Blade West questions

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Candyman

Blade West questions

Post by Candyman »

So I’m considering making the trip to Blade West this year and was wondering about a few things.
1. Are there “go to” hotels out there that are close to the show?

2. Will there be a pit area similar to the one in Atlanta to hang out with everyone after the show.

Also, anything else I should know about the area that might help me on my journey?

Thanks, Rich
Think for yourself
RadioactiveSpyder

Re: Blade West questions

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Rich, you better be coming to Blade Show West, we need you to rent a big suite for the after party! :D My wife probably wouldn’t be too pleased if I offered to host one at my house (plus I’m about a 20 min drive south of the convention center).

Tons of great hotels to pick from in the area, many within walking distance (although I hate to say it, watch out for the homeless folks - they are oddly really confrontational compared to other cities I’ve lived in). Can’t speak to whether there’ll be a pit area there, but I would probably assume yes.

Cheers and I’m excited to meet fellow Spydernuts coming in for the show!! I’ll of course have all my fun packs with me with all my goodies! :D Radioactive :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Deadboxhero

Post by Deadboxhero »

See ya guys there
Big Brown Bear
https://www.youtube.com/user/shawnhouston
Triple B Handmade Knives
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:34 am
Rich, you better be coming to Blade Show West, we need you to rent a big suite for the after party! :D My wife probably wouldn’t be too pleased if I offered to host one at my house (plus I’m about a 20 min drive south of the convention center).

Tons of great hotels to pick from in the area, many within walking distance (although I hate to say it, watch out for the homeless folks - they are oddly really confrontational compared to other cities I’ve lived in). Can’t speak to whether there’ll be a pit area there, but I would probably assume yes.

Cheers and I’m excited to meet fellow Spydernuts coming in for the show!! I’ll of course have all my fun packs with me with all my goodies! :D Radioactive :)

Hahahaha, glad I’m gonna get to see you buddy! So I’m staying at the Courtyard Portland Downtown Convention Center. Hoping it’s nice cause I’m just winging it and hoping for the best. Thanks for the info! Any good seafood places out there or just restaurants in general ?

Rich
Think for yourself
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

Deadboxhero wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:27 pm
See ya guys there
Sounds good man! Are you flying out there or are you local?

Rich
Think for yourself
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

I am going to do everything or whatever it takes to come to this one! I have no excuses this time! Plus I believe it is right around my birthday too.. I can’t wait!

Edit: just bought two tickets for me and my dad, so yes I will Be their on Saturday! I will be staying at my sisters house, she lives in Beaverton. Would be nice to meet anyone who goes, and maybe grab some fine Portland brews!!
Josh