Spyderco Calypso Jr. Sprint Run Knife Gray (Aogami Super Blue)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
murphjd25

Re: Spyderco Calypso Jr. Sprint Run Knife Gray (Aogami Super Blue)

Post by murphjd25 »

I think I ordered the last one haha, I was doing my morning checks and said in stock, ordered it, looked again and it was listed as out of stock.
Josh
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

Although showing sold out now , NGK had one left and I snagged it and got confirmation. They are definitely trickling in now.

Rich
Think for yourself
camvdcs

Post by camvdcs »

Gee, I thought I got the last one at NGK. I decided to check for the Brouwer and they had it too. Just ordered it.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

You know the more I think about the absolute brilliance of the Spyderco marketing department. I don't think you could have picked a better model than that Burgundy Calypso Junior to debut that awesome ZDP-189 blade steel. I so vividly remember when my great Spyder-Brother, Dr. Hannibal Lecter got me and him both a couple of those Burgundy Caly Jr. models with ZDP-189 on the very day it was released to the public. After that you couldn't get another one for almost a month. That's how much everyone raved over that very first ZDP-189 model. I even EDCed that ZDP-189 Caly junior bad-boy for almost 8 months and even cut myself all the way to my finger bone with it once :eek: .

Also just to be nostalgic I still long for the days of the Micarta handled, AUS-8 model. Also the stainless CALY JR. was a very impressive unit out of the late 90s, early 2000s era.

Actually the more I think about it I'm kind of confused as to why that model didn't become one of the permanent models like the POLICE, DELICA, ENDURA ect, ect. :confused:
camvdcs

Post by camvdcs »

Candyman wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:14 pm
Although showing sold out now , NGK had one left and I snagged it and got confirmation. They are definitely trickling in now.

Rich
Candyman, if you got the last one, did they send you an email telling you that they inadvertently added Collector club versions to the inventory and they could not fulfil your purchase? That's what happen to me. If I didn't get the last one, then any they sold after me must have been CC versions too. :confused:
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

camvdcs wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:12 am
Candyman wrote:

Rich
Candyman, if you got the last one, did they send you an email telling you that they inadvertently added Collector club versions to the inventory and they could not fulfil your purchase? That's what happen to me. If I didn't get the last one, then any they sold after me must have been CC versions too. :confused:
No, I did not get an email. I actually purchased it a while before posting my original comment to be honest though. I also saw after I posted that they popped back up in stock again at least once so I’m guessing that’s maybe when it happened. Sorry man!

Rich

Rich
Think for yourself
Nate

Post by Nate »

Now's when I started holding my breath in hopes that my Knifecenter pre-order comes through. I ordered very early, so it should be fine but...
:spyder:
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

You guys and CC-numbered blades :D

I happily bought a CC-numbered version from NGK. So much quibbling over a few extra mm’s of blade engraving. Never had a problem with those crazy CC numbers affecting performance at the blade edge.

(I know, I know - I’ve heard it a thousand times - folks don’t like CC-numbered blades. I get it (or do I?!? ;))...)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:43 am

I happily bought a CC-numbered version from NGK. So much quibbling over a few extra mm’s of blade engraving. Never had a problem with those crazy CC numbers affecting performance at the blade edge.

(I know, I know - I’ve heard it a thousand times - folks don’t like CC-numbered blades. I get it (or do I?!? ;))...)

Im weird like that. I hate any extra blade engraving enough that I wouldnt buy a knife purely because of it. I love the Never Summer Native but the engraved blade ruins it for me. I love the idea of forum knives, but wont buy any with engraved blades. I wouldnt buy a collectors club knife, even if it was a fantastic deal on a discontinued or hard to find model. I do however love the H1 logo on the Salts and the new LC200N logo on the Native Salt. I'm sure we all have weird quirks like that. My knives are all users as well, so that makes it even weirder why it bothers me so much. Lol.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:43 am

I don't think camvdcs was complaining about CC numbers (although I don't particularly care for them). camvdcs stated earlier that they were able to purchase one of these through NGK. Now it appears they contacted them after and said they accidentally added their CC# stock to their inventory, which is what allowed camvdcs to purchase one through their website. It sounds to me like they contacted him afterward and said they couldn't fill his order because the inventory was actually spoken for (by the rightful owners of the CC marked knives).
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:07 am
In stock for MAP and free ship at bladeops it looks like. I was able to place an order for one. Will update when I get shipping confirmation.

Mine shipped yesterday it looks like! Maybe I'll get it tomorrow! :)
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
camvdcs

Post by camvdcs »

Candyman wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:17 am
camvdcs wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:12 am
Candyman wrote:

Rich

No, I did not get an email. I actually purchased it a while before posting my original comment to be honest though. I also saw after I posted that they popped back up in stock again at least once so I’m guessing that’s maybe when it happened. Sorry man!

Rich

Rich
Thanks for responding Candyman. Hey no biggie. Not complaining about t NGK. They been good to me over the years. I’ll just have to keep looking. Note: I don’t mind having a CC knife. To me the xtra engraving doesn’t bother me.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:53 am
I don't think camvdcs was complaining about CC numbers (although I don't particularly care for them). camvdcs stated earlier that they were able to purchase one of these through NGK. Now it appears they contacted them after and said they accidentally added their CC# stock to their inventory, which is what allowed camvdcs to purchase one through their website. It sounds to me like they contacted him afterward and said they couldn't fill his order because the inventory was actually spoken for (by the rightful owners of the CC marked knives).
NGK actually sells a couple unclaimed CC blades, as do many other vendors. It is also their MO to contact us CC members first before placing items into inventory. I had mine ordered from them hours before you guys started talking about them.
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
GH9000

Post by GH9000 »

In stock right now at optics planet.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

GH9000 wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:30 am

It still says Extended backorder - unknown ETA right under Add to Cart.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Tease!
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

steelcity16 wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:36 am
GH9000 wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:30 am

It still says Extended backorder - unknown ETA right under Add to Cart.
Yeah I saw that too. Haha
GH9000

Post by GH9000 »

I missed it.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Is it just me or does the clip appear to be stonewashed?
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:02 am
Is it just me or does the clip appear to be stonewashed?
Kind of hard to tell for sure but it does look like a matte finish to me.

https://youtu.be/sUNhYvXTy6A