Sal, what are the chances for another DS93X Thor blade spydie?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sumdumguy

Re: Sal, what are the chances for another DS93X Thor blade spydie?

Post by Sumdumguy »

Chapparal, Fluted CF and baldur or rose Damasteel.

That one ^^
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
archangel

Post by archangel »

Larry_Mott wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:21 am
One more thing though - if it is an anniversary model - Please, mark it as such in the form of a "medallion" in the scales a lá Mk1 Starmate. No billboard etching on the blade.

^^ this. Or better: Don't make us wait till the next major anniversary. ;)
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
Hoot Gibson

Post by Hoot Gibson »

I'd like cheap handles, as long as they're put on with screws. Keep the initial price down, and allow those folks that are so inclined to go nuts with custom scales. Someone will undoubtedly make some, but if it's a liner style, maybe those of us who aren't super handy machinist types can make some for ourselves.

I have this piece of old ivory hanging around, and a nice piece of Florida Keys lignum vitae, a bit of snakewood, and maybe something else to work with, if it's something that can be done in a simple home shop.
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

archangel wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:56 pm
Larry_Mott wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:21 am
One more thing though - if it is an anniversary model - Please, mark it as such in the form of a "medallion" in the scales a lá Mk1 Starmate. No billboard etching on the blade.

^^ this. Or better: Don't make us wait till the next major anniversary. ;)
But.. surely we/Spyderco could make some sort of anniversary out of some cool model, never mind if it's a Kapara 1-year anniversary in 2020 :D
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
hungryboy

Post by hungryboy »

Chapperal, PM2, Military or Manix 2

I'd buy any.

I'd like contoured CF, Happy to pay the price. Another vote for more subtle blade printing.
Mick

Post by Mick »

Chapparal, Para 3, or PM2, and I'm all in. Damasteel deserves a top shelf scale material such as CF or Titanium.
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Here's another vote for a Damasteel Chaparral, CF or titanium handles. If it's a commemorative knife put an inlay in the handle rather than engraving on the blade.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

The Meat man wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:57 pm
Here's another vote for a Damasteel Chaparral, CF or titanium handles. If it's a commemorative knife put an inlay in the handle rather than engraving on the blade.
Since both Ti an d Cf has been (over)done (IMO) what about desert ironwood, cocobolo or micarta scaled Chappie?
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Larry_Mott wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:13 am
The Meat man wrote:
Since both Ti an d Cf has been (over)done (IMO) what about desert ironwood, cocobolo or micarta scaled Chappie?

Any of those would be great. I'm not sure if they'd be doable in Taichung though from what I have heard about warping problems.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

The Meat man wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:24 am
Larry_Mott wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:13 am
The Meat man wrote:

Any of those would be great. I'm not sure if they'd be doable in Taichung though from what I have heard about warping problems.
AFAIK the Sage 4 was made in Taichung, now i have only seen and handled a handful, but none of them had cracked or warped scales..
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

Hoot Gibson wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:04 pm
I'd like cheap handles, as long as they're put on with screws. Keep the initial price down, and allow those folks that are so inclined to go nuts with custom scales. Someone will undoubtedly make some, but if it's a liner style, maybe those of us who aren't super handy machinist types can make some for ourselves.

I have this piece of old ivory hanging around, and a nice piece of Florida Keys lignum vitae, a bit of snakewood, and maybe something else to work with, if it's something that can be done in a simple home shop.
Agreed on the cheaper handles - g10 is fine by me, plenty of aftermarket scales out there for the popular models.
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
5-by-5

Post by 5-by-5 »

Hoot Gibson wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:04 pm

You're right. Get the steel to us so we can swap or customize!
:D
Cujobob

Post by Cujobob »

I’d like this steel to be used on a Kaparra or Chaparral.
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

Definitely open to a Chap - thinner blade stock = less expensive, probably?
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

I've got another chap LW in hand right now, and I can't think of a better inexpensive platform for damasteel patterns.
kodai78
Location: “Beam me up Scotty, there’s no intelligent life down here.”

Post by kodai78 »

Damasteel any pattern on something size wise between the Chaparral and Sage with a premium handle material. Carbon fiber, Wood, Bone, Titanium, not G10 or CF G10 laminate or any plastic. Premium steel and price wouldn’t jive with lesser handle material. Lil Native would be a good model for this.
:spyder: Shaman REX 45, Smock, Baby Jess Horn CE, Spydiechef, Schempp Bowie,Ti Fluted Military, Titanium Military, Native S30 V and G10, PM 2 in S35VN, and S110V, Manix 2 LW BD1 and SPY 27, Sage 5, Positron black CPM S30V, Chaparral w/Raffir Noble scales, SuperLeaf VG 10, Ladybug H1, Dragonfly 2 in ZDP 189 and Superblue/420J1 and H1, Delica in ZDP 189, Clipitool Standard, the Cook’s knife VG10, Santoku, paring and utility knives, all in MBS 26. :spyder: