LC200N Pacific Salt

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
brj

LC200N Pacific Salt

Post by brj »

Overabundance of joy after seeing this, as the Pacific Salt has been my main summer edc for more than 10 years now.
attila wrote:"What's Spyderco is in your pocket response":
sal wrote:LC200N Pacific Salt.

sal
:eek:
I hope we'll see FFG and a more acute point, something akin to the one at the very bottom of the pic below *crosses fingers*

BTW, full flat H1 is a joy in use, my first generation PacSalt purchased back in 2006 (mid pic) really shone after a 'zero grind' treatment.

What would you like to see on the new LC200N Pacific Salt?
shaztec

Re: LC200N Pacific Salt

Post by shaztec »

A release date haha
shaztecs_knives on instagram
elena86

Post by elena86 »

Not interested in this one.I love my hollow grind Pac Salts in spyderedge.I own a few grinded with a pointy tip by my enabler Lance.
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
vivi

Post by vivi »

FFG & pointy tip is exactly what I'm hoping for. I regrind the tip on every single Salt folder I've used, even Tasman Salts :p Also hoping for black FRN handles as an option...saves me the trouble of dying them.

Even if it's saber ground I'll be buying one. I've been waiting for LC200N to be used in a model I like, and the Pacific Salt is my most frequently carried Spyderco. I've always wanted to get one reground to FFG.
:unicorn
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

It'll most likely have the strong tip, which is good. Less breakage for underwater prying, etc. It's quite easy to make it pointy if you like it that way. I have 2 regular tips and 2 pointy. Did and early model with the stepped jimping back around when they first came out. Also did an early model Salt 1. I like them both ways. I just hope this LC200N actually holds an edge. Anyone know what it's comparable to in the edge holding department?

Last edited by Jazz on Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
- best wishes, Jazz.
NickShabazz

Post by NickShabazz »

LC200N is one of the best EDC steels around right now, so additional availability in other models will be great. And a lightweight, LC200N Delica-ish knife? Oh yeah.
Mourning the Slysz Bowie and loving the rest of Spyderco's gems. Check out my reviews at https://www.youtube.com/c/nickshabazz!
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

well what can I say, FFG LC200N in whatever color and flavor of the month, I'm in love with this model

I don't usually grind all the spine to a pointy tip, but rather make a swedge in the front portion of the blade

vivi

Post by vivi »

Jazz wrote:It'll most likely have the strong tip, which is good. Less breakage for underwater prying, etc.
I can count the number of times I've pried with my Pacific Salt under water on no hands :D
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Vivi wrote: I can count the number of times I've pried with my Pacific Salt under water on no hands :D
I knew someone would say that. It is a SALT knife, as in ocean, diving, and whatnot. Just speculating here, funny guy. :D
- best wishes, Jazz.
vivi

Post by vivi »

Jazz wrote:
Vivi wrote: I can count the number of times I've pried with my Pacific Salt under water on no hands :D
I knew someone would say that. It is a SALT knife, as in ocean, diving, and whatnot. Just speculating here, funny guy. :D
I could be wrong but I think with the Pacific Salt & Salt 1/2, the tips are blunted for safety while cutting on a boat, as opposed to tip strength. Just like the sheepsfoot Salts all have blunt tips compared to knives like the Yojimbo.

It wouldn't make sense to give an "H1 Endura" a thicker tip than a VG10 Endura 4 (FFG or saber ground, both have less blunting than a Pacific Salt) since H1 is much tougher than VG10, ZDP189, S30V etc.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

I though I remembered Sal saying it was a strengthened tip, but I could be wrong.
- best wishes, Jazz.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

It holds an edge just fine for me :D
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

The LC200N Pacific Salt is a must buy for me if it is in plain edge. I hope it comes in black and has a little bit more point.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
tonijedi

Post by tonijedi »

Hoping for a LC200N PE Salt2 as well.
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

Doc Dan wrote:The LC200N Pacific Salt is a must buy for me if it is in plain edge. I hope it comes in black and has a little bit more point.
Black and yellow please :D with a point like that in the pic posted above. Thanks Elena86
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Jazz wrote:I just hope this LC200N actually holds an edge. Anyone know what it's comparable to in the edge holding department?
Jazz, I think Lance has concluded that the edge-holding on his pointified SpydieChef is somewhere between VG10 and S30V (favoring the latter?).

Seems about right to me, but my uses are hardly as demanding as the Gringo's

I can tell you that edge-holding on my 20 DPS PE Pacific Salt is pathetic compared to the Chef at the same DPS.

I'll soon follow Vivi's lead and take my PE Pacific Salt to a more acute single bevel and look for edge-holding improvement.
-Marc (pocketing an M4 Sage5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
thewoodpecker

Post by thewoodpecker »

Wondering if this is going to have a classic Pac handle or a Salt 2 (Endura) handle?
Spyderco Caly 3.5 Super Blue user, Astute enthusiast, and geometry advocate.
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

LC200N PM2 would be amazing. Pretty much my, and I know many others grail!
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

I absolutely love Salts, and I absolutely love H1, both PE and SE. That said, I am very excited about this one. As others have said, FFG and a pointy tip are my wishes. Both, or either, and I'm buying. We'll see if it is the newer E4 handle or not, but my guess is it will be.
Chinook3

Post by Chinook3 »

This knife will be awesome! :spyder:
Spyderco is kicking butt!!
My response is "Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there, it just means you can't see it". Sal G.