Forest Green CTS 204p Para 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JustinB

Forest Green CTS 204p Para 2

Post by JustinB »

Any chance of getting another run of the dark green/ forest green Paras again? The forest green is my absolute favourite colour ever, and I would really love to try out 204p on the Para platform. I would have to buy at least 5 if they were ever to come out again. Can we get another run for them? Please!!
Justin :spyder:
Sharp Guy

Re: Forest Green CTS 204p Para 2

Post by Sharp Guy »

If Spydiewiki is correct this was a distributor exclusive for Blue Ridge Knives. Your best bet would be to query them and see if they'll commission Spyderco to do another run.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:33 pm
If Spydiewiki is correct this was a distributor exclusive for Blue Ridge Knives. Your best bet would be to query them and see if they'll commission Spyderco to do another run.
Did sellers other than KnifeWorks provide a 204P PM2 and Military in dark-green G10?
-Marc (pocketing an M4 Sage5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

wrdwrght wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:42 pm
Sharp Guy wrote:
Did sellers other than KnifeWorks provide a 204P PM2 and Military in dark-green G10?
The 204P exclusive was before I got into Spydies. So I'm certainly no authority on it. From what I read on Spydiewiki earlier, Knifeworks bought the whole run. Kind of like DLT did with the red M390 PM2 distributor exclusive from JB Outman.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

I'm not 100% certain how the behind the scenes process works for distributor exclusives that only go to one dealer: whether the distributor just puts in the request to Spyderco at the behest of the dealer; the distributor decides all on their own to make the order and then offers the whole batch to a specific dealer; or something else entirely.

That said, since the green 204P run was an exclusive (and not a sprint), there shouldn't be anything prohibiting another run(s), as the blue M390 exclusive has gotten three runs.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
soulspy

Post by soulspy »

Best all around PM2, in my opinion.
JustinB

Post by JustinB »

I just got an email from knifeworks saying that a re run has been ordered, they just aren’t sure when they will be out. Looks like we may be getting another run in the near future!
Last edited by JustinB on Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anycal

Post by anycal »

Definitely interested in this one. Specifically how it compares to the M390, which I do have a PM2 in.

I have the 204P Military and really like that steel. But having in in the PM2 would be a better comparison. Plus, the green is awesome.

Bring it KW!
Peter
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Mine is chilling in it's box right now but I did carry it quite a bit when they first came out. I just came to prefer the Military platform better so I carry my 204P Military instead. It is definitely one of my better knives. I hope they do a rerun for the folks who missed out. It is a killer blade!

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Zenith

Post by Zenith »

Mine is still tucked away. The day my S30V Digicam is retired I will pull that one out.
husq2100

Post by husq2100 »

JustinB wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:00 am
I just got an email from knifeworks saying that a re run has been ordered, they just aren’t sure when they will be out. Looks like we may be getting another run in the near future!
Its not April 1st yet buddy so I hope you are not playing with us lol. I really hope to see this one again. I am a big fan of the combo and will definitely grab one
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

I'll try to snag one if they come out again. Love that colorway and the steel.
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
husq2100

Post by husq2100 »

JustinB wrote:
I emailed them a week ago to ask about it. No reply. I checked my spam folder etc. I do get there promo stuff all the time

???
JustinB

Post by JustinB »

husq2100 wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:40 pm
JustinB wrote:
I emailed them a week ago to ask about it. No reply. I checked my spam folder etc. I do get there promo stuff all the time

???
That’s odd, they answered me within two days I believe.
Donut

Post by Donut »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:41 pm
wrdwrght wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:42 pm
Sharp Guy wrote:
The 204P exclusive was before I got into Spydies. So I'm certainly no authority on it. From what I read on Spydiewiki earlier, Knifeworks bought the whole run. Kind of like DLT did with the red M390 PM2 distributor exclusive from JB Outman.
So, here is a little information for you:

Exclusives, even to a single dealer, there are a "few" (not sure how many, it seems like less than 100, go out through the collector's club channel.

If you sign up for the collector's club, I think I read that there are two levels of collectors club, one is every version of every knife and the other is less, I think the non variant versions. When you sign up, you get to choose which dealer gets the knife to get it to you.

There might be some people who are signed up to the collector's club that have an agreement with the dealer that if the member isn't interested, the dealer can sell it. Some dealers sign up for a couple of collector's club memberships, let's say they sign up for 3 collector's club, they get 3 Exclusives that are limited to another specific dealer and they get 3 extra of the sprints, above what they would normally get.

Usually when stuff ships out, the Collector's club stuff goes out a few days before the normal channels go.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

She’s a beaut!

husq2100

Post by husq2100 »

Any one know any more about this possible re run?
SC_PATRIOT

Post by SC_PATRIOT »

husq2100 wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 9:39 pm
Any one know any more about this possible re run?
Agreed this isn't something to joke about :D

This was the one that got away from me the first time. Any timeline. I was a few weeks away from swapping a DLT OD green scales to my Blade HQ M4. Now I'm gonna wait.
Raymond3

Post by Raymond3 »

Any information about a release date of the Para2 with CTS 204p would be appreciated.

Thank you.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I'd rather have the Para 3 in this model. The 204p Military is a great knife, but I like the Para3 a lot more than the Para2, personally.

But honestly, who am I kidding? I'd buy the Para2 as well.