Sprint Run Burled Manix 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
BDNX

Re: Sprint Run Burled Manix 2

Post by BDNX »

I like that one a lot. I used to have the blacked out dlc M2 years ago. Wish I still did.
500Nitro

Post by 500Nitro »

tvenuto wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 3:41 pm
Yea no joy on those scales. My heart jumped when I saw “burled” because I thought that meant stabilized wood. I’ll pass.
That makes 2 of us.

I would love a Spyderco with Burled scales. I can get the Red gum Burl, just need someone to make them.
3 x Endura 1 SE, 1 x Endura ? CE and a Black Pacific Salt. Want Aqua Salt, Fish Hunter and a Pacific Salt Yellow.
MMGRenovations

Post by MMGRenovations »

I remember I had said I didn’t like the scales but I remember them being textured. I saw a video in the Rex 45 thread showing the Rex 45 PM2 followed by the Manix. The scales looked polished and imo they look a lot better that way. I’ll wait to see them in person before I make my final judgement.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

They look a lot better polished than textured IMO too
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Actually, I do not think they look bad. Unusual, but I have seen some really off the wall customizations get praise on this forum, so I do not think this is too far out.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Conan

Post by Conan »

I like this knife!
Joey

Post by Joey »

I picked one up for $127 after tax at campsaver.com. They’re having a sale this weekend. 20% off your order, and they are only asking $150 for this burled G10 version
UrbanMoose

Post by UrbanMoose »

I like it.
toxophilus

Post by toxophilus »

Joey wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:59 pm
I picked one up for $127 after tax at campsaver.com. They’re having a sale this weekend. 20% off your order, and they are only asking $150 for this burled G10 version
Thx for the heads up; saved $$ by ordering through Campsaver :spyder:
Joey

Post by Joey »

No problem! Sale is actually active until 9/3/18, but this Manix 2 is now $170 on their site. Free shipping is an option, which is nice for the patient ones.

Looks like it’s a “smooth” G10, which is interesting. I would expect a texture on nearly any knife made of G10, but with that marbled look I am willing to bet it will present extremely well. Come to think of it, I’ll bet it will show wear much more slowly than a solid colored, textured G10. Goodness, and the DLC coating throughout :eek: slowly becoming a less patient consumer! I’m glad their warehouse is within 50 miles from me.

Does anyone have one of these in their possession yet?
Nate

Post by Nate »

Joey wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:27 pm

I don't have one but there's a couple pics in the other thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=80640
:spyder:
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

Joey wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:27 pm
No problem! Sale is actually active until 9/3/18, but this Manix 2 is now $170 on their site. Free shipping is an option, which is nice for the patient ones.

Looks like it’s a “smooth” G10, which is interesting. I would expect a texture on nearly any knife made of G10, but with that marbled look I am willing to bet it will present extremely well. Come to think of it, I’ll bet it will show wear much more slowly than a solid colored, textured G10. Goodness, and the DLC coating throughout :eek: slowly becoming a less patient consumer! I’m glad their warehouse is within 50 miles from me.

The knife is very nice! The scales are smooth but very different then the PM2 smooth G10 cruwear (both pictured). I tried getting the light reflecting off the scales to show the difference between the finish of the two.

James
Attachments
2018-08-20 17.32.32.jpg
Joey

Post by Joey »

Extra330SC wrote: The knife is very nice! The scales are smooth but very different then the PM2 smooth G10 cruwear (both pictured). I tried getting the light reflecting off the scales to show the difference between the finish of the two.

James
Looks great, I’m excited! Seems to have a solid feel vs a textured G10, would I be right? Almost like a polished wood vs micarta if I had to exaggerate for explanations sake. Thanks for the picture. I clicked on the image and was able to see a much clearer image. I’ve been polishing my S90V Native’s edge (also dlc coated) since it didn’t come razor sharp from the factory, and I wanted to see if it could be done easily if my Manix 2 arrives the same way. It takes a sweet edge!
Thanks Nate, there is a nice picture in that thread :)
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

Joey wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:30 pm
Extra330SC wrote: The knife is very nice! The scales are smooth but very different then the PM2 smooth G10 cruwear (both pictured). I tried getting the light reflecting off the scales to show the difference between the finish of the two.

James
Seems to have a solid feel vs a textured G10, would I be right? Almost like a polished wood vs micarta if I had to exaggerate for explanations sake.
Exactly. ...perfectly stated!

James
Joey

Post by Joey »

Awesome, sounds sweet since it looks like wood :) I was initially imagining a medium-soft textured G10. This will be special.
Extra330SC

Post by Extra330SC »

Joey wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:37 pm
Awesome, sounds sweet since it looks like wood :) I was initially imagining a medium-soft textured G10. This will be special.
Definitely cool! I like that each knife has its own unique pattern too. Mine came very sharp (not hair whittling like PM2 Rex 45) with perfect fit and finish.

James