Spyderco Mules

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
cutraleufu

Re: Spyderco Mules

Post by cutraleufu »

Hi Guys,
I had heard about mules and always thought they were "test" blades with different shapes and styles but didn't know they all came out the same only with different steels.
Could anyone please tell me what the dimensions are on these blades? How long are they and how long is the cutting edge?
Thanks,

L
Nate

Post by Nate »

cutraleufu wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:03 am
Hi Guys,
I had heard about mules and always thought they were "test" blades with different shapes and styles but didn't know they all came out the same only with different steels.
Could anyone please tell me what the dimensions are on these blades? How long are they and how long is the cutting edge?
Thanks,

L

Hi, here are the specs from one of the product listings:

TECHNICAL SPECS

Overall Length 7.69" (195 mm)
Blade Length 3.52" (89 mm)
Edge Length 3.42" (87 mm)
Weight 2.8 oz (79 mm)
Blade Thickness 0.118" (3.0 mm)

https://www.spyderco.com/?s=Mule+team
:spyder:
Lorelei

Post by Lorelei »

Crux wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:54 pm
I do want to do a shout out to a long time collector that managed to collect every Mule ever issued. As a collector I admire him and his amazing feat. Sadly, like all collectors we often need to move on, free up space or even because we could use a few extra shillings. I won't name him but I think many of you know him. I too have shattered my collections and maybe knives will be my last bastion. That or I marry some Hollywood model and live my last days in a castle surrounded by virgins.

Sounds great, but how are you going to find out about the latest Para 3 or Mule? I can testify that you will NOT get that info from that demographic.

Virgins are great but a Para 3 is forever. YES like a FRIGGING diamond, okay? I am saying that the Para 3 is better than sex and better than oxygen. Ok, not O2 I was thinking cow farts to be honest, but STILL better than a diamond.
I'm catching a contact buzz from reading this.
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

Cscottsss wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:48 am
Extra330SC wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:54 pm
I've been into EDC sized fixed blades for horizontal belt carry the last few months. I picked up a Bradford guardian 3, Ruike 815, and the Blade HQ Skyline fixed S30V exclusive with carbon fiber scales. I really like the size and versatility of a smaller fixed blade.

Well...then I stumbled across the Spyderco Mule and read , watched, and absorbed as much info as possible on the whole program. I ordered the A11 and 20CV versions with both 3D and Ultra slim Halpern scales. The nice lady at Sheathpro made me a quality sheath (seems to be the same material as spyderco sells ) for the flat scales to go along with the 3D contoured sheath I got off spydercos website when I bought the blanks.

The Mules are fantastic for every day carry IMHO and a bargain to say the least. I'm looking forward to getting the revamped Mule that Spyderco comes up with as a replacement.

James
Kind of of topic but I'd like to start carrying a small fixed blade on some days too, I've kind of narrowed it down to the Bradford Guardian 3 or a Mule. I want something discreet and small. I know this forum might be a little bias for good reason but which would you choose in the end?
The bradford guardian is a very small knife that really needs to be used with the forward finger choil (designed that way). That being said it is very comfortable and I have XL sized hands. The leather sheath (when carried horizontally on belt in front of waist) holds the knife great and you can't see the knife under your shirt.

The mule with both the 3D contoured and ultra slim Halpern scales has more a of traditional full handle grip. It's a larger knife that feels great and has good cutting geometry for what it is IMHO. With the horizontal sheath that shealth pro made for belt carry...the knife is BARELY visible under my shirt! The ultra slim scales are better for this carry option. I have the 3D contoured scaled mule in a standard vertical carry configuration with similar shealth. Both are fantastic knives in top notch steel....hope this helps!

James
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Cutraleufu,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Calicoast

Post by Calicoast »

[/quote]

Kind of of topic but I'd like to start carrying a small fixed blade on some days too, I've kind of narrowed it down to the Bradford Guardian 3 or a Mule. I want something discreet and small. I know this forum might be a little bias for good reason but which would you choose in the end?
[/quote]

Hello,
I would start with the MT26 / A11.
Since it's still available. :)
Crux

Post by Crux »

I can't carry fixed knives (State Law) unless they are visible and I don't need my neighbors more worried about my sanity as they already are. :)
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
Crux

Post by Crux »

Bloke wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:13 am
Crux wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:54 pm
I do want to do a shout out to a long time collector that managed to collect every Mule ever issued. As a collector I admire him and his amazing feat. Sadly, like all collectors we often need to move on, free up space or even because we could use a few extra shillings. I won't name him but I think many of you know him. I too have shattered my collections and maybe knives will be my last bastion. That or I marry some Hollywood model and live my last days in a castle surrounded by virgins.

Sounds great, but how are you going to find out about the latest Para 3 or Mule? I can testify that you will NOT get that info from that demographic.

Virgins are great but a Para 3 is forever. YES like a FRIGGING diamond, okay? I am saying that the Para 3 is better than sex and better than oxygen. Ok, not O2 I was thinking cow farts to be honest, but STILL better than a diamond.
You know what I'm talking about. :)
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek: