Collaboration

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
discipline

Re: Collaboration

Post by discipline »

Jason Guthrie collab would be interesting I think. Some version of the Ranger maybe.
gundamaniac

Post by gundamaniac »

MacLaren wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:06 pm
I would love to see a collaboration of Spyderco and Rick Hinderer.
That is all. Thank you :D :D :D :spyder: :spyder:
Ooo. You have my attention. :D
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

gundamaniac wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:19 am
MacLaren wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:06 pm
I would love to see a collaboration of Spyderco and Rick Hinderer.
That is all. Thank you :D :D :D :spyder: :spyder:
Ooo. You have my attention. :D
Lol, I hear ya buddy.
An XM-24 Wharnie in CTS-204P would be a dandy I do believe. :D
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

I'm a big fan of the ethnic series, so I'd like to see more collaborations in that direction. Maybe an updated Kris?
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

If going the Ethnic route, I would be all about the Nilakka.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Another great collaboration I would like to see either repeated or for the two entities to create a new blade. The J.D. Smith model has also been one of my long time favorites. Few other collaborations have been as timeless as the J. D. Smith. It would be extremely interesting to see what else Spyderco and Mr. Smith could come up with.

I want to mention Massad Ayoob again because his collaboration with the C-60 model has a cult following like few other Spyderco models have. Its ergonomic features also have little or no competition IMO. I would love to see another folder and a fixed blade both from this long time genius designer.

There are so many of Spyderco's old school collaboration models that would do well in a repeat Sprint Run or have them do a new design and submit it.
supracor

Post by supracor »

RJ Martin has already been said?

A XHP RJ Martin/Spyderco collaboration would be something superduper.

Or a copy of a Brend bowie.
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

In 1988 at the Guild Show, Sal offered to collaborate with Bob Terzuola, the father of the tactical folder. In 1990, the result was the first collaboration in the industry between a custom knife designer and a manufacturer, and the first knife produced by the Company in the United States, the C15. Not a combat knife but a utility knife, it was available in PE or CE and also as a slightly smaller C19.

My understanding is that it was the first production liner lock using the Walker Linerlock with the detent ball, and the first Clipit that had additional clip holes provided near the tip for the option of tip up carry. Initially equipped with aluminum scales, a later generation would be the first Spyderco knife with G10 scales.

Later, they would collaborate again on the tactical Starmate C55.

2020 would be the 30th anniversary of the C15, a landmark knife for the Company worthy of reproduction.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:12 am
If going the Ethnic route, I would be all about the Nilakka.
I really like that Lil Nilakka if it hadn't been for that big knee operation I had I would have had the $$ to get one. I'm hoping I can snag one before the year is up. Of all the little Spyderco models of late it's about the best I've seen in quite a while.

Oh how I would love to see the Dodo >> even though it was an IN HOUSE collaboration ( Eric Glesser :cool: ) But I still count it as one.