Golden, CO made Wish List?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JD Spydo

Golden, CO made Wish List?

Post by JD Spydo »

With a lot of talk about Spyderco's GOLDEN made models being discussed a lot here on the Forum in the past few weeks I was thinking about what you all might want to see come from Spyder-Central right here in the USA at the beautiful GOLDEN, Colorado plant. Two of my top desires that I would like to see come to fruition would be to see some type of Hawkbill blade made at GOLDEN. Also with all the current fanfare about the Dodo model I would add that one too>> however I would also like to see a larger sized, bigger scale Dodo model as well. And both to be available in Spyderedge as well.

With some of the nice past models like the SWICK that have recently gained popularity that didn't really sell that well the first go-around might be a good one to resurrect. And what about some of the Golden Oldies ( No Pun Intended :rolleyes: ) like the RENEGADE & BLACKHAWK models which truly got their initial start at the GOLDEN plant which would be really cool with newer/better materials. And you could probably add the Vesuvius model to that list too.

I've also wondered why some of the past/discontinued models that originally were not made at the GOLDEN plant like the IMPALA, OCELOT or any of the Calypso models ( preferably the C-54). But I know you all have your own suggestions to put the guys at the GOLDEN plant working extra hours :D
Sumdumguy

Re: Golden, CO made Wish List?

Post by Sumdumguy »

Dodo...

Oh, also I would love to see a SuperHawk 2 made in Golden. I'm tempted to pick one up just for the comp lock.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Larrin

Post by Larrin »

I lived in Golden for a few years and I can confirm that the fresh mountain air makes the steel better.
http://www.KnifeSteelNerds.com - Steel Metallurgy topics related to knives
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

I'm excited for the waterway
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

I would buy a Superhawk anyway they made it. If they make one again, I'm purchasing one.

I would also buy a Renegade if they offered it in a classy handle. Probably carbon fiber. I alwats thought that would make a cool "gentleman's tactical" knife.

I'm also on Team Dodo. Please guys. Please Sal, please Eric.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
attila

Post by attila »

I just want two things:

1. For Spyderco to try and then sell us knives of Bohler K490.

2. Lil Manix (CBBL).
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Continue the Salt series with all the Golden models, but I would like to see them use H1 for the serrated versions and Lc200N for the plain edge. And translucent dayglow yellow g10 for the g10 models with dlc coated hardware, liners, and blades.

Also would love to see Cruwear become a production steel like they did for S110V.

And introduce 3V and 4V in all of the Golden models as Sprints.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

knivesandbooks wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 12:47 pm
I would buy a Superhawk anyway they made it. If they make one again, I'm purchasing one.

I would also buy a Renegade if they offered it in a classy handle. Probably carbon fiber. I alwats thought that would make a cool "gentleman's tactical" knife.

Haha, great minds think alike. I'll leave it at that for now.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 1:38 pm
knivesandbooks wrote:

Hint?
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 7:24 am
Dodo...

Oh, also I would love to see a SuperHawk 2 made in Golden. I'm tempted to pick one up just for the comp lock.
Right off the bat I got a guy that can read my mind. I've wanted to see a new SUPERHAWK model so bad these past few years but they've got to make one available in Spyderedge this time. Yeah this isn't the first time I've tried to get folks interested in a GOLDEN made Hawkbill.

There are a lot of good recommendations so far and I hope the hierarchy at the Great Spyder Factory is looking on ;)

Maybe even a Spyderedged Hawkbill version of the Swick might be interesting?
allhatnocattle

Post by allhatnocattle »

I very much like the idea of a lil manix and a native 5 fixed blade.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

knivesandbooks wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 2:29 pm
Sumdumguy wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 1:38 pm
knivesandbooks wrote:

Hint?
Can't blow my wad till i know for sure. I'll let you know ;)

-Thomas Jefferson
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Dodo, Lil Manix, and a new hawkbill.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

I'm partial to the Golden backlocks, and as such I'm interested in the backlock manix. I haven't picked up the basic one but something a tad unique would put me over the edge. Smooth scaled and bolstered would do... But I know I'm dreaming on that one.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

knivesandbooks wrote:

Most people that have taken up residence here at Spyderville even in the past 10 years has never gotten the pleasure of seeing or using the RENEGADE model. A spiced up version of the RENEGADE like you said with maybe a CF handle would sure get some serious attention. If my memory serves well I believe it was the RENEGADE & BLACKHAWK models that were Spyderco's first folders with G-10 handles. But a RENEGADE with like a 204P or S110V blade steel and even an upgraded G-10 handle would not last long at all.

And a big high five on the SUPERHAWK and Dodo models as well. And by the way I'm about 95% sure that the GOLDEN plant was the birthplace of the original RENEGADE back in the mid 90s.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

tvenuto wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 6:20 pm
I'm partial to the Golden backlocks, and as such I'm interested in the backlock manix. I haven't picked up the basic one but something a tad unique would put me over the edge. Smooth scaled and bolstered would do... But I know I'm dreaming on that one.
You really need to get this one.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Doesn't anyone else beside me miss the CHINOOK models? Actually I can't even believe they were ever discontinued. The CHINOOK III especially was a tank of a folder.

Going back to the possibility of a GOLDEN made Hawkbill I'm beginning to think that a newly revamped SUPERHAWK made in GOLDEN might just be the ticket.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

I really really wanted to like the new chinook, but the design just doesn’t come together for me. I just know that it’s a tad bigger than needed and the blade shape isn’t terribly useful for EDC. Again I think a lil Ayoob would be much better, and something I’d actually carry. I know the Bowie shape has a purpose, but if a knife isn’t good for EDC its fan base will be limited. That’s the secret behind the staying power of the Yojimbo: it’s a purpose built design that also happens to be great in a utility role.
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

Doc Dan wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 6:06 am

I’ll keep an eye out for a reason to pick one up. At this point I understand my preferences and the Manix and the Caribbean are the ones that interested me from this year’s catalog. As you know, though, it’s always hard to prioritize production models since you know they’ll be around.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

tvenuto wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 11:58 am
Doc Dan wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 6:06 am

I’ll keep an eye out for a reason to pick one up. At this point I understand my preferences and the Manix and the Caribbean are the ones that interested me from this year’s catalog. As you know, though, it’s always hard to prioritize production models since you know they’ll be around.
One of the reasons I like production models over Sprints and Exclusives is that if I buy production models it encourages Spyderco to keep them in production and make more options. Another reason is that I use my knives and if I lose a Sprint or Exclusive I might not be able to replace it, but with a standard production model I might be able to do so. However, you know Spyderco gets rid of production models each year.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050