Shipping of internal parts

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
AlexRus

Re: Shipping of internal parts

Postby AlexRus » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:17 am

Crux wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:59 am
Why so many comments? They ain't gonna do it.
I'm afraid so. Unfortunately...

Fatih

Postby Fatih » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:10 pm

I need spare parts that are compatible with my C199TIP. Where can I buy compatible parts?

apollo

Postby apollo » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:11 am

Spare parts are a difficult subject in my eyes. Living in Europe sending a knife to spyderco for repair is out of the question.( the chance of losing the knife is to big.
So if it is possible to get spare parts it would be Great.
But the parts themselves are the difficult things.
I would not send replacemend blades out by example.
What i would do is to send out the basics like screws , the plastic bb cage of the manix , pocket clips , springs , ...

Paying for the stuff is natural for me. As long as the pricing is fair. Not the price of a new knife for a couple of,screws and a spring for example. But i would never believe spyderco would so that so we are safe with that one. :)

MichaelScott

Postby MichaelScott » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:54 am

apollo wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:11 am
Spare parts are a difficult subject in my eyes. Living in Europe sending a knife to spyderco for repair is out of the question.( the chance of losing the knife is to big.
What i would do is to send out the basics like screws , the plastic bb cage of the manix , pocket clips , springs , ...

Paying for the stuff is natural for me. As long as the pricing is fair. Not the price of a new knife for a couple of,screws and a spring for example. But i would never believe spyderco would so that so we are safe with that one. :)
I am wondering if you have read this entire thread? If not I think it might show that “merely” supplying the basic parts is much more complicated and a complex business process than might initially be assumed.
Still kicking cancer's butt one day at a time.
Current "collection": One-Eyed Jack, Reinhold Rhino

Micro Plot of the Week:
The Bible
Old Testament - Shape up, or ship out.
New Testament - Don't worry. Be happy.

http://amanandhiscancer.wordpress.com
http://michaeldouglasscott.com
http://theqfragments.com

apollo

Postby apollo » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:59 am

MichaelScott wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:54 am
apollo wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:11 am

I am wondering if you have read this entire thread? If not I think it might show that “merely” supplying the basic parts is much more complicated and a complex business process than might initially be assumed.

First off my post is just my opinion what spyderco does with it is there choise. Second you are correct no i did not get the opportunity to,read each and every post because well i just returned to the forum and i do not have the time to sit on my ipad all day so sorry of i did not found the text you are refering to.

And i understand it is not easy. On the otherhand nothing in life is easy if you want to do the best job you can. And spyderco always pulls true one way or the other.
Look at the Nirvana i am sure it was a pain in the... for Sal and the rest of the crew to pull it off but it is in my collection so they did it.

Also it is not like it has never bin done before other company's do it so in time spyderco could grow in to it also if they want it. I do not think there are crouds of people demanding it and if there are then its there problem. Spyderco is doing a fine job as it is. And i think every member and i am sure yourself included here thinks the same way. :)

Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”