Spyderco Calypso Jr. Sprint Run Knife Gray (Aogami Super Blue)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
User avatar
dreadpirate
Member
Posts: 701
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:42 pm

Spyderco Calypso Jr. Sprint Run Knife Gray (Aogami Super Blue)

Postby dreadpirate » Wed May 02, 2018 5:15 pm

Can't wait for this one:

Spyderco Calypso Jr. Sprint Run Knife Gray (Aogami Super Blue) C52FPGYE

User avatar
xceptnl
Member
Posts: 8199
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:48 pm
Location: Tobacco Country, Virginia
Contact:

Re: Spyderco Calypso Jr. Sprint Run Knife Gray (Aogami Super Blue)

Postby xceptnl » Wed May 02, 2018 5:48 pm

dreadpirate wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 5:15 pm
Can't wait for this one:

Spyderco Calypso Jr. Sprint Run Knife Gray (Aogami Super Blue) C52FPGYE
You and me both. I ordered a pair and may pick up a third. I hope it gets here soon.
Image
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*

The Meat man
Member
Posts: 1141
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: Spyderco Calypso Jr. Sprint Run Knife Gray (Aogami Super Blue)

Postby The Meat man » Wed May 02, 2018 6:15 pm

Everywhere I looked they were out of stock.
- Connor

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom." (Psalm 111:10 & Proverbs 9:10)

User avatar
dreadpirate
Member
Posts: 701
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:42 pm

Re: Spyderco Calypso Jr. Sprint Run Knife Gray (Aogami Super Blue)

Postby dreadpirate » Wed May 02, 2018 6:28 pm

I mean waiting for the chance just to order one.

User avatar
dreadpirate
Member
Posts: 701
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:42 pm

Re: Spyderco Calypso Jr. Sprint Run Knife Gray (Aogami Super Blue)

Postby dreadpirate » Wed May 02, 2018 6:30 pm

Or did it already come and go?

The Meat man
Member
Posts: 1141
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: Spyderco Calypso Jr. Sprint Run Knife Gray (Aogami Super Blue)

Postby The Meat man » Wed May 02, 2018 6:34 pm

dreadpirate wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 6:30 pm
Or did it already come and go?

I don't think so...I hope not. :eek:


Maybe xceptnl can tell us where he ordered his.
- Connor

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom." (Psalm 111:10 & Proverbs 9:10)

User avatar
bearfacedkiller
Member
Posts: 7903
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:22 pm
Location: hiding in the woods...

Re: Spyderco Calypso Jr. Sprint Run Knife Gray (Aogami Super Blue)

Postby bearfacedkiller » Wed May 02, 2018 6:48 pm

They haven’t dropped yet.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?

User avatar
xceptnl
Member
Posts: 8199
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:48 pm
Location: Tobacco Country, Virginia
Contact:

Re: Spyderco Calypso Jr. Sprint Run Knife Gray (Aogami Super Blue)

Postby xceptnl » Wed May 02, 2018 6:54 pm

The Meat man wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 6:34 pm
dreadpirate wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 6:30 pm
Or did it already come and go?

I don't think so...I hope not. :eek:


Maybe xceptnl can tell us where he ordered his.
Pre-ordered mine from SMKW the day they posted them on their site. Despite the incorrect pricing, I always planned to order at least a pair for them.
Image
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*

The Meat man
Member
Posts: 1141
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: Spyderco Calypso Jr. Sprint Run Knife Gray (Aogami Super Blue)

Postby The Meat man » Wed May 02, 2018 7:01 pm

xceptnl wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 6:54 pm
The Meat man wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 6:34 pm
dreadpirate wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 6:30 pm
Or did it already come and go?

I don't think so...I hope not. :eek:


Maybe xceptnl can tell us where he ordered his.
Pre-ordered mine from SMKW the day they posted them on their site. Despite the incorrect pricing, I always planned to order at least a pair for them.

Oh thanks. :)

I've never gotten a sprint or exclusive before, and Super Blue sounds like an interesting steel. I'm going to watch this one closely since it actually seems to be within my (currently) somewhat limited price range.
- Connor

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom." (Psalm 111:10 & Proverbs 9:10)

User avatar
Sharp Guy
Member
Posts: 3644
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:19 pm
Location: Over here!

