Shipping of internal parts

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
sal

Re: Shipping of internal parts

Postby sal » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:24 am

Thanx Des,

and welcome to our forum.

sal

M4Life

Postby M4Life » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:56 pm

I don't really have a problem with the current policy on shipping parts but, I do wish that information about what hardware is used in the knives was more readily available, so that I can for example, find a replacement washer or bearing from a 3rd party easier, if they were damaged. This would also be nice for those of us who like to customize our knives with things such as heat colored screws, so that way if I make a mistake and the color comes out wrong, I can just buy more screws rather than a whole new knife.
Just a man with a plan and a knife in hand.

My knives: Para 3 S110V (customized), Para 3 M390, PM2 S110V, Manix 2 CPM 154/S90V, Dice, Rubicon, Vrango, Native 5 CPM 154/S90V, Manbug ZDP-189, Ladybug, Chaparral LW, Kizer Megatherium

Gideons

Postby Gideons » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:41 am

I have a Spyderco Domino, that had an issue with a pivot screw and I made it worse. I need to send in my Spyderco Domino for warranty work, and I'm in Canada. Any flipper crossing the border, has a VERY strong possibility of being seized due to recent CBSA policy changes. I would 100% pay for parts, I understand that is expensive on Spyderco's end, and logistically challenging. However, the Spyderco Domino is a premium knife($200+) and when I compare it to the competition for example; Zero Tolerance... they would ship me the parts. Now, I will have to pay duty fees (coming back into Canada), I will have to pay for warranty, and there is a strong chance my knife will be seized. I'm not even sure if it is worth it to send it in for warranty work since the risk of it being seized is so high, these issues will prevent me from buying another Spyderco Knife anytime soon sadly.

Wanimator

Postby Wanimator » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:32 pm

What if you shipped the knife zip tied shut?

Durham68

Postby Durham68 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:39 pm

So glad you are having this conversation. I have a Mantra that has had a fair amount of work done to it. I absolutely love it, but somewhere in the process of turning it into what it is today, someone made it lockup real late. It’s safe and probably won’t be an issue for some time, but seeing as this is the knife I’ve been seeking for years, and required a good amount of work to make it so, I would pay a hefty sum for a spare lockbar insert with a little more meat on it.
B7A3ACAD-EA25-467E-A5E6-DF0EBA05B692.jpeg

sal

Postby sal » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:14 pm

Hi Durham,

Welcome to our forum and thanx for your input.

sal

Durham68

Postby Durham68 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:55 pm

sal wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:14 pm
Hi Durham,

Welcome to our forum and thanx for your input.

sal
Thanks Sal!

Slash

Postby Slash » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:04 pm

dewey or putnam?
Inventory auditors need jobs to...
I'll count screws in exchange for a 1 year supply of sharpness.

Thought about it. Can add parts to universal database that consumers can access similar to ereplacementparts and such.

If it's a warranty ? should deal with retailer for newly sold knives.
For older ones it's easy enough to take pics and email. If the same guys/gals continue to get free parts flag and charge them.

I'll post on taking knives apart about how I feel about tiny screws that easily break.

Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”