The Tactical Bottle Opener: Spyderco ClipiTool Standard

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Some1

Re: At Last, A Tactical Bottle Opener

Post by Some1 »

ThePeacent wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 6:45 am
It's always nice to see so many cultures, countries and opinions in one single place. That's why I love the Internet forums! :)

We have a beautiful country, and Europe in general is a great place to visit, but I also plan to visit the US and Cyprus like my parents did before I was born.
Yes, very nice.

Greece was okay, Italy was fun, but Spain calls me to return like no place I've been to elsewhere. If only i could speak Spanish with more than a heavy Mexican dialect I'd like to retire there. Well, there or costa rica or some island off the coast of Honduras. Or some small town outside of Boulder, Colorado living by a mountain stream. Colorado is the prettiest place in the US that i can think of but i like mountains and pines and pristine lakes and rivers.

I could offer some places in the US to visit but it's so diverse. Suggesting Rockland, Maine in the summer is so much different than San Diego, California during the same time frame. Same with suggesting Saint Augustine, Florida versus Chicago, Illinois during the Christmas season. Not to mention long plane rides just to see such diverse and honestly widely different cultures even within the same country.

All have something to offer. Just depends on what you'd like. Have fun in your travels, sir.
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

You best have a ton of money or a super high paid job if you want to live outside Boulder near a mountain stream.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
Some1

Post by Some1 »

MichaelScott wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 7:11 pm
You best have a ton of money or a super high paid job if you want to live outside Boulder near a mountain stream.
Yes, that would be true.
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Hey Some1, I would not worry about your accent. I learned most of my Spanish in Andalusia and that, overlaid on my American accent had many people in Spain thinking I was a German speaker. Go figure. As long as you can speak a few words (and you won’t have any trouble there) people will go out of their way to help you learn more. I had kind people who spoke no English teaching me more and better Spanish.

If I could, I would find a little place in Jerez or Sevilla and live there until I died.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

Team Innovation
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

Monday is Memorial Day, a day of remembrance
for those who have fallen in the service of our country.

Budweiser is supporting Folds of Honor
with their Freedom Reserve Red Lager
inspired by a recipe of George Washington.

Whatever you are drinking this weekend,
raise a glass for those who made the ultimate sacrifice
in defense of freedom.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard, Budweiser Freedom Reserve Red Lager
Last edited by Mad Mac on Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

In memory of WO Richard Jenks, USA, died at the controls of his Huey in South Vietnam December 13, 1967. Surf’s up, Chooie!

Team Innovation
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Shiner has come out with a collection of six of their limited edition craft beers.
It's a daunting task. Stay tuned to see if the ClipiTool Standard is up to the challenge.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard, Shiner Brewery Tour
Last edited by Mad Mac on Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
jacala

Post by jacala »

I just realised that I can’t deploy my bottle opener as fast as I would like.
This means I have to partake in more Coronas AND apply more oil so that
it goes into action faster.
The afore mentioned actions will result in many successful missions.😀
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

"...not because they are easy,
but because they are hard...
that challenge is one that we are willing to accept,
one we are unwilling to postpone,
and one which we intend to win..."
John F. Kennedy Moon Speech
Rice Stadium, September 12, 1962

Well done, Sir.

It also helps to vigorously twist the brown tri-angle stone
in the opening hole to take the edge off
and make it more comfortable to one's thumb.
Use only the corner opposite the groove.
If the groove catches the edge of the hole
it can make unsightly scratches. Don't ask how I know this.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Of course I must start the Brewery Tour with
the Shiner Golden Ale.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard, Shiner Golden Ale
Last edited by Mad Mac on Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

International award winning Kosmos Reserve celebrates the founder of Shiner, Kosmos Spoetzl.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard, Shiner Kosmos Reserve
Last edited by Mad Mac on Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Shiner Homespun Cream Ale tastes as good as it sounds.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard, Shiner Homespun Cream Ale
Last edited by Mad Mac on Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

If you like a hoppy IPA, you owe it to yourself to try Shiner Wicked Ram,
one of my favorites.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard, Shiner Wicked Ram
Last edited by Mad Mac on Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

A long-time favorite, Shiner Premium has a low alcohol content,
so as they say it's "sessionable". In other words, have another.
If dark beers give you a headache and IPAs seem stinky, this lager may be for you.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard, Shiner Premium
Last edited by Mad Mac on Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

this variety makes me wonder,
what have you tried out more of, beers or knives? :D
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

I've been, uh... sampling beers for more than 50 years; knives, not so much.
Beer is so much more affordable and perishable.

Actually, the selection here is very limited. My town is a small town of 1500.
My county was one of the last "dry" counties in Texas and it is still not "wet".
There is no liquor store in the county. Only wine and beer are available.
That makes it a "damp" county.

There are a dozen different kinds of liquor licenses in Texas,
and they are voted in on a municipality or county precinct by precinct basis.
It was only this year that my town had its first restaurant that could serve beer.

During prohibition, Shiner survived by legally brewing near beer and selling ice.
Once known as a lawnmower beer, they were almost out of business like other regional brewers
when the ownership changed hands just in time to catch the wave for craft beers.
Now they are one of the largest regional brewers in the country.

Cheers!
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Did you miss me?

Last but not least, Black Lager concludes our Shiner Brewery Tour.
"Don't be afraid of the dark."

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard, Shiner Black Lager
Last edited by Mad Mac on Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Didn't get to use my bottle opener last night.
This enlightened and foamy oasis in the next county has 18 beers on tap!

The Pint and Barrel in Palestine, Texas. (The locals pronounce it palace-steen.)
500Nitro

Post by 500Nitro »

ThePeacent wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:43 am
this variety makes me wonder,
what have you tried out more of, beers or knives? :D
I can honestly say I've tried/used/owned more guns and knives than I've tried/drunk beers !
3 x Endura 1 SE, 1 x Endura ? CE and a Black Pacific Salt. Want Aqua Salt, Fish Hunter and a Pacific Salt Yellow.
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin