The Tactical Bottle Opener: Spyderco ClipiTool Standard

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Re: The Tactical Bottle Opener: Spyderco ClipiTool Standard

Post by Mad Mac »

I have not gotten behind on my beer drinking,
but I am behind on my posting.
Versatile Munich style lager and best seller for this Louisiana brewery.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Abita Amber
Last edited by Mad Mac on Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

The original Mexican beer from 1899.
Refreshing and at 4.5% highly sessionable. No lime required.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Sol
Last edited by Mad Mac on Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Sometimes, you just have to lighten up.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard with Shiner Light Blonde
Last edited by Mad Mac on Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

You might be thinking it's a little early to be talking about Oktoberfest, but historically it took place on the last three weekends in September which means it would have begun in just two more weeks on September 15th. But wait, there's more.

Why is it called Oktoberfest if it takes place in September? That's because the first Oktoberfest was held in the year 1810 in honor of the Bavarian Crown Prince Ludwig's marriage to Princess Therese von Sachsen-Hildburghausen. The festivities began on October 12, 1810 and ended on October 17 with a horse race. In the following years, the celebrations were repeated and, later, the festival was prolonged and moved to September for warmer weather. But that's not all.

After the reunification of East and West Germany on October 3rd, 1990, the three weeks of Octoberfest was shifted to cover that date, German Unity Day. So this year it begins September 22nd.

So why do I care? Because when I was there in 1970, it was before reunification. Let me tell you, when that enormous beer tent was filled with the voices of thousands of West Germans singing in unison, thumping their steins on the tables simultaneously and swaying back and forth, it made the hair on the back of your neck stand up.

Prosit!

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Shiner Oktoberfest
Last edited by Mad Mac on Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

From the New Jersey brewery of the same name, a year round IPA
and the first offering in this Beer of the Month Club care package from my daughter.
Here's mud in your eye.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and River Horse IPA
Last edited by Mad Mac on Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

The 7.5% alcohol content may have something to do with the hippotizing.
Fair winds and following seas.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and River Horse Hippotizing IPA
Last edited by Mad Mac on Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

If you are of a certain age, you will remember Johnny Carson and his sidekick, Ed McMahon. One of their routines was that Johnny would have a list or some information on a sheet of paper. Ed would exclaim something like, "Everything you could possibly want to know about that is on one sheet of paper!" Johnny would wait for the audience anticipatory chuckling to subside and then insult Ed with a rude remark such as, "Wrong, buffalo breath."

Well, everything you could possibly want to know about beer is on this one chart!
https://www.businessinsider.com/differe ... er-2014-12

Until next time, drink responsibly, or at least wait until you get home.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

The third of the three offerings for August from the Hop Heads Beer Club of the month
(I'm getting so far behind.) is Solar Flare from 16 Mile Brewing Company.
Cheers!

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and 16 Mile Solar Flare
Last edited by Mad Mac on Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Daveho

Post by Daveho »

Bloke wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:00 pm
The petrol bottle opener- an EDC classic.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

He's not wearing safety glasses, hearing protection or gloves, but has a fine touch.

This next beer would be a good one for him to practice on.
Registering a paltry 2.65 out of 5 on ratebeer.com, if it breaks or falls over it will be no great loss.
Some of the comments are very funny and I must confess that I agree with most of them.
Maybe I'm being harsh. Let me think... oh, it did have some lace.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard with Holland Import
Last edited by Mad Mac on Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

This beer threatened my masculinity, but not enough to stop me from drinking it.
Faithful Rat Terrier Spunky surveys her domain, on overwatch for coyotes and feral swine.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Pool Boy
Last edited by Mad Mac on Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Don't pay the ransom! I escaped.

I may have gotten behind on posting pictures of beers,
but I have been keeping up with drinking them.
Cheers!

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and a Hopjack IPA from Blackstone.
npad69

Post by npad69 »

my clipitool standard has opened more cans than bottles for me this year. i just wish the can opener was liner locked too
SG89

Post by SG89 »

npad69 wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:48 am
my clipitool standard has opened more cans than bottles for me this year. i just wish the can opener was liner locked too
Me too
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

You are correct. The slip joint can opener is inclined to... slip when a can traps it. The bottle opener does not get the same load.

The liner lock is in the center of the knife. If the bottle opener and can opener were reversed, perhaps the Company could produce a center liner with a locking spring on both ends so that the can opener could be locked. A detent ball for the can opener should not be necessary but both scales would require a relief to depress the locks.

Rarely do I need to use the can opener, however, recently I was in the field and the spray nozzle on my WD40 quit working. Gently pierced with the can opener, the slippery liquid dripped where I needed it. The ClipiTool Standard saved the day.

Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

The third selection in last months Beer of the Month Club.
If you are looking for a last minute Christmas gift idea, check it out.
I have no connection to the Club other than enjoying their craft beers.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and an Adam Bomb.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Deadline is December 31st to participate with Busch Beer in supporting the National Forest Foundation. Simply buy an Outdoors case of Busch and a portion goes toward planting trees. Drink beer and help grow a forest. It's a win, win.

If you do not want to drink a case of Busch, merely watch this Busch Beer 30 second ad on YouTube without skipping and Busch donates one dollar which will plant one tree.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Busch Light
One does not need a bottle opener for a can of beer, but the screwdriver tip can be use to lift the tab. Wouldn't want to break a nail.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

In 1995, MillerCoors launched the Blue Moon Brewing Co. in Golden
to compete in the rapidly growing microbrewery market.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard with Blue Moon Belgian White
spyderg

Post by spyderg »

If the Standard had the hook instead of the can opener and was in ctsbd1 rather than 8cr13mov I’d grab one for sure. I think it was on a YouTube vid that I heard they would look into other tool combinations so that’s a possibility, but Spyderco has spoiled me with fancy steels so I’m not feeling the 8cr...
If you're wielding the sharpest tool in the shed, who's going to say that you aren't...?