Can't believe the BBS M390 Para 3 I received even left the factory

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Forest Green

Re: Can't believe the BBS M390 Para 3 I received even left the factory

Post by Forest Green »

I will give BBS credit for being very upfront with their policies, and for having great sprint runs, one of my fav knives is my blue Para 3 m390, but,....wondering why they are still available?
Crux

Post by Crux »

Forest Green wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:48 pm
I will give BBS credit for being very upfront with their policies, and for having great sprint runs, one of my fav knives is my blue Para 3 m390, but,....wondering why they are still available?
Because their marketing sucks. Those knives are selling on eBay for $100 over Bento Box's price. They ought to setup an eBay presence.
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Many a tear has been shed on this forum and others from people who got a knife that someone had ordered, taken apart, broke, and returned, only to have it shipped back out to someone else.
Having a no return policy prevents this. If you get a bad knife from BBS it came from the factory like that.

Even of they don't break it, do you really want a knife that someone has played around with? How many returns do you think BHQ gets a month? And how many of those end up re-sold as 'new'? Don't get me wrong I still buy from BHQ, but it's nice knowing that you're 'brand new in box' knife really isn't a return.

As for pricing. Supply and demand. No one is forcing anyone to buy from bento. They're prices allow people like me who think some of their knives are worth the price to get them. If they were all rock bottom prices, they likely wouldn't be available. They're a business and their pricing is a business strategy. I understand why someone wouldn't buy from them, but I don't get the vitriol towards them.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
M4Life

Post by M4Life »

Have you tried disassembling the the knife and loosening the pivot screw a little bit?
Just a man with a plan and a knife in hand.

My knives: Para 3 S110V (customized), Para 3 M390, PM2 S110V, Manix 2 CPM 154/S90V, Dice, Rubicon, Vrango, Native 5 CPM 154/S90V, Manbug ZDP-189, Ladybug, Chaparral LW, Kizer Megatherium
Crux

Post by Crux »

Unless something is actually broken, the Para 3 can be fixed with a rebuild. You need to make sure you have the right pivot bushings are on the right side. Believe me, this will cause a total failure of the knife if not set right. Anyone here that has disassembled a PM2 or Para3 will tell you the same.

When I took my first PM2 apart, I had watched a YouTube on how to take it apart. BUT, I didn't watch the reassembly part because I figured take it apart and put it back the same way. Well I put the bushings on the wrong side and I literally spend days trying to get it to work. I took it apart a dozen times, tried to bend this or that and during which gouged a BB sized nick on the s110v blade. What I then did is what I should have done and watched the whole video. The bushing groove must fit with the inner liner or it will never fit right. This groove is very small and I would never have found it unless I knew it was there.

Hope that helps.
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
Slash

Post by Slash »

M4Life wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:41 pm
Have you tried disassembling the the knife and loosening the pivot screw a little bit?
This is 6 months old. Op sent it to syderco for repair.