What stores in western Washington have a good Spyderco selection?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
mjrein

What stores in western Washington have a good Spyderco selection?

Post by mjrein »

Hello friends,
I am looking for the chance to hold a knife before buying it... the dealer locator on the Spyderco website doesn't seem to work. I have large palms, I work my hands very hard, and an old injury that can cause stiffness in cold weather around my pinky knuckle. I need to know that any knife that I buy will fit my hands well.
I live in Gig Harbor and the Sportco in Fife has the best selection that I know of, but it's not that impressive... I am specifically interested i looking at the Spydiechef, and some of the outdoors oriented fixed blades, such as the Sprig and the Proficient. I have not had the opportunity to see any of these in person. What stores carry a larger selection of Spyderco knives? Are there any events near me where there may be a Spyderco booth?

Any suggestions would be well appreciated, Thank you!
sal

Re: What stores in western Washington have a good Spyderco selection?

Post by sal »

Hi Mjrein,

Welcome to our forum.

That is a challenging problem. Most of the brick-n-mortar stores are gone and the few stores that do carry our brand usually do not carry very many models. Especially the more expensive one's. Perhaps some of the visitors here can assist you?

sal
Hopweaver

Post by Hopweaver »

I have XL hands and find the Spyderco Military to be about the perfect knife. For a large knife, it is lightweight and carries small in the pocket. The best place to hold one would be at a gun & knife show. They have them every few months around here and I can usually handle most of the Spyderco models I am interested in trying out.
:bug-red Make time for the important things in life, and learn to enjoy the little things more. :bug-red
blendergasket

Post by blendergasket »

The sportco is the only one I've seen. Sadly they seem to have more benchmades than spydies. I'd love to find one myself! Please post here if you find one!
sal

Post by sal »

Need to be careful at gun shows as that's a major sales channel for counterfeits.

sal
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Haven’t found one over here that had more then two or three models, and they were old models at that. Seem to only be able to find Benchmade dealers over here, their are plenty. I did however find a CRK dealer in Bellevue the other day..
Josh
Sharpie

Post by Sharpie »

If you happen to be heading north over the boarder for any reason, Blades Canada (a.k.a. Warriors & Wonders) in Vancouver has an impressive Spyderco inventory.
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

Sharpie wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 8:55 am
If you happen to be heading north over the boarder for any reason, Blades Canada (a.k.a. Warriors & Wonders) in Vancouver has an impressive Spyderco inventory.
Second this! I picked up my Schempp Rock from W&W last month when we were traveling through Vancouver. As an added bonus, it was closeout priced, and with the exchange rate, this was a good deal.

Great knife, and my first in person Spydie purchase. And it's nice to use it, and remember a great trip with awesome friends!

Can't recommend W&W enough for western Washington.
cheeseheaded

Post by cheeseheaded »

Sportsman's Warehouse and Cabelas carry a few but I doubt the ones you are looking for. A few of the online retailers have pretty good return policies, as long as you don't use the knife before returning it.
Termite Toothpick

Post by Termite Toothpick »

Border patrol agent: what is the nature of your visit?

You: I am here to buy up all of your scary one handed opening knives that your country doesn't like.

Border patrol agent: move along
Dragonfly G-10, Blurple PM2, Para3, Jani-Song, Dragonfly2 ZDP-189, Lil' Native, Chaparral LW, Delica WC HAP40, Para3 M4, HH UKPK S30V, Para3 LW, Para3 LW M390, Meerkat V-TOKU2, M4 Sage 5 LW, Urban Ivory Damasteel, Leaf Storm

:bug-white-red -Derek
bwunger

Post by bwunger »

They had a few at the Blade Gallery in Kirkland last time I was there. Unfortunately that's not especially close to Gig Harbor. Might be worth a call to see what they have in stock.
Current collection: ZDP-189 Delica 4, S110V PM2, St. Nick's 4v Para 3, H1 sheepsfoot Manbug, Kapara, VG-10 Dragonfly, ATS-55 Serrated Delica, ZDP-189 MT04 (not broken yet) + Other non spydercos.
mjrein

Post by mjrein »

I ended up buying the Sage 2. So far I love it. Unfortunately I didn't make it to any of the suggested stores. I held every Spyderco I could find and found the Sage 5 and Para 3 to be the most comfortable. I would have liked to look at a few more, but couldn't find them. I have a personal preference for the R.I.L. and a more solid or stiff handle. So I bought a Sage 2 online, thinking it would feel basically the same as a Sage 5, and it does not disappoint. Thanks.