Golden, CO made Wish List?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sumdumguy

Re: Golden, CO made Wish List?

Post by Sumdumguy »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 1:38 pm
knivesandbooks wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 12:47 pm
I would buy a Superhawk anyway they made it. If they make one again, I'm purchasing one.

I would also buy a Renegade if they offered it in a classy handle. Probably carbon fiber. I alwats thought that would make a cool "gentleman's tactical" knife.

I'm also on Team Dodo. Please guys. Please Sal, please Eric.
Haha, great minds think alike. I'll leave it at that for now.
The Renegade is on it's way! I had been watching one for a few days and I snagged it up, it looked like an angry Native. Also have coming a SFSW Delica, m390 PM2 and an old CE Lum Tanto...

Oh and an angry wife.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Please consider this>> we don't necessarily have to petition for models that were previously made in GOLDEN even though that's cool with me because I've always liked GOLDEN made models. I do wish they would seriously consider offering the C-36 Military in full Spyderedge again. I believe that the demand is now there for good sales of full SE GOLDEN made models.

If they were to consider the resurrection of the RENEGADE & BLACKHAWK models I do hope they make them both in SE & PE. I had a RENEGADE in full SE once and it was a great cutter. There is no doubt in my mind that both of those models that were actually born in GOLDEN, CO would do well resurrected in newer/better materials. Both those models were ahead of their time which I believe may have slowed sales>> but I don't believe that is the case anymore. Actually I think you would have trouble finding anyone now who doesn't like both of those.

Also one other note>> most people aren't aware that the very first series of the beloved MEERKAT models were once made at GOLDEN>> I know I used to own 2 GOLDEN made Meerkats. So maybe that would be a consideration.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Serrated H1 in Golden models. A blacked out Native Salt in H1 SE would be an awesome start. They did the H1 Autonomy in Golden, so we know H1 in Golden models isnt impossible. A Military in SE H1 would be incredible.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

attila wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 12:52 pm
2. Lil Manix (CBBL).
I just want this one thing. :)
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

LC200N Dodo. I don't care for the lock, but for the sake of ease, make it a cbbl. If we are talking a redesign, Compression lock Dodo2 in LC200N or S110V would break me. I'd buy 3, just so I always had a spare.

Oh, also any variant of the Chief.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Igi964

Post by Igi964 »

Manix XL S110V. Can't see a reason why its not on sale long time ago.
vivi

Post by vivi »

I'd take a Manix XXL over a smaller version.

Manix XL Sprints would be fun.

Native Chief...be nice to have an ETA. Real excited for it.

Military 2. I could see EDCing the Millie again if it had a self close and tip up. Love everything else about it.
:unicorn
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:00 am
LC200N Dodo. I don't care for the lock, but for the sake of ease, make it a cbbl. If we are talking a redesign, Compression lock Dodo2 in LC200N or S110V would break me. I'd buy 3, just so I always had a spare.

Oh, also any variant of the Chief.
Oh I want to see the Dodo return to the main line up very much so. Also I want to see the return of the Spyderedged version of the Dodo. I had never given much thought to a Salt Series Dodo but I certainly wouldn't object as long as they also offered it in Spyderedge. Now personally I've always like of liked the Ball Bearing Lock on the Dodo model but I would certainly entertain the idea of trying a compression lock. But the Spyderedged Dodo is truly a "lost treasure" just like the original Spyderedged C-60 Ayoob model.

Also I'm still holding out hope for a GOLDEN made Hawkbill at some point.
ejcr98

Post by ejcr98 »

Little Native Compression Lock and Para 3, both in PE LC200N or Vanax, with full rust proof liners and hardware and G-10/CF scales (a la Sage 5).
toxophilus

Post by toxophilus »

Red scaled Manix 2 w/DLC K390 & black hardware

Earth Brown Manix 2 w/M390 or CTS-204 Brown PVD blade & black hardware

Please :spyder:
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Manix2 LW Salt LC200n please. I assume yellow/satin is a given, but I would love to see a blacked out model too. This would be my perfect summer carry. I'm stoked about the Native, but prefer the size and wire clip of the Manix 2 LW.
attila

Post by attila »

abbazaba wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:10 am
Manix2 LW Salt LC200n please. I assume yellow/satin is a given, but I would love to see a blacked out model too. This would be my perfect summer carry. I'm stoked about the Native, but prefer the size and wire clip of the Manix 2 LW.
This would be really awesome!
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

I'd like all golden models to get the salt treatment with lc200n eventually. I'd buy every one.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
polyhexamethyl

Post by polyhexamethyl »

my grail knife, a k390 military
talesk

Post by talesk »

Dodo, burnt orange, rex45?
Haves: Hungarian x5, Firefly x2, Orange Dragonfly 2, Orange Delica 4, Blue Delica 4, Orange Endura 4, Sliverax, Blurple Manix 2 s110v, Burnt Orange Meerkat hap40/sus410, spy dk orange, Pingo orange, Military Fluted Titanium, Lil sub-hilt, para 3 Rex45, friction folder, cricket, techno v1 xhp, spydiechef, slysz bowie, paysan, nirvana, subvert, ikuchi, smock, shaman (4v), shaman (cruwear), drunken, Caribbean (pe sheep)
Wants: parata, kapara
In the mail:
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

A Shaman Sprint or exclusive. K390, M4, 4V or Cruwear would all be great.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Qcrazy

Post by Qcrazy »

All right my lousy 2 cents hitting the table.

Captain LC200N partial serrate, if not, as I sit here fondling a Vrango eying its likeness of the Captain throw LC200N and partial serrate at it. I know it's not a full hand knife and that may prevent hard pull cuts, but it screams for serrations and rust resistant construction.

Other oddities that could use the Golden treatment include the Scorpius and the Salsa. Maybe just scale and steel material changes for the Scorpius. The Salsa can come with either lock that they originally used, upgrade the steel and free reign on CQI and scales.
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

I just want spyderco to do a run on knives (not tenacious family) where they are od green g10 or frn and black blade. You can leave tge steel the same or pick a specific steel for the run or exclusive. Idc. I just want my high end I'd green and black blade.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

talesk wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:16 pm
Dodo, burnt orange, rex45?
Yes a Dodo in one of the supersteels is a great idea and I would go for it 100% if they would do at least 25% of them in Spyderedge. I miss my old original, 2003 era Spyderedged Dodo so badly and I won't rest until I see it return.

And for the other Brother who mentioned the idea of the C-111 Captain model to be done at GOLDEN with LC200N and have the inner arch part done in Spyderedge this go-around would be the bomb!!! I've always been perplexed as to why they never offered the original issue of the C-111 Captain model in Spyderedge especially when the original prototype done by Jason Breeden was in SE :confused: Like the Hawkbills any blade with that much curve is going to be a lot more efficient in Spyderedge without any doubt. But do keep the pendulum end on that Captain in PE because that would truly be the best of both worlds.

Great suggestions so far guys??? >>>> BUT WHAT ABOUT A GOLDEN, CO USA EARTH Hawkbill????!!! EVEN SAL CHIMED IN ON THE THREAD I DID A WHILE BACK. This is a super opportunity to see some new stuff from GOLDEN :cool:
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Sjucaveman wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:54 am
I'd like all golden models to get the salt treatment with lc200n eventually. I'd buy every one.

+1!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red