S90V DLC Yojimbo 2 (coyote brown) Exclusive

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
VashHash

Re: S90V DLC Yojimbo 2 (coyote brown) Exclusive

Post by VashHash »

Mine is also out for delivery.
swigert

Post by swigert »

mb1 wrote:I'm a fan of coyote handles. ^^ That looks sweet with the satin blade.
Im thinking of switching my satin s90v from the KW exclusive into the brown and move the DLC into the CF handles...
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

swigert wrote:
mb1 wrote:I'm a fan of coyote handles. ^^ That looks sweet with the satin blade.
Im thinking of switching my satin s90v from the KW exclusive into the brown and move the DLC into the CF handles...
I say do it so I can see what it looks like the lazy way. I've thought about it myself. The detent on the brown yo2 seems a little stronger than the CFyo2. Maybe my cf Yo2 is just really broken in.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

VashHash wrote:
swigert wrote:
I say do it so I can see what it looks like the lazy way. I've thought about it myself. The detent on the brown yo2 seems a little stronger than the CFyo2. Maybe my cf Yo2 is just really broken in.
The detent on mine seems strong to me as well (perhaps something to do with the DLC?). I see that as a plus though. :D I love the action on this thing.

I wouldn't do a handle swap, the Coyote brown and DLC is awesome. BUT... they should actually make a coyote satin finish AND and an all Black version.... and S110V and DLC..... and......
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Tabo

Post by Tabo »

Liquid Cobra wrote:I honestly did like the brown and black, but I just couldn't resist turning it into the Yojimbo 2 I've always wanted. It went smoothly, no issues.
Cobra, did it have red or blue loctite on the screws when you took it apart?
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Tabo wrote:
Liquid Cobra wrote:I honestly did like the brown and black, but I just couldn't resist turning it into the Yojimbo 2 I've always wanted. It went smoothly, no issues.
Cobra, did it have red or blue loctite on the screws when you took it apart?
I didn't see any red loctite. It came apart rather easily.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

pics or this is all heresay i daresay.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Cheddarnut wrote:pics or this is all heresay i daresay.
Go back one page!
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
sal wrote:I just received my sample of the Yo2 trainer.

sal
That's excellent news Sal! You just made my day! Any chance the trainer is sitting on your desk next to an S110V Yojimbo 2? ;)
Lulz, missed this yesterday. Excellent news!

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
chuck_nunface

Post by chuck_nunface »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
VashHash wrote:
swigert wrote:
The detent on mine seems strong to me as well (perhaps something to do with the DLC?). I see that as a plus though. :D I love the action on this thing.

I wouldn't do a handle swap, the Coyote brown and DLC is awesome. BUT... they should actually make a coyote satin finish AND and an all Black version.... and S110V and DLC..... and......
Satin and s90v or s110v with coyote brown = boner
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Cheddarnut wrote:pics or this is all heresay i daresay.
Go back one page!
ah sooo. Thanks LC. Also, your swap was the most intelligible thing to do with those colours. The brown on black is just too much imnsho.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I suppose on some level it shouldn't be surprising in the least considering the blade shape and origin of the design... But holy crap can this thing cut boxes. It's like it's some kind of giant box cutter or something. :D
Last edited by ZrowsN1s on Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

thespydy

Post by thespydy »

Mine's to arrive with tomorrow's mail!!
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

Wow gpknives selling for a 180.....
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

Liquid Cobra wrote:I honestly did like the brown and black, but I just couldn't resist turning it into the Yojimbo 2 I've always wanted. It went smoothly, no issues. I can confirm the brown one only had two washers, not four like someone suspected earlier in the thread.

Dern, you're really hurtin me here. I think you've pushed me over the edge. I already have the S30v and cf S90v and these pics are forcing me to have a brown-out. This ain't enabling, this is oh so modern American torture. :D
mb1

Post by mb1 »

Tdog wrote:
Liquid Cobra wrote:I honestly did like the brown and black, but I just couldn't resist turning it into the Yojimbo 2 I've always wanted. It went smoothly, no issues. I can confirm the brown one only had two washers, not four like someone suspected earlier in the thread.

Dern, you're really hurtin me here. I think you've pushed me over the edge. I already have the S30v and cf S90v and these pics are forcing me to have a brown-out. This ain't enabling, this is oh so modern American torture. :D
You n me both man. I've been having these devious thoughts like when exactly is my wife going to be out of town, and how long exactly would shipping take?? :eek: :o
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I don't dislike the brown but it definitely looks better with a satin blade than black.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
swisspyder

Post by swisspyder »

I think orange G10 would look killer with this DLC Yo2...
Spydercos currently in my collection:
Gayle Bradley 1, Urban K390, Tenacious
Owned in the past:
Techno, Advocate
camvdcs

Post by camvdcs »

Been collecting Spydies since early 90s. This is my first DLC or Black blade. Have to admit it's awesome. Why, why, why did I start this??? I'm resisting starting a new trend of buying DLC blades... :(
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

camvdcs wrote:Been collecting Spydies since early 90s. This is my first DLC or Black blade. Have to admit it's awesome. Why, why, why did I start this??? I'm resisting starting a new trend of buying DLC blades... :(
I've only had 2 before this one, one was the all black Manix 2 that I traded off because it was hollow grind, the other was the Para 2...I called that knife Darkside and I swear it was possessed. I've never been cut so many times by a knife.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David