BladeHQ Exclusive Native 5 Jade G10 CPM-M4

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DSH007

Re: BladeHQ Exclusive Native 5 Jade G10 CPM-M4

Post by DSH007 »

Just ordered mine! I don't have a Native 5 yet, or anything M4 or jade.. so this is checking off some boxes for me! Plus, it just looks really sweet!
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

SpyderNut wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 2:04 pm
It looks very nice--and I'm sure I'd want one if I held one, but I already have several Natives... Will probably pass on this one too.
Edited to add:

Wait a minute... This is linerless? Well shoot, that may change things then. ;)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

The BladeHQ Native5 M4/Natural G-10 is linerless. It's about 3/4 of an ounce lighter than a similar Native5 with G-10 and steel liners.

I've been using my KnifeCenter S90V/Green G-10 linerless Native5 for about 6 months now with no issues and really like the lighter weight.

I did get one of these BladeHQ ones.
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
attila

Post by attila »

Having gotten and been really satisfied with the KC smooth green G10 Native recently, I haven't been able to pull the trigger on this one... I really like the natural G10, but I just don't need a satin M4 Native, and too many of my Spydies are collecting dust. :(

Maybe I'll get a DLC version when that drops.
Maybe I'll cave and get this at the last second.
I really need to sell some stuff (Jade Manix, Pakka Delica are closest to the chopping block).

Thanks Spyderco for spoiling us!!! :rolleyes: :spyder:
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

FYI, it looks like the DLC M4 Jade PM2 is back in stock now. Must have been a few returns. If you want one better grab it quick!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Just my 2 cents here on the DLC versions... With both the para and the native, if they'd released the DLC and Satin at the same time (or DLC first), I'd have probably gone with the DLC. But it's just too redundant for me to have a satin AND a DLC. That's why I passed on the DLC para and why I'd pass on a DLC native if they make one. Not that I don't like it, it's just that I'd rather have something different and new rather than another knife just like the one I have aside from a DLC coating.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
jpm2

Post by jpm2 »

This one is going to make a great user.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Trying....to....re.....sist...

I don't need this
I don't need this
I don't need this
I don't need this
I don't need this
I don't need this
I don't need this....
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

C'mon already!!! Sell out!
SG89

Post by SG89 »

M4 Linerless G10 Native Y'all... Forget the scale color and get one already!
*evil enabler laugh*
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

It is getting increasingly harder to get me to buy new knives. This however was an easy decision and is maybe only my third Spydie this year. I cannot wait to carry this with my Jade/M4 Military. :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Hobnob

Post by Hobnob »

What's not to like about this Exclusive. Had to add this Native 5 to go along with the other 8. I can see this one as my primary pocket jockey.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 9:36 pm
M4 Linerless G10 Native Y'all... Forget the scale color and get one already!
*evil enabler laugh*
Haha! Earlier I was checking to see what Rit dye colors I have on hand. Hmmm...teal green might work nicely...

I'm currently sitting on the couch in my office surrounded by various models I already have and thinking about all the pre-orders that's be dropping soon. I think it's working. I closed the BHQ web page I've had open for the past few hours. I'm determined to not let myself get "enabled". :)
bearfacedkiller wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 9:42 pm
It is getting increasingly harder to get me to buy new knives...
Only being at this a few years I'm still the opposite. It doesn't take much to get me to buy one. :D

I thought there wasn't gonna be much that would interest me this year. Man was wrong! I swear Sal and Eric sit around all day in Golden scheming up different ways to get more of my money!
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 9:42 pm
I cannot wait to carry this with my Jade/M4 Military. :)
... Jade top cowboy boots! :cool:
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

No cowboy boots here. I don’t want to be “all boots and no cattle”. :) I do have a nice cowboy hat but it is more for protecting my Irish skin when working in the garden. :eek: The sun hates Irish people, or maybe it’s the other way around?
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
anycal

Post by anycal »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 10:37 pm
I'm currently sitting on the couch in my office surrounded by various models I already have and thinking...

Haha. Hahahaha. Been there few times.

I may have talked myself out of this one. I'll give it until Friday, see if I break...
Peter
Strider

Post by Strider »

still in stock? I do enjoy M4, but I am not in the mood to go about a scale swap.
mb1

Post by mb1 »

I wonder if/when they release a DLC version, it will sell out more quickly. The DLC Manix was bonkers on the buying frenzy, but that was a couple of firsts in one package.

Sounds like a bit of saturation with spendy Native options might have slowed sales on this one. I get that. For me, not owning a Native (somehow), this was a no brainer, especially for the price. The next closest temptation I had was that fluted carbon fiber S90V. That's the best looking one I've ever seen. I just like M4 a little better. So. many. options!
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
NickShabazz

Post by NickShabazz »

Thank god they've picked the ugliest G10 color (or lack thereof) imaginable, or I'd be in regular trouble. Then again, for an M4 Shaman, I'd do the old Buy-and-Dye.
Mourning the Slysz Bowie and loving the rest of Spyderco's gems. Check out my reviews at https://www.youtube.com/c/nickshabazz!
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Got my shipping notice! :D
I like the scales as they are, but they would look nice RIT dyed teal or any color really (could even do one of those fancy two tone dye jobs like KnivesPlus does)..... M4 Native! Just saying :D
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal