Black Blade (TiCN coated) Lil' Matriarch

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mushroom

Re: Black Blade (TiCN coated) Lil' Matriarch

Post by Mushroom »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:17 pm
OK, bit of a necro-thread I know, but that TiCN-coated red Delica has had me dreaming of a TiCN-coated Lil Matriarch again! ;)

Much of what we’ve been chatting up these days are black-coated blades and hawks! Come on folks, who’s with me?! :D
I would be all for it, for a few reasons!
First, I just love all black knives; I always have and probably always will! Second, I'm still tempted by the BBS PE Lil' Matriarch! Lastly, it would make a great combo with my all black Ladybug Hawkbill :D !
-Nick :bug-red
KnickKnackCity

Post by KnickKnackCity »

In
TomH

Post by TomH »

In, too. The original is one of my favorite knives.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

in for a blacked out h1 se salt. waved or not.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

I would absolutely, positively, purchase a Salt, H1 SE. Coated would be great. Uncoated, no problem either. No wave though, please. I REALLY hope this happens.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

For the record here, I’m not asking for a TiCN Tasman Salt or Spyderhawk or any single curve hawkbill. I’m asking for a regular Lil Matriarch that just happens to have a TiCN-coated blade. No wave please either!

EDIT: Also, I’m 110% supportive of a Salt version of the blacked out Lil Mat akin to what Lance was asking for in his post! I just want to see another run of this particular blade shape in VG-10 or H1! :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

I would carry a lil matriarch salt every day on the kayak if they made one!
zhyla

Post by zhyla »

I’d be happy if they just brought it back. Black blade? Whatever. Salt? That’s fine, though I have yet to buy a Salt knife.

Having spent a lot of time carrying this knife I wonder if what it really needs is a handle that’s designed specifically for the blade shape. It’s fine as is but is it ideal?
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

I really want to try the blade shape. I suppose the handle works just as well as it does for a hawkbill?
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

Definitely in for a Salt version!
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
zhyla

Post by zhyla »

cabfrank wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:13 pm
I really want to try the blade shape. I suppose the handle works just as well as it does for a hawkbill?
Yeah, it works fine. The thing that stands out the most about the Lil Matriarch as an oversight is the jimping on the thumb ramp. It doesn't hurt anything, but I can't really come up with a reason why you would hold it with your thumb on the rear of the spine like you might a regular shaped blade.
jezabel

Post by jezabel »

My recent acquisition of a civilian (which I’m still in awe of) has opened my eyes up to the world of the recurve blade. I’m on the fence about picking up a normal matriarch, but a lil matriarch would be something I’d love! .. not too keen on a black blade though.

J
FB04PBB, C07FS4K390, C12GS, C12SBK2, C36GS, C36GTIP, C36CFM390P, C36CFTIP, C36GPBORE, C41BKPS, C44GP&SGY, C46PS, C46GPBK, C52BKP, C52FPGYE, C63G3, C65TIP, C70S, C81FG, C81GS2, C81CFM4P2, C83BM, C83GP2, C101GP, C101GPS, C101CF90VP2, C105, C134CF, C151GODTiPBK