701 Profiles? Who Else Likes Them? Return Again?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JD Spydo

701 Profiles? Who Else Likes Them? Return Again?

Post by JD Spydo »

Just this morning I was fine tuning the wicked edges on my ATS-55 era, Stainless RESCUE model and I was of course using my Spyderco 701 Profiles. OK I can already hear a bunch of you saying that it's a lot faster to sharpen Spyderedges on the 204 Sharpmaker :rolleyes: and to some degree I'll go along with that . But the quality of the edge I attain using my 701 Profile kit makes it virtually like they came from the factory which I really like :cool: .

Not only for Spyderedges I find the 701 Profiles to be an extremely handy sharpening tool for all kinds of edges and different edged tools as well. I heard some time back that Spyderco does plan a Sprint Run of them and the "Sooner The Better" is all I can say to that. I want to know how many of you here still like the 701 Profiles and what do you all use them for?

Also what other grits would you like to see them made in if they were to return to the main line up? Personally I would like to see "diamond, CBN and Ultra-Fine to go along with the 3 sets I already have. What say all of you?
sal

Re: 701 Profiles? Who Else Likes Them? Return Again?

Post by sal »

Hi JD,

I'm sorry and embarrassed to say that the vendor lost the tooling for the originals and is having to re-engineer the tooling. They are slow so this could take awhile. Apologies :o

sal
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

sal wrote:Hi JD,

I'm sorry and embarrassed to say that the vendor lost the tooling for the originals and is having to re-engineer the tooling. They are slow so this could take awhile. Apologies :o

sal
That's a little disappointing but I can wait. :D
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

sal wrote:Hi JD,

sal
Running a great company as complex as yours is I can understand>> believe me I can understand.. But if the Sprint Run 701 Profiles are indeed on the back burner then can we expect the GAUNTLET to be available soon? I'm just really anxious for another Spyderco sharpening tool to experiment with ;)

Being the 701 Profiles are in a hiatus I do hope that some of the other new stuff will be coming our way >> I'm also looking forward to the newer Galley V kit as well.

Thanks for keeping us posted Sir and we'll patiently wait ;)