The Waterway Will Be Mine...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
FullCircleHook

The Waterway Will Be Mine...

Post by FullCircleHook »

Mua ha ha ha

In all seriousness, I love the blade shape and that it's in LC200N. Great job Surfingringo!

I was all set to get a Sprig for my birthday (shortly after Christmas) and now I'm all confused. haha
dtoad

Re: The Waterway Will Be Mine...

Post by dtoad »

Congrats Lance, looks killer. Can't wait to have one in my possession.....
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Thanks guys. I’m excited to hear some thoughts once folks get them in hand and start using them. I’m enjoying mine. ;)

dtoad

Post by dtoad »

Those G10 handles, yes. Sounds like you guys put a few different designs to use in testing?
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

Congratulations Lance!

The one you have is prototype? Appears on first double pages of FB Salt on the catalog ! :cool:
Chris :spyder:
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

anagarika wrote:Congratulations Lance!

The one you have is prototype? Appears on first double pages of FB Salt on the catalog ! :cool:
Chris, the one I have is the same as the one on pages 116-117 and will be the final product. The one pictured with the description is actually a photo of an earlier prototype and is quite different. I am guessing that photo was used by mistake?
vivi

Post by vivi »

dat tip...
:unicorn
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

This will be my first LC knife. Looking forward to it. :)
anagarika

Post by anagarika »

Surfingringo wrote:

Chris, the one I have is the same as the one on pages 116-117 and will be the final product. The one pictured with the description is actually a photo of an earlier prototype and is quite different. I am guessing that photo was used by mistake?
Hopefully the mistake gets corrected. Others also noticed error in Respect thickness, picture of Paul’s new Parata, etc.
Chris :spyder:
Igi964

Post by Igi964 »

Great job, Lance. Congratulations. Really like this knife. Hope price will be affordable.
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Nice work, Lance!
I’m looking forward to hearing all about the thinking behind the design and it’s evolution, please.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Congrats brother!!! Looks good.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

ChrisinHove wrote:Nice work, Lance!
I’m looking forward to hearing all about the thinking behind the design and it’s evolution, please.
Hi Chris, I will definitely do a write up (and possibly a video) on the design. This is a purpose designed knife and every aspect of it was designed for a reason. I tried really hard not to limit the knife with the design though. I love multi-purpose and utilitarian tools and I tried to design a knife that would be capable of performing the widest array of tasks possible while still fulfilling my more specific needs. What I discovered along the way is that the set of features and characteristics that make a good knife for my outdoor and fishing needs also make for a very useful utilitarian/EDC fixed blade. I’ll post a detailed write up once the knife gets closer to release.
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

Congrats again! It's great to see the "circle of knife" in action as customers become designers!
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Surfingringo wrote:

It’s the better looking of the two, for sure.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I am anxious to see the price point on this one.

I am super excited to see that it is made in the USA. :) A Golden made fixed blade that looks like I have some uses for. Woo hoo!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

Surfingringo wrote:

Thanks for clarifying this, I was confused (which is easy for me :o ) I didn't like the proto where the finger guard was not covered by the scales. It also looked like it had less cutting edge. Liking the one you have pictured next to the mac. Any vague idea when this might be released? Hopefully this will be released sooner rather than later.
Archimedes

Post by Archimedes »

I will pick one up when available. Looks like a great design.
Demon85z

Post by Demon85z »

After this comes out my fish hunter may collect rust...wait...h1...i meant dust haha ill likely move the fish hunter on my body and the waterway mounted on the kayak...so stoked for this!!! Our salt prayers have been answered!!! Excellent job to all involved with this!!
:bug-red-white I collect them all, and use them all! I use the excuse, "I'm trying to find the perfect one", but in reality, they are all perfect in their own way!
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

And here is my question for you, Lance, and others: When compared to the Fish Hunter, what are the positive and negative differences in using the one over the other? For example, could the Fish Hunter and Waterway be used interchangeably for the same basic tasks such as braining the fish, filleting and butchering the fish, general purpose marine cutting tasks, or, are there some tasks where one would do better over the other? Also, in terms of physical strength for the tips and edges and main body of the blade, which of the two do you think would be more resistant over the long term to cracks and chips and breakage within reasonable use?