Re: Spyderco Calypso Jr. Sprint Run Knife Gray (Aogami Super Blue)

Postby Sharp Guy » Wed May 02, 2018 7:58 pm

The Meat man wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 7:01 pm
I've never gotten a sprint or exclusive before, and Super Blue sounds like an interesting steel. I'm going to watch this one closely since it actually seems to be within my (currently) somewhat limited price range.
This would be a good one to get if you can. It's an opportunity to get a discontinued model with a desirable (for many) steel for a very reasonable price.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!

murphjd25
Member
Posts: 1790
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:43 am
Location: Bothell,WA

Re: Spyderco Calypso Jr. Sprint Run Knife Gray (Aogami Super Blue)

Postby murphjd25 » Wed May 02, 2018 9:14 pm

Count me in!
Josh

The Meat man
Member
Posts: 1141
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: Spyderco Calypso Jr. Sprint Run Knife Gray (Aogami Super Blue)

Postby The Meat man » Fri May 04, 2018 7:31 am

Anyone have a guestimation on when these will be released?
- Connor

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom." (Psalm 111:10 & Proverbs 9:10)

Strider
Member
Posts: 307
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:32 pm

Re: Spyderco Calypso Jr. Sprint Run Knife Gray (Aogami Super Blue)

Postby Strider » Fri May 04, 2018 1:01 pm

The Meat man wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 7:31 am
Anyone have a guestimation on when these will be released?
2018?

User avatar
gull wing
Member
Posts: 3036
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:33 am
Location: Louisiana USA

Re: Spyderco Calypso Jr. Sprint Run Knife Gray (Aogami Super Blue)

Postby gull wing » Fri May 04, 2018 3:13 pm

xceptnl wrote: You and me both. I ordered a pair and may pick up a third. I hope it gets here soon.
dreadpirate wrote:I mean waiting for the chance just to order one.
That may be why you don't have the chance to order one.
:D Greed !
SCARAMOUCHE! :spyder:

User avatar
xceptnl
Member
Posts: 8199
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:48 pm
Location: Tobacco Country, Virginia
Contact:

Re: Spyderco Calypso Jr. Sprint Run Knife Gray (Aogami Super Blue)

Postby xceptnl » Fri May 04, 2018 4:15 pm

gull wing wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 3:13 pm
xceptnl wrote: You and me both. I ordered a pair and may pick up a third. I hope it gets here soon.
dreadpirate wrote:I mean waiting for the chance just to order one.
That may be why you don't have the chance to order one.
:D Greed !
Greed, preparedness, hoarding.... you can label it what you will. The facts are this has been my choice for an FRN knife since discovering knives period. And when Superblue came out, i went nuts. I have every knife Spyderco has produced in this steel.

As for others getting one, the opportunities will come once they hit the shelves.... I couldn't take the risk though. :D
Image
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*

User avatar
wrdwrght
Member
Posts: 2022
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:35 am
Location: New Hampshire

Re: Spyderco Calypso Jr. Sprint Run Knife Gray (Aogami Super Blue)

Postby wrdwrght » Fri May 04, 2018 8:51 pm

Do we know if this blade is cladded?
Marc

INBOUND; SB Calypso Jr. sprint. ON RADAR: Rex45 Military sprint; SE Caribbean sheepsfoot; PE LC200N Pacific Salt; Kapara; WaterWay. IN DREAMS: 10V Military; 3V or 4V Shaman; Chief; Slysz Swayback; C27 serrated Jess Horn.

The Meat man
Member
Posts: 1141
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: Spyderco Calypso Jr. Sprint Run Knife Gray (Aogami Super Blue)

Postby The Meat man » Fri May 04, 2018 9:07 pm

wrdwrght wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 8:51 pm
Do we know if this blade is cladded?


I don't think so. Neither the pictures nor the catalog description indicate that it is anyway.
- Connor

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom." (Psalm 111:10 & Proverbs 9:10)

User avatar
farnorthdan
Member
Posts: 4408
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:32 pm

Re: Spyderco Calypso Jr. Sprint Run Knife Gray (Aogami Super Blue)

Postby farnorthdan » Fri May 04, 2018 10:44 pm

dreadpirate wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 5:15 pm
Can't wait for this one:

Spyderco Calypso Jr. Sprint Run Knife Gray (Aogami Super Blue) C52FPGYE
+1, this is a must have for my complete SB collection, I'm going to try a grab for two, 1 user and one to keep mint. Crazy for the Super Blue.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."

User avatar
bearfacedkiller
Member
Posts: 7903
Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:22 pm
Location: hiding in the woods...

Re: Spyderco Calypso Jr. Sprint Run Knife Gray (Aogami Super Blue)

Postby bearfacedkiller » Fri May 04, 2018 11:34 pm

I believe this knife is made by Moki. So far Moki has done solid SB and Seki has done cladded. I am pretty sure this one will be solid. :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?

User avatar
wrdwrght
Member
Posts: 2022
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:35 am
Location: New Hampshire

Re: Spyderco Calypso Jr. Sprint Run Knife Gray (Aogami Super Blue)

Postby wrdwrght » Sat May 05, 2018 9:39 am

No cladding? Moki? I'm waiting for my BHQ notification.
Marc

INBOUND; SB Calypso Jr. sprint. ON RADAR: Rex45 Military sprint; SE Caribbean sheepsfoot; PE LC200N Pacific Salt; Kapara; WaterWay. IN DREAMS: 10V Military; 3V or 4V Shaman; Chief; Slysz Swayback; C27 serrated Jess Horn.


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bradley, crazywednesday, emanuel, jezabel, Larry_Mott and 59 guests