Lil Native what shall be the 1st Sprint?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
twinboysdad

Re: Lil Native what shall be the 1st Sprint?

Post by twinboysdad »

ejcr98 wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:59 am
twinboysdad wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:48 pm
Just add jimping to it...at least the choil
Yes, add jimping to the spine and choil. Already cut myself a bit because the finger slipped out of the choil.
If I buy another (sold the Comp to fund back lock) I will either have to have it jimped or dremel it myself.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

I miss the jimping on the choil too
Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

CTS XHP or CPM S90V orange G10 CS exclusive perhaps?
Robishere

Post by Robishere »

MAXAMET!!!! It is the be all and end all in my eyes. I have 4 now and want a wee one inside my pocket that is not bulky and uncomfortable. Why do gentlemen knives have to be cheap steel? The ukpk is in s110v but no lock or I would buy it. Sure there is zdp 189 but I want m399 or Maxamet in a ladybug or a Lil native. Yes....Maxamet gentlemans knife.
Some places I wear a suit to dont want to see clip on knives, they have to be in the pocket, but comfortable to me and a good blade. I pray for lock back lil native Maxamet!!!!!
“Putting fancy thoughts in a woman’s head is like putting lace on a bowling ball.....no good can come of it.” - Archie Bunker.
Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

Any news or rumors floating around about Lil Native variants?
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Haven't heard any chatter about sprints yet. Hopefully we will see one soon. I was thinking the other day though how a Lil' Native LW would be a cool little knife. The Native LW and Dragonfly are my two favorite knifes for EDC in the summer with light shorts, but a Lil' Native LW would add some more options for me. A Lil' Native LW Salt in LC200N would be awesome. And a Lil' Native LW in FRN and any supersteel would be great. Cruwear, S110V, Maxamet, whatever.
Last edited by steelcity16 on Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Ric

Post by Ric »

Cruwear and LC200N Salt
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Ric wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:17 pm
Cruwear and LC200N Salt

I like the way you think! +1!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

I wouldn't mind seeing one with cruwear and micarta scales...
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

curlyhairedboy wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:08 pm
I wouldn't mind seeing one with cruwear and micarta scales...

To match the Shaman that Sal has hinted at?! That would definitely get my money!
Mstach07

Post by Mstach07 »

I would like to see blurple g10 s110v or red g10 m390. We have had a lot of exciting tool steels lately but I think a blade this size doesn’t need much edge stability. I also think most of us will carry this as a lightweight gentleman or secondary backup.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Agree ^
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
BLUETYPEII

Post by BLUETYPEII »

Bdubs808 wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:10 pm
The Lil Native reviews are in, and I really want to purchase one. When the Para 3 was released I bought one and enjoyed it for a time, then in the end I sold it. Why? I lost my taste for "vanilla" black G10 and S30V. Today I have 4 Para 3s (S110V, M390, CruWear, S90V). History tells me to just be patient and wait for a nice Sprint of the Lil Native. So what do you all guess or want the 1st Sprint to be? I sincerely hope LC200N.

I agree... a Lil’ Native in Lc200N would be a MUST but for me.

There is something about a non corrosive steal (H1 or LC200N) that really appeals to me for a few different reasons but I will not go into it here because it’s off topic
40 Spyderco knives in 11 different steels,
1 Byrd and 30 “others”
blendergasket

Post by blendergasket »

Forgive me if this has been covered, but are there plans for a little native lightweight?
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

blendergasket wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:14 pm
Forgive me if this has been covered, but are there plans for a little native lightweight?

I havent heard of any, but I think it would be a great idea. Small models like this id much rather have in lightweight FRN form for easy carry.
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Hmmm… lightweight. I think a main attraction of the Lil’ Native are the G10 scales. I am not so sure how FRN or FRCP would be as, what, pleasing? Could be wrong but something to consider. Of course, I like the Chaparral FRN scales a lot. Go figure. I’m a confused knife afi…
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

MichaelScott wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:24 pm
Hmmm… lightweight. I think a main attraction of the Lil’ Native are the G10 scales. I am not so sure how FRN or FRCP would be as, what, pleasing? Could be wrong but something to consider. Of course, I like the Chaparral FRN scales a lot. Go figure. I’m a confused knife afi…

For EDC in summer in lightweight shorts a lightweight FRN model is a must for me. I love that I can carry an awesome blade and not even know its there. The Native LW usually fills this role. Sometimes the DF2. An FRN Lil Native would be good middle ground. And Id get the Golden steels in an even smaller package than the Native.

The appeal of small knives to me is that they dissapear in your pocket. Otherwise, Id carry a bigger knife. A G10 knife is MUCH more noticeable. If I carry a G10 Native (even the linerless version), G10 Delica, G10 Dragonfly, G10 Worker, or G10 Caly 3, I can tell they are there even though they are small. My FRN Native LW and FRN DF2 are barely noticeable if at all. I dont really notice carrying an FRN Salt 1 either.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

steelcity16 wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:32 am
MichaelScott wrote:

For EDC in summer in lightweight shorts a lightweight FRN model is a must for me. I love that I can carry an awesome blade and not even know its there. The Native LW usually fills this role. Sometimes the DF2. An FRN Lil Native would be good middle ground. And Id get the Golden steels in an even smaller package than the Native.

The appeal of small knives to me is that they dissapear in your pocket. Otherwise, Id carry a bigger knife. A G10 knife is MUCH more noticeable. If I carry a G10 Native (even the linerless version), G10 Delica, G10 Dragonfly, G10 Worker, or G10 Caly 3, I can tell they are there even though they are small. My FRN Native LW and FRN DF2 are barely noticeable if at all. I dont really notice carrying an FRN Salt 1 either.
Do you have a lil native?
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

steelcity16 wrote:
Good points, especially about Golden and the steel. I’d be in favor of them prototyping an FRN linerless model that was not as wide as the G10 version which would make it more compact in the pocket. Probably have to be a back lock, which is fine with me. I like Spyderco back locks. Targeting a bit thinner design with S30V for example that didn’t need the heft or strength of liners and G10 would put it into a different use category, one that I think many people would appreciate.

Interesting ideas you have.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:54 am
steelcity16 wrote:
MichaelScott wrote:

Do you have a lil native?

I do not. Ive been holding out for a sprint. :)