SiC at around 28deg and micro beveled at 40deg on medium SharpMaker rods.

The edge is no great push cutter but it bites into face stubble and sticks like glue and easily bites cigarette paper in a slice.

As you can likely see some of the cuts are a little ragged but this thing flies through fish I fillet and seldom requires a touch up. :)

A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Crux

Re: Best edge for S90V?

Post by Crux »

Ruudr wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:35 pm
Quick question; What is the best (working) edge for S90V? I have the Para3 in S90V and I use it for every day tasks. The thing is that I have a polished edge on it sharpened with the Wicked Edge (stropped up to .5 micron) but I find it not that sharp.
I’ve sharpened thousends of knives. I don’t know what it is but I find S90V is a strange steel to sharpen.
I have found that the VERY best edge for s90v is one that can be characterized or even agreed upon, but the majority of concerned people that have not only spend years studying this topic but have traveled to war zones around the world in the hopes of gaining insight into what does or does not constitute what would be the best edge for CPM s90v steel. The answer is more of a question, and while many have struggled to solve this mystery, all have perished, their bleached bones scatter a 100 islands. The conclusion of multi-national researchers and world renown Scientists is that despite a lot of "fake news", the conclusion represents facts and data verified by the United Nations. We can safety report that the s90v blade is best sharp.
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek: