No love for the Lil Native?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sharp Guy

Re: No love for the Lil Native?

Post by Sharp Guy »

ABX2011 wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:37 am
...It's likely there will be at least one exclusive or sprint of the Lil' Native.
Hard to say but a sprint or exclusive is kind of what I'm waiting for. I'm sure I'll end up with one either way but I'd rather have an upgraded version of the comp lock version.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

As soon as I received the comp lock version, I knew I would prefer the back lock version and sold it... But when the back lock dropped the awesome wire clip was gone :( I understand that the lanyard hole spoon clip is more "Nativey" but it made me pause... Right now I'm Lil Nativeless.

Probably will buy a backlock sprint at some point and carry it clipless.
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

abbazaba wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:46 pm
As soon as I received the comp lock version, I knew I would prefer the back lock version and sold it... But when the back lock dropped the awesome wire clip was gone :( I understand that the lanyard hole spoon clip is more "Nativey" but it made me pause... Right now I'm Lil Nativeless.

Probably will buy a backlock sprint at some point and carry it clipless.
Funny, but not having a wire clip is the main hangup keeping me from wanting the kickback version. I just feel that a knife that small should have as small a footprint as possible, and I'd gladly do without tip up carry for a knife that carries deeper.
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Same here. I prefer a back lock but I think the wire clip is the best choice for a Lil' Native. I was disappointed to see it gone from the back lock version. I think it was an odd choice to go with the standard clip. Perhaps the decision to make the clip moveable to the four corners was the reason.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

MichaelScott wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:35 pm
Same here. I prefer a back lock but I think the wire clip is the best choice for a Lil' Native. I was disappointed to see it gone from the back lock version. I think it was an odd choice to go with the standard clip. Perhaps the decision to make the clip moveable to the four corners was the reason.
Same here. Wire clip on the backlock would have been preferred. As far as sprints/exclusives/next models, I can see maybe adding these to the blurple s110v lineup...maybe maxamet since their small blade size might not be as problematic and they seem to have the maxamet Native lw dialed in. maybe an orange rex45 sprint. maybe cruwear (my vote of course). maybe BHQ will do an M4/Jade run. maybe DLT will do a red/m390 run. maybe cutlery shoppe will do orange and s90v. maybe a PPCF / 52100 sprint. the possibilities are endless. i just hope they do something as i feel a lot of people are waiting on a non-s30v model before they take the plunge on these...myself included. id buy any of the ones mentioned.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
attila

Post by attila »

I wonder when the blurple and sprints of the compression lock will arrive... That's what I'm waiting for.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
Smeadism

Post by Smeadism »

Perfect Office Carry
Spyderco Shaman, Lil Native & Rescue 79mm Orange handle (work knife)
waiting ever so patiently for the McBee to come out
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Finally caved and ordered the DLC Comp Lock Lil Native. The Native is my favorite model and the DF2 is close behind, so barring any ergonomics issues, I assume I will like this one as well. Couldnt hold out for a sprint any longer. Will update with my thoughts after I receive it. Cant wait!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Good for you. I have been focused on the Lil’ Native comp lock since it dropped. Kind of an obsession, lol. I regret that I did not fondle one at SFO a few weeks back but I i had other stuff on my mind and was kind of unfocused. Next time though. Looking forward to your comments. I need more more info!
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Got my Lil Native Comp Lock and I like it so much I just took advantage of the campsaver.com coupon to order the backlock version. I have a feeling that im going to lile the backlock version even more, but time will tell. I do miss the jimping though and I really feel that this should be a CQI update. Choil and spine jimping would really make this pretty much a perfect little knife.

If you like the Native and Dragonfly then you definitely need to try a Lil Native. Its the basically the love child of these.

I cant wait until we start seeing some sprints and exclusives, and im REALLY hoping for an FRN Lil Native LW Salt in LC200N and then future FRN Lil Native LWs in non-salt steels like Cruwear.
BigGrove

Post by BigGrove »

steelcity16 wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:02 am
I do miss the jimping though and I really feel that this should be a CQI update. Choil and spine jimping would really make this pretty much a perfect little knife.
The Lil Native has jimping on the spine. Just a lil but it does have some.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

BigGrove wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:20 am
steelcity16 wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:02 am
I do miss the jimping though and I really feel that this should be a CQI update. Choil and spine jimping would really make this pretty much a perfect little knife.
The Lil Native has jimping on the spine. Just a lil but it does have some.

Yeah, it does have a very small amount, but im talking about wanting it to extend further up the spine to where the grind begins above the hole like on the Native.