The Tactical Bottle Opener: Spyderco ClipiTool Standard

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
nugi

Re: The Tactical Bottle Opener: Spyderco ClipiTool Standard

Post by nugi »

Attachments
051BB7BD-2832-4732-A6EE-4D9A42C006A1.jpeg
Wire clip me. Wire clip now. Me a wire clip needing a lot now.
Crux

Post by Crux »

Pepsi? Really?

I can see Dr Pepper, but Pepsi? Seriously?
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

At least nugi has a friend to drink with. Evidently the rest of us drink alone.

Meanwhile, back at the Super Bowl, after years of heartwarming commercials with Clydesdales and Dalmatians, Budweiser chose to waste their five million dollar spots on snarky ads shaming Miller and Coors for using corn syrup.

Have no fear, my beer swilling comrades. The brewing process removes the sugars and the result is... wait for it... almost there... beer!

Back in the bad old days, Bud was considered an inferior beer because they use rice. Anheuser Busch is the largest purchaser of rice in the United States. Pick your poison.

And to Budweiser I say, bring back the Clydesdales and Dalmations.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
Mom3ntuM

Post by Mom3ntuM »

1549622381741177.jpg
Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.
James Dean
Mom3ntuM

Post by Mom3ntuM »

Didn't need the clipitool but used it anyways..
Probably the best American beer you can get your hands on in Norway.
Dogfish head does not export beer to europe, if they did one of their Ipa's would have been the best, at least for me.
How do you know you SAY?, i was in New york a couple of years ago and tasted them all, i even bought an extra suitcase which i filled with dogfish head beers and brought with me home (probably the most expensive beer i ever bought) :)
So i have to make do with Stone brewery.. This was actually brewed in Berlin tough.
15496489675419.jpg
James Dean
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

When I was in high school in the early 60s, I can remember listening to the Daytona 500 on the radio with a classmate. His people were Ford people. Mine Chrysler. Back then, stock cars were actually production cars. That stopped with the end of the homologation rule in 1970 and that is when I lost interest in NASCAR. Now we can watch the races on TV. Hard to believe televised races did not start until 1979. So what does this have to do with beer, you ask.

Busch beer has made 40 beer cans out of sheet metal and carbon fiber from the 2018 race car driven by Kevin Harvick to observe their 40th anniversary of sponsoring the Daytona 500 this year. Viewers today have a chance to win a few of the cans by tweeting answers to trivia questions aired during the race. Good luck with that.
http://www.thedrive.com/accelerator/264 ... aytona-500

1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

This is the final selection from the last beer club package. :(

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and O'so Hop Dinger
Mom3ntuM

Post by Mom3ntuM »

Oh crap,,, snapped when tightening a screw.
😲
can still open beers though :)
IMG_20190228_134848.jpg
James Dean
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

You Vikings don't know your own strength.

It's a bit chilly yet to be thinking about a Summer Shandy,
but in my ceaseless search to bring you new brews
I found this lemony pilsner. Skol!

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Shiner Lemon PILS
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Another care package from BOM arrived just in the nick of time before I went into withdrawal.
Get Jaded.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Foothills Brewing Jade IPA
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Mom3ntuM wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:52 am
😲
IMG_20190228_134848.jpg
Hi, Mom3ntuM:
Ouch! Have you gotten in touch with Warranty & Repair? I would definitely send a quick e-mail with the image and a description of what happened. Be sure to include that you're not in the U.S. You can e-mail customerservice@spyderco.com to reach our crew. I'm sorry to see this, must have been one heck of a screw!

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Mom3ntuM

Post by Mom3ntuM »

TazKristi wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:07 pm
Mom3ntuM wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:52 am
😲
IMG_20190228_134848.jpg
Hi, Mom3ntuM:
Ouch! Have you gotten in touch with Warranty & Repair? I would definitely send a quick e-mail with the image and a description of what happened. Be sure to include that you're not in the U.S. You can e-mail customerservice@spyderco.com to reach our crew. I'm sorry to see this, must have been one heck of a screw!

Kristi
Hi Kristi, thank you for Reading and answer my post. As a selfproclaimed knifeabuser I am not faulting the product, It Was a stuck screw on my mudbox That did It and i should Have found a better suited tool. I see now That my post could be viewed as a complaint, That Was not my intention. I Will try to be more critical about what i post, I am very satisfied with the spyderco products i own, and thats why i keep buying Them. :)

Bear Eric
James Dean
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Here's to the last wintry blast of the season, we can hope.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Foothills Brewing Company Frostbite Black IPA
Mom3ntuM

Post by Mom3ntuM »

:)
:)
James Dean
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Clever Norseman. That might sell.

Meanwhile, Wednesday was the vernal equinox.
I toasted winter farewell, removed the top and doors from my Jeep Wrangler
and enjoyed the first day of spring.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Harpoon Winter Warmer

The scalloped carving on the stick in the picture was done by a beaver.
Could that be the inspiration for scalloped knife scales?
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Recently I returned from a visit to Owasso, Oklahoma, with some craft beer brewed in Tulsa.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Marshall Brewing Company Sundown Wheat

The deer antler above is a "shed". It's hard to believe, but bucks lose their antlers every year and grow a whole new rack. The explosive growth has been traced to the same type of cell found in cancer tumors. Sheds are difficult to find in this neck of the woods because critters eat them. This one has had the tips gnawed off by the squirrels in my yard.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

In a restaurant in Owasso, I had my 6-year old grandson ask the waitress for a Moose Drool.
It's from Montana but I knew he would get a kick out of it.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Big Sky Moose Drool Brown Ale
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

While visiting Owasso, we drove a stretch of historic Route 66 and then stopped to eat at a popular Mexican restaurant. Previously on this thread, I've pictured the Standard with three different varieties of Corona, but none of which was a Corona Light. Now that gap is filled, and a Corona gets its lime.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Corona Light
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

This is the other beer I imported from Oklahoma and finished last week.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Marshall Brewing Company Atlas IPA

This weekend, it was a little difficult to get out to the picnic table.

That is not snow. It's hail.
Supacede

Post by Supacede »

To take nothing away from the cleverness and innovation of Spyderco I think it needs to be mentioned that any Spyder hole can be used to pry a bottle top with minimal effort..

Over the years I've opened countless bottles mainly with my Caly 3s while holding bottle neck by wedging my non dominant index fingers main knuckle under the cap and, using that as a pivot, with dominant hand wedging the crest of the spyder hole both directly on top of said knuckle and against the bottom edge of bottle cap.

Lever it up a couple times against your finger and cap's popped.

Guessing others do this, too, but seems to have been lost in this thread.

Beers look good btw.