Let's get hyped for the Amalgam!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Brown_Recluse

Re: Let's get hyped for the Amalgam!

Post by Brown_Recluse »

I figured it would be soon. Keith Kevin Ken said he was getting 2 brand new knives this week and I know the Techno 2 is about to drop as well.
CPM S90V
Maxamet
CPM-M4
M390
CPM 20CV
Lc200N
CPM-S45VN
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

I'm definitely glad this is finally here! Now if only the Province would show :cool:

James

It's here...https://www.dlttrading.com/spyderco-amalgam
gundamaniac

Post by gundamaniac »

I'm interested to hear what keithkevinken thinks. He seems to have quite a few knives pass through his hands.

Looking forward to seeing these drop in the US, should be really soon now (edit: just saw Extra's post about DLT, looks like they're available now!). Can't wait to read the feedback (for better or worse) and learn some more about what does and doesn't work :spyder:
Brown_Recluse

Post by Brown_Recluse »

Extra330SC wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:18 pm
I'm definitely glad this is finally here! Now if only the Province would show :cool:

James

It's here...https://www.dlttrading.com/spyderco-amalgam
Nice!! I have one pre-ordered from Knife Center. Hopefully they get them in next! I feel like I've been waiting for a year for it... Oh wait, I have! :D
CPM S90V
Maxamet
CPM-M4
M390
CPM 20CV
Lc200N
CPM-S45VN
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Looks NGK has these now too.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

Nice! I may have to shuffle some things around in my collection to bring this one aboard sooner rather than later. End of year is always a little more expensive!
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
Brown_Recluse

Post by Brown_Recluse »

In stock at GP Knives now. They're slowly trickling in.
CPM S90V
Maxamet
CPM-M4
M390
CPM 20CV
Lc200N
CPM-S45VN
skybladefromthe

Post by skybladefromthe »

I had put a downpayment on the Amalgam about 8 months ago. I wasn't expecting it because of a bunch of changes I made to preorders. But a note came from BHQ a few days ago that it's been shipped. YAY! Still available from GPK, 10:42 am PST.
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

They're up at Knifeworks now too.
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

Just ordered one from Rivers Edege Cutlery. :)
"No matter where you go, there you are"
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

Brown_Recluse wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:50 am
I figured it would be soon. Keith Kevin Ken said he was getting 2 brand new knives this week and I know the Techno 2 is about to drop as well.
He said one was a spring so I'm thinking CS exclusives and Rex 45 millie, not sure what the 4th will be but I think I saw the amalgam at a UK retailer or something? I can't remember exactly but those are my guesses
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
Brown_Recluse

Post by Brown_Recluse »

koenigsegg wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:19 pm
Brown_Recluse wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:50 am
He said one was a spring so I'm thinking CS exclusives and Rex 45 millie, not sure what the 4th will be but I think I saw the amalgam at a UK retailer or something? I can't remember exactly but those are my guesses
I thought he said that 2 were variations and 2 were brand new knives. Idk, I'd have to watch it again to be sure.
CPM S90V
Maxamet
CPM-M4
M390
CPM 20CV
Lc200N
CPM-S45VN
radiopej

Post by radiopej »

I'm actually really annoyed at KnifeCenter. I pre-ordered, but they've been lazy with sending out the weekly update that lets me know they haven't lost the order since the beginning of November. There's people in forums who already have them delivered, and KC doesn't even have them in stock yet. I know it's not their fault, but I'm regretting ordering through them and not Blade HQ. At least I know for next time.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

The 4 knives released to CC members this week were the Rex45 Military, the two Cutlery Shoppe Para 3 exclusives and the Amalgam.
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

radiopej wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:47 pm
I'm actually really annoyed at KnifeCenter. I pre-ordered, but they've been lazy with sending out the weekly update that lets me know they haven't lost the order since the beginning of November. There's people in forums who already have them delivered, and KC doesn't even have them in stock yet. I know it's not their fault, but I'm regretting ordering through them and not Blade HQ. At least I know for next time.
Settle down. All retailers aren't getting them at exactly the same time. Some people freak out as soon as they see others getting theirs. Be patient, you'll get it. Please tell me you didn't pre-order just a few weeks ago and expect it in your hands as one of the first to receive one? These have been available for pre-order for almost a year now.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Brown_Recluse

Post by Brown_Recluse »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:48 pm
The 4 knives released to CC members this week were the Rex45 Military, the two Cutlery Shoppe Para 3 exclusives and the Amalgam.
I thought that CC members got knives before John Q. Public. The Red 45 Millie has been out for a couple weeks at least.
CPM S90V
Maxamet
CPM-M4
M390
CPM 20CV
Lc200N
CPM-S45VN
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Brown_Recluse wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:37 am
I thought that CC members got knives before John Q. Public. The Red 45 Millie has been out for a couple weeks at least.
It often happens that CC members get certain models first by a week or two, but many come through after the general release. I have yet to see the CC SS Kopas released (one I’m REALLY waiting for!).
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

Got one of these inbound!
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
Brown_Recluse

Post by Brown_Recluse »

curlyhairedboy wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:49 am
Got one of these inbound!
Me too! Hopefully I'll have it Monday! I haven't looked forward to something this much in a while lol
CPM S90V
Maxamet
CPM-M4
M390
CPM 20CV
Lc200N
CPM-S45VN
Brown_Recluse

Post by Brown_Recluse »

gundamaniac wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:02 pm
I'm interested to hear what keithkevinken thinks. He seems to have quite a few knives pass through his hands.

Looking forward to seeing these drop in the US, should be really soon now (edit: just saw Extra's post about DLT, looks like they're available now!). Can't wait to read the feedback (for better or worse) and learn some more about what does and doesn't work :spyder:
Keithkevinken's first impressions video is up. I'd say he likes it :)
CPM S90V
Maxamet
CPM-M4
M390
CPM 20CV
Lc200N
CPM-S45VN