Sal, would a Native 5 LW in Cruwear

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
m4d

Re: Sal, would a Native 5 LW in Cruwear

Post by m4d »

I'd be in for at least one also. Would be interested in just about anything with Cruwear.
T_MAC686

Post by T_MAC686 »

I think a LW Cruwear series in maroon FRN/FRCP would be awesome! Manix 2, Native, Delica, Dragonfly...
Maniax

Post by Maniax »

Absolute yes to Cruwwear! I have the Millie, PM2 and Para 3. A Native and Manix would be very welcome!
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Maniax wrote:Absolute yes to Cruwwear! I have the Millie, PM2 and Para 3. A Native and Manix would be very welcome!
Welcome to the forum Maniax, there are two Manix2's with CruWear now. ;)
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
T_MAC686

Post by T_MAC686 »

farnorthdan wrote:Welcome to the forum Maniax, there are two Manix2's with CruWear now. ;)
Yes, but neither are LW versions! ;)
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

T_MAC686 wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:Welcome to the forum Maniax, there are two Manix2's with CruWear now. ;)
Yes, but neither are LW versions! ;)
True, guess we were talking LW's, I would grab a LW CruWear for sure, not a big fan of the LW's but haven't be able to resist any of the CruWear pieces.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

Hoping for a linerless solid G10 Native or backlock Manix in Cruwear!
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
elena86

Post by elena86 »

CPM-Cruwear being my all time fav steel I might be interested in a LW Native5 in this steel but not very excited.I never liked the looks of the N5 and how it feels in my hand.A light grey G10 backlock Manix2 in CW ....that's another story :eek: I would be VERY interested :cool:

Marius
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

A linerless g10 Native5 in Cruwear would be a must buy for me.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

elena86 wrote:CPM-Cruwear being my all time fav steel I might be interested in a LW Native5 in this steel but not very excited.I never liked the looks of the N5 and how it feels in my hand.A light grey G10 backlock Manix2 in CW ....that's another story :eek: I would be VERY interested :cool:

Marius
I'm pretty much with Marius here. I love Cruwear and for non "salt" activities it is probably my favorite steel. I just can't find much love for the Native design. The funny thing is, I totally get the love and I always feel like I SHOULD like the design. I like all the features, I like the lock, I like the size, and unlike Marius, I even like the looks of it. But I have bought two of them trying make it an edc and I have just never been able to warm up to the design. I think it is a combination of handle shape and blade shape that just make this knife not feel right for ME. My Native sits gathering dust while my pm3 gets carried most every day now. So I'm all over the idea of more cruwear but if I'm honest, I've already got a pm3, pm2 and millie in cruwear so my needs are pretty well covered. If anything, I'd like to see them use Cruwear as a regular production steel just so I could have confidence that I could get replacements if I ever need them.
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Surfingringo wrote:
elena86 wrote:CPM-Cruwear being my all time fav steel I might be interested in a LW Native5 in this steel but not very excited.I never liked the looks of the N5 and how it feels in my hand.A light grey G10 backlock Manix2 in CW ....that's another story :eek: I would be VERY interested :cool:

Marius
I'm pretty much with Marius here. I love Cruwear and for non "salt" activities it is probably my favorite steel. I just can't find much love for the Native design. The funny thing is, I totally get the love and I always feel like I SHOULD like the design. I like all the features, I like the lock, I like the size, and unlike Marius, I even like the looks of it. But I have bought two of them trying make it an edc and I have just never been able to warm up to the design. I think it is a combination of handle shape and blade shape that just make this knife not feel right for ME. My Native sits gathering dust while my pm3 gets carried most every day now. So I'm all over the idea of more cruwear but if I'm honest, I've already got a pm3, pm2 and millie in cruwear so my needs are pretty well covered. If anything, I'd like to see them use Cruwear as a regular production steel just so I could have confidence that I could get replacements if I ever need them.
What about a LW Manix then?
attila

Post by attila »

twinboysdad wrote:
Surfingringo wrote:

Marius
What about a LW Manix then?
As standard production, I (and many others I'm sure) would absolutely be game for a Manix LW in CPM Cruwear!!!
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
setldown

Post by setldown »

sal wrote:I'd like one as well. Lisa also wants one also. I'll see what I can do.

sal
Sal opens office door................lol

ConspicuousConsumption

Post by ConspicuousConsumption »

What kind of price are we expecting, if it happens?
The first time I saw a Spyderco was the early 90s at a knife shop in a mall. I can still see the SpydieHoles through that glass display cabinet. My parents wouldn't buy any of them for me... so now I buy them all. :spyder:
Slumblor

Post by Slumblor »

ConspicuousConsumption wrote:What kind of price are we expecting, if it happens?
The Cruwear offerings seem to be pretty reasonably priced. The Para 3 was only a little more than the standard production. And considering the S90V CS exclusive is only 96, I would think a Cruwear would be in that range. Just a guess.
ConspicuousConsumption

Post by ConspicuousConsumption »

Slumblor wrote:
ConspicuousConsumption wrote:What kind of price are we expecting, if it happens?
The Cruwear offerings seem to be pretty reasonably priced. The Para 3 was only a little more than the standard production. And considering the S90V CS exclusive is only 96, I would think a Cruwear would be in that range. Just a guess.
$96? Link?
The first time I saw a Spyderco was the early 90s at a knife shop in a mall. I can still see the SpydieHoles through that glass display cabinet. My parents wouldn't buy any of them for me... so now I buy them all. :spyder:
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

ConspicuousConsumption wrote:$96? Link?
https://cutleryshoppe.com/spyderco-c41p ... exclusive/
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Slumblor

Post by Slumblor »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
ConspicuousConsumption wrote:$96? Link?
https://cutleryshoppe.com/spyderco-c41p ... exclusive/
There ya go
T_MAC686

Post by T_MAC686 »

How is the Cruwear in existing models usually finished? Satin? Stonewash?
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

T_MAC686 wrote:How is the Cruwear in existing models usually finished? Satin? Stonewash?
Para 3 is satin
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal