What's the best Spyderco that doesn't exist?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JD Spydo

Re: What's the best Spyderco that doesn't exist?

Post by JD Spydo »

OK I've been doing a lot of deep thinking about this one. "The Best Spyder That Doesn't Exist" Well I'm sorry because I just can't narrow it down to only one blade. The Following would qualify>> A C-60 Ayoob in SE, A G-10 Harpy, A Southfork in SE, and a C-111 Captain in SE. OH It's also high time for another C-36 Military in SE too.
RobDigi

Post by RobDigi »

Spyderco made Para Military 2 Titanium..compression lock!!
Would be pretty hard to beat.
Never understood why this hasn't been done.
Last edited by RobDigi on Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
gull wing

Post by gull wing »

Sage 5 in CTS XHP, or CPM 20CV, or Bohler M390.
SCARAMOUCHE! :bug-red-white
Strider

Post by Strider »

best ideas I have seen so far are the Slysz Swayback and SE Caly 3.
KnickKnackCity

Post by KnickKnackCity »

Knifeworks dealer exclusive 52100 SE Superhawk C116. DLC blade and the same gray G10 used on their Manix run.
Long live Phi Zetta Rippo
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

KnickKnackCity wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:51 pm
Knifeworks dealer exclusive 52100 SE Superhawk C116. DLC blade and the same gray G10 used on their Manix run.
Long live Phi Zetta Rippo
Well that's one member for the "Phi Zetta Rippo" Hawkbill fraternity :D The basic requirement is that you have to at least own one serious Hawkbill model. IT can be a non-Spyderco but preferrably A Spyderco Hawkbill would be much better for obvious reasons. This will be a good way to spread the news about these most misunderstood blades.

And KKC I'll join you in that attempt to resurrect the fallen SUPERHAWK model which truly never got a fair chance simply because they never offered it in Spyderedge. I've heard good things about 52100 blade steel even though I'm not all that big of a high carbon steel fan per se but what the heck maybe a Hawkbill might really perform better than expected with an old, really admired steel like 52100. I remember the guy that wrote those great articles for Tactical Knives magazine in the "Steel Bin" section of the magazine. He was always bragging about how good 52100 blade steel was if heat treated properly.

A deluxe, Excalibur version of the SUPERHAWK really makes great sense to me as well. This could be a way to launch a series of high grade Hawkbill blades.
TCnML

Post by TCnML »

A readily available PM2 in M390
KnickKnackCity

Post by KnickKnackCity »

JD. I will let you do us the honors of starting the official Phi Zetta Rippo (ΦΖR) thread. I'll submit my requirements for counsel approval there. ;) :D

If we cant get this KW Superhawk off the ground I am going to start seriously start looking on the secondary. Those ergos look like an absolute pleasure in-hand, can you confirm? Seems like Spyderco made the right choice on such a secure grip to maximize control during the hawks pull cuts.
Last edited by KnickKnackCity on Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T-1000

Post by T-1000 »

Military with a compression lock.
Mike51772

Post by Mike51772 »

Shaman in M390. That would be awesome!
cptdean

Post by cptdean »

Full-size Military in M390 with a compression lock. Please and thank you!
Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes by itself.

Dragonfly 2
, Para Military 2, Native 5 Lightweight, Chaparral Lightweight, Para 3
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

7" Phil Wilson fillet, S110v, not too much flex, natural canvas micarta, thin stock and thin behind the edge.
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

A Dagger

The last bayonet charge was during the Korean War with M1 Garands. The Army even discontinued bayonet training for a time in the 1980s, but has since renewed it.

Though I never served in Vietnam, I am a veteran of the Vietnam Era. The M16 was not known for its bayonet. Some models of the "Black Rifle" were configured in such a way that a bayonet could not be attached, even though they had bayonet lugs.

And so, for many troops headed in country, a fighting knife was considered an important bit of kit, important enough that they spent their own money. The Gerber Mark II, available at the Post Exchange, was a popular choice.

The Mark II was Gerber's version of the Fairbairn-Sykes, Applegate-Fairbairn fighting knives. Originally plain edge on both sides, the company became troubled by the optics, added partial, small serrations on both edges and began calling it a utility knife.

Recommend a fixed-blade, double-edged dagger, with or without Spyderedge serrations or partial serrations on one or both edges. A vestigial Spyder hole could be placed in the center of the blade near the hilt. Turn the "bug" to face the point.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
hovan2yourknives

Post by hovan2yourknives »

gull wing wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:29 am
Sage 5 in CTS XHP, or CPM 20CV, or Bohler M390.
I totally agree! Please make any of these with some real carbon fiber scales! This model needs a sprint...